free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

petec6635

Re: DAILY WICK ZONE TRADING

Postby petec6635 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:50 pm

MightyOne wrote:
petec6635 wrote:http://prntscr.com/h8had2

http://prntscr.com/h8hhv7

Hi Mo, how do you get your candles to be like that because it is very simple and easy on the eyes. Can you share your template please?

PERFECT_OPEN.ex4

Hello, thanks for this MO.

I tried to put in this \open data folder \MQL4\Experts, restart MT4, when restarted, it is not there and the ex4 has disappeared from the folder I pasted in!? What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: nevermind MO, I saw that you posted the .mq4 just now, no the .ex4. Thank you again.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

petec6635

Postby petec6635 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:00 am

I have a question on MM.

There is a 75% chance that price moves away from the wick zone. But how do you manage MM. Do you "try" and stick with 2:1 to actually make any money in the long term or would 1:1 be fine for this method, for 1% a day for example, or even lower RR? Or are closing out trades very flexible and highly discretional?

Trying to trade this but always getting back to zero profit after a few weeks :/

JP1

Postby JP1 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:23 pm

I see this thread hasnt been active for a couple of years - has it moved somewhere else or been migrated to a newer indicator or similar?

EdwardWinslow

Postby EdwardWinslow » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:37 pm

Does the man who invented the wick zones trading method even trade the wick zone?

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:17 am

EdwardWinslow wrote:Does the man who invented the wick zones trading method even trade the wick zone?
Yes.

It seems like you're trying to get some sort of validation / confirmation that this is something that's worth putting the time into. But these questions won't do any good to your trading. Even if some people trade wick zones succesfully doesn't mean that you will. Conversely, if some folks come in and say they can't make money using the wick zone that doesn't mean that you can't.

Try to see if the method works or doesn't work for you. Give it some time and if it's not your cup of tea feel free to look for something else.

EdwardWinslow

Postby EdwardWinslow » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:41 am

If someone is profitably trading the wick zone and is trying to teach another person how they are doing it and that person follows
every single detail that teacher explains to them... you would think that the person learning that trading method would be able to
replicate what the teacher is teaching.

If the teacher just says ... price goes into the wick zone out of the wick zone so simple ... and wonders why the students aren't getting it.
Either the teacher is a bad teacher, the method doesn't work and they are trying to breeze thru maybe because they are just selling indicators for a method that doesn't work, or they are hiding some information or technique on how they are managing it.

If this wick zone method works... and since the method was formed in 2014 ( or whenever )... you would think there would be BOAT LOADS of
people in this forum saying... hey... love the wick zone, works great... here is how I do it... or here is a technique I have been using... BUT no...
just a few broad comments and No one has said they even trade for a living...

What's the point of trading if you can't make money? ... the proof of a method working is how many people actually make money... if no one in group is making money... then what does that say about the method?

Shouldn't Kreslik be the happy place with people who are making money, it's been around long enough?

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:15 am

I trade the wick zones and I'm profitable. I see the charts and it works. I trade the GBP pairs and have a 75% success rate. Unfortunately, like many things in life, some are able to understand certain things and others aren't. My only advice to you, no one owes you anything so the fact that someone was able to share their technique is already enough. I'm completely grateful to TRO for even posting his videos. If it wasn't for him, I would still be breaking my head trying to "find the trend."

Some information that might help:

Open up the chart, no fear, and trade what you see. On the daily chart, you'll see that candles tend to:

1. Have an upper and lower wick

2. The body tends to stay away from wicks.

3. Possibly something else but I don't remember at the moment.

Anyways, to further expand on the points:

1. If MOST daily candles have an upper and lower wick then this means that price RETRACES in the same day. So if you're bullish and in profit but it's getting close to the London close and you notice on the daily chart that there isn't a top wick YET...most likely price will start to retrace. So take your profit. Price will either keep going up or most likely it will break down and reverse. This reversal is known as a "Rat Trade" in this example, it's a "Red Rat" because price will most likely go down to create the top wick you see on most daily candles. Vice versa on bearish trades.

2. (Bullish Example again) If the body of the candle tends to stay away from wicks, and price is breaking the previous candle high or "wick" then MOST LIKELY price will continue to move up and close over the wick. You could be wrong and maybe the high only broke about 5 pips and then crashed down. It happens, that's trading. But most likely, price will move up a good amount before deciding to stay or to come back in. Remember, price tends to stay away from the wicks so if price if moving back down, it will most likely move PAST the wick formation and into the previous candles body and possibly past it. So take your profit if you're in profit and exit if your too confused as to what will happen.

Lastly, Money management is important. I really can't teach you money management, it kinda just comes with experience. I can tell you to put your stops at what you're able to lose but you might only want to lose $100 and if your lot size is too large, then it might be too tight. I can say "Don't trade more than 2% of your account" but if you're putting that whole 2% in ONE trade and one Method then it might not work that one time.

There's more techniques that tell you more stuff. I'm barely learning about the IB trades, the fat finger trades, and another one that was mentioned earlier this week...I believe guzzard trade or something like that.

Hope this information finds you well, again, if it doesn't work, it's most likely your character. You might need to work on yourself more before attempting to trade. How fearful are you? Are you an organized person? Do you tend to change your rules out of emotion? Do you follow blindly? How important is money right now? How bad do you want to be successful?

Also, with me, I would be on my computer for 6 hours or more per day. Just learning about different indicators, learning different methods, staring at charts waiting for a revelation. It's been close to 2 months since I found TRO on the Forex Factory. Since then, I spend less than an hour a day looking at my computer. I sleep more, I watch more netflix, and I'm making more money. I don't post as much anymore, I don't look at anymore trading videos. In other words, the more successful I'm becoming, the less I want to be posting and explaining things. Maybe that's what happens, people find success and they start leaving the forums. Only a few stay behind to answer questions and help when they can.
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:13 am

BambinoFlex wrote:I trade the wick zones and I'm profitable. I see the charts and it works. I trade the GBP pairs and have a 75% success rate. Unfortunately, like many things in life, some are able to understand certain things and others aren't. My only advice to you, no one owes you anything so the fact that someone was able to share their technique is already enough. I'm completely grateful to TRO for even posting his videos. If it wasn't for him, I would still be breaking my head trying to "find the trend."

Some information that might help:

Open up the chart, no fear, and trade what you see. On the daily chart, you'll see that candles tend to:

1. Have an upper and lower wick

2. The body tends to stay away from wicks.

3. Possibly something else but I don't remember at the moment.

Anyways, to further expand on the points:

1. If MOST daily candles have an upper and lower wick then this means that price RETRACES in the same day. So if you're bullish and in profit but it's getting close to the London close and you notice on the daily chart that there isn't a top wick YET...most likely price will start to retrace. So take your profit. Price will either keep going up or most likely it will break down and reverse. This reversal is known as a "Rat Trade" in this example, it's a "Red Rat" because price will most likely go down to create the top wick you see on most daily candles. Vice versa on bearish trades.

2. (Bullish Example again) If the body of the candle tends to stay away from wicks, and price is breaking the previous candle high or "wick" then MOST LIKELY price will continue to move up and close over the wick. You could be wrong and maybe the high only broke about 5 pips and then crashed down. It happens, that's trading. But most likely, price will move up a good amount before deciding to stay or to come back in. Remember, price tends to stay away from the wicks so if price if moving back down, it will most likely move PAST the wick formation and into the previous candles body and possibly past it. So take your profit if you're in profit and exit if your too confused as to what will happen.

Lastly, Money management is important. I really can't teach you money management, it kinda just comes with experience. I can tell you to put your stops at what you're able to lose but you might only want to lose $100 and if your lot size is too large, then it might be too tight. I can say "Don't trade more than 2% of your account" but if you're putting that whole 2% in ONE trade and one Method then it might not work that one time.

There's more techniques that tell you more stuff. I'm barely learning about the IB trades, the fat finger trades, and another one that was mentioned earlier this week...I believe guzzard trade or something like that.

Hope this information finds you well, again, if it doesn't work, it's most likely your character. You might need to work on yourself more before attempting to trade. How fearful are you? Are you an organized person? Do you tend to change your rules out of emotion? Do you follow blindly? How important is money right now? How bad do you want to be successful?

Also, with me, I would be on my computer for 6 hours or more per day. Just learning about different indicators, learning different methods, staring at charts waiting for a revelation. It's been close to 2 months since I found TRO on the Forex Factory. Since then, I spend less than an hour a day looking at my computer. I sleep more, I watch more netflix, and I'm making more money. I don't post as much anymore, I don't look at anymore trading videos. In other words, the more successful I'm becoming, the less I want to be posting and explaining things. Maybe that's what happens, people find success and they start leaving the forums. Only a few stay behind to answer questions and help when they can.

Thank you for posting this.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:37 am

gilly wrote:Good morning TRO,

I'm having some troubles getting the indicator to show certain information. The GU chart is missing the long trigger/short trigger along with the account information that the bottom chart has. I've tried for awhile this morning to get it to show and for some reason it's not working. It's not a huge issue, but I like all my charts to match and show the same information. Any help is appreciated, thanks! GBPUSDiH1.pngNZDUSDiH1.png

The GU was not in the wick zone. That's why it doesn't display.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

EdwardWinslow

Postby EdwardWinslow » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:36 am

Yo Bambino Flex, thanks you for the thorough explanation and long reply. I'll keep on the wick zones for few months and let you know my results. I've had some successful trades on it this last week but not sure if that was luck or skill. I'll keep on it and hopefully I'll be watching more netflix.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”