Rise of the Silent Ones

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Rise of the Silent Ones

Postby LeMercenaire » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:15 pm

Leoheart wrote:I am humble,All Love & Brutal truth:

"Confidence is the result of working on yourself. It is the benefit of proving yourself to yourself. It is knowing you can handle whatever comes your way." -Unknown

I have being mulling over on how to say this for a couple weeks and already deleted a draft. Feeling an emotional state is one thing, but jotting it down is more difficult than I thought.

In all of trading the entry always comes first. We have to enter the trade in order to move on to the next phase. Even before fearing what can happen After you enter a trade, see if your emotionally ready to even enter the trade.

There is a feeling of complete internal peace and laser like focus. Its an earth shattering believe (confidence) in whatever you are doing, and you would still do it even if the whole world was against your decision. These are types of entries were its irrelevant if your trading 1 mini or 10 standard lots. In this state, you are emotionally balanced and accept the consequences of your actions. You see fear only exists because you are unwilling to Fully accept your actions. There is more I want to say , and I feel like what I have said so far is not enough. There is more here, and a critical concept to grasp...just hard to put it on paper just yet. Maybe in a future edit.

-Leo out.

This is a perfect description of the mindset I needed to have back in the day when I would solo climbs (ie climb without ropes).

I would never do so on easy climbs but only on routes over death-falls.

Only then could I maintain the level of focus needed - and that I was searching for - as over easy stuff, my mind would wander.

The risk had to warrant the commitment.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:25 am

“We need only in cold blood act as if the thing in question were real, and it will become infallibly real by growing into such a connection with our life that it will become real. It will become so knit with habit and emotion that our interests in it will be those which characterize belief.” He continues, ” … only you must, then, really wish these things, and wish them exclusively, and not wish at the same time a hundred other incompatible things just as strongly.” -William James.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:17 am

I am humble, All love and brutal truth:

Freestyle here goes:

Ok so you are on the the charts 5 hrs a day? Are you leaving with a head ache? There is something not right. Don’t wait 5 years to realize this. Even if you have the time to trade full time but you feel drained after your workday irregardless if you make money or not, you won’t be able to keep this route for too long. I am talking in averages, ok course there may be exceptional days good and bad.

Trading has to be natural extension of who are as a person. You see it’s easy to get hyped up about a method a person is trading and all you can see is dollars sign when they post there gains. And everything seems so fast like just woke up and went ape $hit on the market and money just flew into there. But when you try this method (methodology) everything slows down and you start to wonder when the trades will come. 5 min pass 5 min pass 1 hour pass . Still waiting. 2 hours pass.. tick tock tick tick tick. Your brain is fatigued and you can feel it but you keep pushing. 4 hours later you enter a trade and bang! It’s a loss... now your just pissed . Your brain let’s you how the hell can this person milk the market while I can’t even get one trade right.. from there your day gets worst and you mixing your untested method with there methods (untested by you) and you end up with a massive headache. Your day is finally done.

Take heed, learn about what makes you tick. Maybe you are fearless swing trader trying to scalp out scraps from the market.
Learn and relearn who you are. You are special in someway I can feel it man. You truly have greatness in you. I love you keep at it brotther(or sister) I know you.

No edits, freestyle Leo out

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:32 pm

I am humble, All love & brutal truth:

And...They are off to the races. I truly wish you a prosperous trading week.

Don't be perfect, but you better Damn well trade perfectly in-accordance to what you plan to see.

To recap - A proper entry is never desperate. Its neutral & peaceful. If you are trading a small account as you enter the trade think if this trade would scare if you were trading with an account balance/size that is fairly large. If you feel uneasy with the thought of trading this at a large size, you are not full accepting of this approach/method.

-Leo out

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:52 am

I am humble, All love and brutal truth:

“Soon all of this will be a long time ago” - unknown

“ Fear your fear, your courage tears Dare your fear, things become fair. Cage not your courage just for mere fear. Engage your courage, enrage your fear. The more your success draws near, The more the fear that stare. It turns so mere and starts to clear. Your bright future is just so dear Prepare to move in spite your fear Fear disappears into thin air And very soon you will be there!” -unknown

It’s time to Rise.

-Leo out.

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:25 am

Leoheart wrote:I am humble, All love & brutal truth:

Don't be perfect, but you better Damn well trade perfectly in-accordance to what you plan to see.

To recap - A proper entry is never desperate. Its neutral & peaceful. If you are trading a small account as you enter the trade think if this trade would scare if you were trading with an account balance/size that is fairly large. If you feel uneasy with the thought of trading this at a large size, you are not full accepting of this approach/method.

-Leo out

Nailing down the trade management is the hardest thing for me as there are so many options.

If you decide to trade the breakout then you will run into the problem of buying into a place where
people are exiting a majority of their position.

what_is_the_solution.png
what_is_the_solution.png (16.33 KiB) Viewed 3553 times

The only thing that I can think of is to satisfy both likely scenarios:

1. Price made new highs, there was a correction, and you enter on the breakout of a high.
2. Price made new highs, there was a correction, the same bar that broke lower crosses its own midpoint.

So it would appear that something very similar, but not quite, to Joe Ross would be the way to go.

was_is.png
was_is.png (4.23 KiB) Viewed 3553 times
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:27 pm

IgazI wrote:
Leoheart wrote:I am humble, All love & brutal truth:

-Leo out

Nailing down the trade management is the hardest thing for me as there are so many options.

If you decide to trade the breakout then you will run into the problem of buying into a place where
people are exiting a majority of their position.

what_is_the_solution.png

The only thing that I can think of is to satisfy both likely scenarios:

1. Price made new highs, there was a correction, and you enter on the breakout of a high.
2. Price made new highs, there was a correction, the same bar that broke lower crosses its own midpoint.

So it would appear that something very similar, but not quite, to Joe Ross would be the way to go.

was_is.png

I am humble, All Love and Brutal truth:

I must say again as I am accompanied by a dear friend. I am humble and All love.

Contrary to popular believes, Cookie cutter perfect trades do exist. Lets focus on entries as it opens up a plethora of options when we Need to exist. Does price have to close higher for us to believe its going higher?

Picture this: A man accompanies two massive suitcase & is yelling from the top of this lungs "Free Money", "Free Money". Your are first one to arrive at the scene. You are naturally skeptical, so you just stare and wonder if this can real be true. 3 minutes later a lady with a dog walks by takes 50 dollars and scrams. Then you have 2 more people take a good $200. By now your mouth is watering, but still quite not sure...4 more people take their fill. Now you are ready, You make your move along with 200 other people that were waiting as you were. Its a frenzy like a pack of hungry sharks picking away at massive amounts of pre-packaged chum, all the loot is gone.

Similarly when a candle opens, most trades don't just jump on broad. They normally wait for confirmation aka squiggly, rsi, macd break etc.. Most getting on board by the Midpoint of the candle, and by the time all are on board its closing time. So if a candle closes right above the previous candle's midpoint, what does this tell us? Ok its not closing higher, but it definitely took out a whole lot of trades. An entry here is alot more attractive than waiting for a larger engulfing candle to close aka momo, because as you said this is area where many take profit.

Now once you believe the above to be true. A few things can happen. If you enter and price does eventually does against you (me), you (me) are the closet zombie to S/R and by the time the other zombie reach your level, you are either out or shed your lots. Or if have strong conviction, push your zombie rear-end along and start accumulating underneath your entry level.

The key is at least you entered at a perfect level, and full accept and ready for anything that comes after.

I'll cover the Breakout scenario in another post my good friend, dude the day is unwinding and I feel tired now :|.
Last edited by Leoheart on Sun May 05, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:11 am

Mmm, I said nothing about closes good buddy; I am just talking about the truth of things as they unfold throughout the life of a bar.

The discussion is that of trading 'chaos', not that of worrying what other people are doing or may do in the future:

Every* green candle was red at the beginning and we know this because green candles have tails.

If price were going up then it would make new highs and we know this because a range can only expand by price pushing on the high or the low: if price does not push on the daily highs or lows then it cannot achieve daily minimum ranges and we know good and well that larger charts, for the most part, have larger ranges and thus you could say that the expansion of the range is the trend.

As I mentioned in the pic, the most unlikely scenario that I can think of is for price to: make a new high, turn around, traverse the whole length of the candle, and then start pushing on the lows; every push higher is like another nail in Peter Pan's shadow.

Chaos points to the right and declares that there is a higher order where as synergy points to the left and declares that everything is a subsystem: a green fractal within a green candle is chaos and synergy coming together.

I am still researching how people trade 'chaos'...

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:24 pm

Does price have to close higher for us to believe its going higher?

I have thought about the question and I believe that it can be rephrased as "what must I see before I commit to a trade"

Close higher than what?: It could rise without closing above an extreme but it can't rise, over an extended period of time, without rising closing prices

does_it_ht.png
does_it_ht.png (7.49 KiB) Viewed 3468 times

I think that at a minimum we need to see: a higher high, a higher low, and a breakout of the high to rule out congestion.

In the picture below, I started by drawing why I felt I needed the high breakout after the HH and HL and then marked 'short' where I feel that I would be wrong about that trade.

when_im_wrong.png
when_im_wrong.png (7.16 KiB) Viewed 3468 times

[EDIT: deleted my last post after a newer discovery]

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:07 pm

IgazI wrote:Mmm, I said nothing about closes good buddy; I am just talking about the truth of things as they unfold throughout the life of a bar.

The discussion is that of trading 'chaos', not that of worrying what other people are doing or may do in the future:

Every* green candle was red at the beginning and we know this because green candles have tails.

If price were going up then it would make new highs and we know this because a range can only expand by price pushing on the high or the low: if price does not push on the daily highs or lows then it cannot achieve daily minimum ranges and we know good and well that larger charts, for the most part, have larger ranges and thus you could say that the expansion of the range is the trend.

As I mentioned in the pic, the most unlikely scenario that I can think of is for price to: make a new high, turn around, traverse the whole length of the candle, and then start pushing on the lows; every push higher is like another nail in Peter Pan's shadow.

Chaos points to the right and declares that there is a higher order where as synergy points to the left and declares that everything is a subsystem: a green fractal within a green candle is chaos and synergy coming together.

I am still researching how people trade 'chaos'...

Unlike in real life, All we do is worry about what people are doing & what we plan to see them doing. We exploit their faulty beliefs, do we not? Otherwise you'd just be randomly guessing.

Yeah man, you're right I completely mis-read your post. After getting some rest, I get your flow & and I do like where you are going with this.

I looked at chaos (focused on fractals in particular) in the past. Bill Williams was a mentor of mine (never meet the man). As Zigzag came along into my life, studying fractals (williams style) took a 'back burn' and I haven't thought about this form of trading until you brought it up. So needless to say you have peeked my interest again, and I already like what you presented.

Always loved the name 'Chaos trading', just sounds so cool. I can just picture you now Igazi, at our annual traders ball among all the other traders.

As you are frantically analzysing chaos, you smell a fine scent behind you and hear steps approaching.

Its female, and she is curious as to what you are working on:

Female: Hi there, what are you working on?
Igazi: (Turns his neck in swift motion while his body is still facing the screen, his eyes are flaring for added effect, In deep low tone he says) "Look here Female, I am trading chaos."
Female: Oh sounds adventureous and daring.

Now doesn't "trading chaos" sound so much better than "Ya I trade a horizontal line Ya", even if batman himself says it, still doesn't have the same effect:

Female: Hi there, you are mysterious I wonder what you are working on?
Batman: (deep low tone almost like a whisper) "Loook here Femaleeee, I tradee a horizontaal line"..5 secs later "I am batmannn".
Female: With contoured smirk (Female is having nightmares flash backs of geomtry and liner albera class.) "Ah how nice, gotta run I smell the exhaust of a lamborghini pull up in the parking lot."

Disclaimer: All the characters here are fictional with exception of Igazi. If someone with name "Female" actually exist,then my sincere appologies.

Igazi, you have to let me join your Choas trading club. I don't want to be that weird trader hanging around on the side lines with Marty mcfly and Steve erkel at the traders ball. I know what this is all about.Hey guys I am learning about Chaos..What do you take me for a fool? Its never about the monies but all about the honies...Yeah!!. Pound it Pound it(by that I mean tap our knuckles, its the new high 5 all the hip kids are doing it.)

:lol: :lol: We have to much fun here..
"Soon all of this will be a long time ago" - Lighten up (not exclusively directed toward you,Igazi), make a friend or 2. Joke a little, laugh a little, learn a little as the candle's wick slowly burns to 0.

-Leo Out

Return to “TheRumpledOne”