TRO TRADING VIDEOS

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

HudsonTrader

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby HudsonTrader » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:17 am

Last 2 Videos have been so helpful, thanks TRO
ReFormeD SquiGGly Line GuY, OuT of ReHab :!: :?: :!:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:52 pm

Sunny Coast wrote:popquiz-300x133.jpg

I'm slowly starting to get things sorted. It has taken a year.

Hi Sunny,

In reality, a year is not a long time to get on top of something like trading.

How many man hours has that been? How many times were you led down the wrong path by the promise of something shiny?

We've all been there and it's most definitely a part of the process.

There was an old football coach who once said, ''You are either getting better or you're getting worse. You never stand still''. This is what I aim for in my trading, always looking to get better. You will have no doubt heard of the old Sky Cycling Team boss who came up with the term and technique of ''Incremental Improvements'' and as you get better at trading, this is also what happens - your gains get less and less but become more and more important.

The main aim to begin with, is finding your niche and then work it, work it and work it some more.

Our old friend TooSlow over in The Other Place has a favourite Bruce Lee saying: ''I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once - but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.''

I don't think there is a better way to describe how to gain success in trading than that.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:59 pm

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:02 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:

Hi Sunny,

How many man hours has that been? How many times were you led down the wrong path by the promise of something shiny?

There was an old football coach who once said, ''You are either getting better or you're getting worse. You never stand still''. This is what I aim for in my trading, always looking to get better. You will have no doubt heard of the old Sky Cycling Team boss who came up with the term and technique of ''Incremental Improvements'' and as you get better at trading, this is also what happens - your gains get less and less but become more and more important.

The main aim to begin with, is finding your niche and then work it, work it and work it some more.

Our old friend TooSlow over in The Other Place has a favourite Bruce Lee saying: ''I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once - but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.''

I don't think there is a better way to describe how to gain success in trading than that.

The hardest thing with trading (for me) is that sometimes it's hard to identify where the mistakes are and how they can be fixed. I think that's because results on a trade-by-trade basis can sometimes be deceiving.

Well, I mean, even the word "mistake" here might not be entirely accurate, maybe a mistake is just failing to follow one's plan. Maybe there are just different ways of doing things, which can be profitable or not for a particular trader.

Sunny Coast

Postby Sunny Coast » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:01 am

LeMercenaire wrote:

Hi Sunny,

Always appreciate the words of wisdom and advice from those who are further down the path than I am.

Thanks Lem.
Be Humble, Learn Quickly, Find My Own Path

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:29 am

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:34 am

Jhx wrote:
The hardest thing with trading (for me) is that sometimes it's hard to identify where the mistakes are and how they can be fixed. I think that's because results on a trade-by-trade basis can sometimes be deceiving.

Well, I mean, even the word "mistake" here might not be entirely accurate, maybe a mistake is just failing to follow one's plan. Maybe there are just different ways of doing things, which can be profitable or not for a particular trader.

You are correct that "mistake" may not accurately describe what happened.

Did you click buy instead of sell? That would be a mistake. Easily identified and corrected.

If you clicked sell and price ran the other way immediately and hit your stop, was that a mistake? If you didn't follow your plan, that was a mistake. Why didn't you follow your plan? If you did follow your plan, that's just the breaks. Forget it and wait for the next entry signal.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:05 pm

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:31 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:

18 out of 19? Wow. I wonder what type of trade management Walmal uses.

Over the past few days I've been trying to fill some "holes" that my plan had. Now I think that I have it covered (if it works well or not that's another ballgame).

I've been trying to build a plan for myself to "go" along with price after I place the trade with this method. This is by watching if price closes / fails to close above / below "problem areas" or highs / lows that happened in the recent past or throughout the trade. That way I trade according to the development of price and if I get a close that fits that criteria I exit or stay (whether in profit or in loss) to prevent myself from second guessing and just execute.

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:44 pm

To go into detail regarding the previous post:

This is my thought process on how I'm building my plan:
- I can't know what's going to happen next
- I need to base my decisions on something on the chart, whether it's going in my favor or against me
- My clues on the chart (possible "problem areas") are places where price turned (could be one or more times), or congested / stalled. These are set before the trade, but can also appear during the trade (for example, price starts stalling and gets into a range, if the zones / lines that I'm between are too far apart this can be a new zone).
- I can't just exit at the first tick against me; price moves up and down so I can't expect it to move in a straight line all the time.
- For that reason, I need to allow price to move while having a reference point where I decide that price is or isn't going my way (a close above / below a line, or inside / outside a zone). If I get a close that isn't favorable for the direction of my trade, I exit. If not, I wait until the next line / zone.

The 10 pip stop allows me to cut a potential loser short if it were the case. I didn't trade this, but just as an example. The yellow line is the "a close above this line > exit".

Example.gif
Example.gif (30.16 KiB) Viewed 2305 times

I couldn't trade today, so I just looked at the charts and wrote down some stuff. Tomorrow I'll give it the first test-drive for the full session.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”