Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Leoheart

Re: Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

Postby Leoheart » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Lem, if you were to trade this setup as ‘set and forget’ how would you do it? Lets say working folks only have 5-10 mins to scan for setups after a 4hr open. Thanks.

Edit: This inquiry very open ended. I would love to hear your thoughts. Put yourself in the shoes of Hard working mother with 4 kids. She has a full time job and needs to attend soccer practice. Trading is her passion, and she is determined to make this work. It’s all on your shoulders Lem, show her the light.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:15 am

[quote="Leoheart"]Lem, if you were to trade this setup as ‘set and forget’ how would you do it? Lets say working folks only have 5-10 mins to scan for setups after a 4hr open. Thanks.

Edit: This inquiry very open ended. I would love to hear your thoughts. Put yourself in the shoes of Hard working mother with 4 kids. She has a full time job and needs to attend soccer practice. Trading is her passion, and she is determined to make this work. It’s all on your shoulders Lem, show her the light.[
/quote]

Let me get back to you, lol.

Sorry, only joshing. It's 01:10 here and I'm just in the door.

I will give your question some thought and get back to you tomorrow.

I reckon it's entirely doable. You will inevitably lose some functionality - as seen by my trade above - but yeah, I'll give you something.

I should say that farther down the line, we are going to time frames that make the H4 seem like a 30 second chart.

(PS: Is your soccer mum single? Just curious :P)

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:01 am

Possible (re-entry) set-up coming on GU. Need to wait for the live H4 candle to close though, so 04:00 for me. Not going to happen, so I will see what's going on when I finally get to the screens.

fjasonf

Postby fjasonf » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:38 am

Hey LeM!

I just want to stop by and say congrats on your thread! Keep killing it my friend!

Jason

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:30 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:Lem, if you were to trade this setup as ‘set and forget’ how would you do it? Lets say working folks only have 5-10 mins to scan for setups after a 4hr open. Thanks.

Edit: This inquiry very open ended. I would love to hear your thoughts. Put yourself in the shoes of Hard working mother with 4 kids. She has a full time job and needs to attend soccer practice. Trading is her passion, and she is determined to make this work. It’s all on your shoulders Lem, show her the light.[
/quote]

I reckon it's entirely doable. You will inevitably lose some functionality - as seen by my trade above - but yeah, I'll give you something.

I should say that farther down the line, we are going to time frames that make the H4 seem like a 30 second chart.

Yea single, but can you deal with the heavy baggage, HA!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:40 am

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:Lem, if you were to trade this setup as ‘set and forget’ how would you do it? Lets say working folks only have 5-10 mins to scan for setups after a 4hr open. Thanks.

/quote]

Yea single, but can you deal with the heavy baggage, HA!

Heavy baggage? I do have a strong back, if that's any use! :P

I must admit, I did think we were talking hypothetically here, lol.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:42 am

fjasonf wrote:Hey LeM!

I just want to stop by and say congrats on your thread! Keep killing it my friend!

Jason

Thanks Jason. Means a lot.

Drop by any time. :D

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:07 pm

Ok then, back from my wandering for now. What's been happening?

Well, sure enough, we got our drop entry. Also, sure enough, I didn't get it as I wasn't there at the time.

Now, have a look at the chart - zoomed in so we can see the detail...

GBPUSD H4 Ichi Short Re-Rentry

Screenshot 2019-02-13 at 11.33.33 - Edited.png
Screenshot 2019-02-13 at 11.33.33 - Edited.png (54.16 KiB) Viewed 3010 times

You can see that there was a puny attempt at a head-fake, before the real move kicked off. I've left the micro-fib on where I placed it last night to let you see how it just poked it's head up through the level.

Now, I do normally like to see a stronger rejection ''shape'' to the trigger candle and so I can honestly say that I am not sure how i would have played this one. (The ma has been ''pulled'' lower by the pa that has since come, so at the time, it would have been higher on the chart).

This would be reinforced by the fact that the Lower MACD (L-MACD from now on) is not exactly flexing its muscles and is / was in fact looking like the 130 lb weakling getting ready to have sand kicked in his face at the beach.

Looks like we'd also have the Upper MACD (U-MACD) on the wrong side of our mid-line. (This is a little difficult to know how exactly it looked after the fact but I'd be willing to guess, it would have been above to some degree).

My thinking would likely have been that yeah, let's do something - but that something would probably have been to jump on board the momo, running it from the lower time frame(s) / Tick-Chart and get what I could.

As I write this, the max move would have brought in some +40 pips or so, so not too shabby and I am sure that there would have been an opportunity or two to bag some of those pips along the way.

The more I look at it, the more I do not really hold out much hope of this being a major move, however.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:36 pm

Well, seems like my caution was justified. Price has reversed on us, so maxed out (for now) on the +40 or so, or whatever it was.

Take a look at where it bounced! Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

GBPUSD H4

Screenshot 2019-02-13 at 12.07.47 - Edited.png
Screenshot 2019-02-13 at 12.07.47 - Edited.png (55.74 KiB) Viewed 3003 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:45 pm

Had a quick gander at the T-60 chart to see how it had looked this morning across that move.

Rough count gives me:

+9 08:00 - 08:10
+10 09:20 - 09:25
+2 (maybe - maybe scratch in reality) 09:38 - 09:43
+5 10:45 - 10:49
+5 11:11 - 11:14

Then a break in the mud until we got the switch to a Long entry and that would have been very nice indeed - and clean and clear as a mountain stream...

+50 11:54 - 12:00

Return to “TheRumpledOne”