Daily Wick Zone Trader ( who place pending orders? )

everything that doesn't belong elsewhere cometh here

Moderator: moderators

EdwardWinslow

Daily Wick Zone Trader ( who place pending orders? )

Postby EdwardWinslow » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:34 am

Are there any wick zone traders placing pending orders out there? Any method on protecting your profits while you are away from the computer?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

joshuayip

Re: Daily Wick Zone Trader ( who place pending orders? )

Postby joshuayip » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:03 am

I am thinking of doing that. Just that I am not sure how to place my TP / SL at this point.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:25 pm

Running WZ is all about scalping the market. There should be no need to leave trades running for any length of time.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:40 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Running WZ is all about scalping the market. There should be no need to leave trades running for any length of time.

What do you mean by that? I thought Wick zone trading was a break out strategy. I'm under the impression that a breakout would mean price is moving in that direction.

I've never traded that type of strategy so I'm probably wrong.

If wick zone trading is scalping, does that mean price reverts back to its mean? Giving opening to the Rat Zone reversal trade?
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:00 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:Running WZ is all about scalping the market. There should be no need to leave trades running for any length of time.

What do you mean by that? I thought Wick zone trading was a break out strategy. I'm under the impression that a breakout would mean price is moving in that direction.

If wick zone trading is scalping, does that mean price reverts back to its mean? Giving opening to the Rat Zone reversal trade?

It's both.

If you take a trade entry as say price crosses the outside level and keeps on going that way, riding MOMO all day, without looking back, then you have a breakout strategy.

However the WZ is there all day, so if you take an entry as price breaks the High, you bag +3 pips and then close as it stalls and crosses back into the zone. Then you enter another as price drops back into the body, bag +5 and close as once more we get a retrace back into the zone. Price does this all day, in-and-out, +2 +6 +1 +3, then hey, whaddayaknow, you're scalping.

See line, trade line. Take what it gives you and call it what you want.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:08 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:

It's both.

If you take a trade entry as say price crosses the outside level and keeps on going that way, riding MOMO all day, without looking back, then you have a breakout strategy.

However the WZ is there all day, so if you take an entry as price breaks the High, you bag +3 pips and then close as it stalls and crosses back into the zone. Then you enter another as price drops back into the body, bag +5 and close as once more we get a retrace back into the zone. Price does this all day, in-and-out, +2 +6 +1 +3, then hey, whaddayaknow, you're scalping.

Got it, thank you for your insightful information
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:15 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:

It's both.

Got it, thank you for your insightful information

You're welcome. Never be afraid to ask questions.

EdwardWinslow

Postby EdwardWinslow » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:02 am

For all those out there not glued to their screen while trading the wick zones and wondering how the heck are you going to protect your profits, exit, and reduce amount of losses let lend an olive branch....

The wick zone is introduced by Avery as a great entry plan but he really fails at painting the entire picture. Is he leaving that up to us... or is he not explaining a complete wick zone plan for us - maybe he is just tired of explaining. I am not sure but I think he would get a lot more 'donations' if he packaged the trade plans a little better and everyone would be less confused.

I think if you were trying to swing trade ( since you have a full time job or life to attend to ) you should take the trades that are month, week, daily in your favor and place a pending order one pip above/below that price.

To protect the trades I've attached an EA that will protect the trades. The plan is to set stop loss to break even ( or as Avery does 1 pip profit) once it has reached 5 pips. Then the EA will auto set a trailing stop of 5 pips to trail it.

Some things I still wonder about is... Is this system a good risk reward method... I mean... if you are only making 10-15 pips profit on trades and you initial stop loss is set 10 pips away.... all those things we learned about 2:1, 3:1.... or whatever go out the window.

In addition - there are many fake out moves in this system... you will get losses (will the losses eat away at this entire system?). I am now forward testing this method for the next few months to see if this method is even profitable. The only way you can find out is to demo this system for months and see what your results.

If anyone is having success with the Wick Zones, please share your strategy or add to this thread your ideas.

I added two EAs - try them both.
fvoe 1.6.3.mq4
(18.04 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
fvoe 1.6.2.mq4
(17.76 KiB) Downloaded 232 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:06 am

EdwardWinslow wrote:For all those out there not glued to their screen while trading the wick zones and wondering how the heck are you going to protect your profits, exit, and reduce amount of losses let lend an olive branch....

The wick zone is introduced by Avery as a great entry plan but he really fails at painting the entire picture. Is he leaving that up to us... or is he not explaining a complete wick zone plan for us - maybe he is just tired of explaining. I am not sure but I think he would get a lot more 'donations' if he packaged the trade plans a little better and everyone would be less confused.

I think if you were trying to swing trade ( since you have a full time job or life to attend to ) you should take the trades that are month, week, daily in your favor and place a pending order one pip above/below that price.

To protect the trades I've attached an EA that will protect the trades. The plan is to set stop loss to break even ( or as Avery does 1 pip profit) once it has reached 5 pips. Then the EA will auto set a trailing stop of 5 pips to trail it.

Some things I still wonder about is... Is this system a good risk reward method... I mean... if you are only making 10-15 pips profit on trades and you initial stop loss is set 10 pips away.... all those things we learned about 2:1, 3:1.... or whatever go out the window.

In addition - there are many fake out moves in this system... you will get losses (will the losses eat away at this entire system?). I am now forward testing this method for the next few months to see if this method is even profitable. The only way you can find out is to demo this system for months and see what your results.

If anyone is having success with the Wick Zones, please share your strategy or add to this thread your ideas.

I added two EAs - try them both. fvoe 1.6.3.mq4fvoe 1.6.2.mq4

Frequency distribution stats will help give you information per candle (how often a certain candle has price reach a certain level before it retraces. If it does retrace, how many times will it then turn again back in your favour, how many will it turn all the way back, etc).

Personally, I use counter trading techniques to effectively hedge against negative moves. However, I am a full time trader and I am a hard core scalper, this is my bread and butter. It's not for everyone and not even legal in the US.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:14 am

As a swing trader, what you should consider instead is the directional bias information you can gain from the Daily Wick Zone.

For instance, if price is inside of the Upper Zone, then you know that the likelihood is you are going to get a move out of that zone.

Which way? Well, add in where the Weekly Open is. If it's below, then you could be more likely to see a move Long.

Is there Z-Line info in the overall pa shape?

Is there Supply+Demand info?

Do you see what I mean?

Conversely, if price has already moved out of a WZ, then one could say that the moment has passed and it's a day to stay out of that pair. Although, you can get situations where if you are looking at price still being in the first break move, then you can expect price to retrace back towards the upper limit edge of the zone after the initial push, before it fails to close back inside the WZ, instead returning to the direction you were originally looking at.

Return to “general”