How to be a MOnster

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mr. D

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mr. D » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi aliassmith,

Thank you for sharing your graph. Curious about the pink/red lines. What are they? What are the rules of drawing them?

Thanks!

aliassmith wrote:
Mira wrote:I even tried to draw zlines, CCs and breaks on D1.
Price respected the levels well on all the charts but they confused me at some point.

Here I re adapted lines to H1 levels.
First arrow breakout, break in: i went short but then price broke below and above the lower line (second arrow).

I closed the trade there because I had no idea of the direction of the next move. :(

53957270-AE6E-42A9-869B-3D4CE7FD28CE.png

Where I marked the black horizontal lines is where I see the Zlines. I also marked an area where I would have considered an exit. My stop loss would have been at the top of the last swing high. 1:1 or 1:1.5 risk:reward depending on which one you played.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:28 pm

Mr. D wrote:Hi aliassmith,

Thank you for sharing your graph. Curious about the pink/red lines. What are they? What are the rules of drawing them?

Thanks!

aliassmith wrote:
Mira wrote:I even tried to draw zlines, CCs and breaks on D1.
Price respected the levels well on all the charts but they confused me at some point.

Here I re adapted lines to H1 levels.
First arrow breakout, break in: i went short but then price broke below and above the lower line (second arrow).

I closed the trade there because I had no idea of the direction of the next move. :(

53957270-AE6E-42A9-869B-3D4CE7FD28CE.png

Where I marked the black horizontal lines is where I see the Zlines. I also marked an area where I would have considered an exit. My stop loss would have been at the top of the last swing high. 1:1 or 1:1.5 risk:reward depending on which one you played.

That isn't my graph. It is Mira's graph that I added to.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Mr. D

Postby Mr. D » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:31 pm

You're right.

Mira, can you educate about the lines?

Thanks in advance,

aliassmith wrote:

Thanks!

aliassmith wrote:

Mira

Postby Mira » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:42 pm

Mr. D wrote:You're right.

Thanks in advance,

aliassmith wrote:

Thanks!

Thank you aliassmith!
That is the way i took that trade, however on the 'exit' line price made a bullish bounce, green momos on the left and a breakout.. so i was confused about the next price movement, in the end it went up. I learned something so simple that i wasn't considering: some targets are reversals too #-o :D

Mr. D

that it's what i was saying with "lines at zlines, CC or 50% of momentum" on a H4+ chart, those lines are from D1 and adapted to H1.
I decided to re-study them on the last Thursday but they are already working good for me :shock:

If i drop to H1 i adjust the lines to what i see on this time frame, you'll notice that there is confluence around those lines (in fact they are really more "zones" than "lines").
You'll even find that they are approximately spaced the same. However i'd avoid to drag lines as a fibo, i prefer using this information as a way to help me seeing lines that i'm eventually not seeing.

[here lines are drawn on the chart "before" the red vertical line]

a.png
a.png (47.12 KiB) Viewed 3160 times
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Mr. D

Postby Mr. D » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:00 am

Dear Mira,

Because this is all new to me. Can I reiterate what I see? Thank you for taking time to respond.

1) Dragon lines are lines at etremes drawn where candles change colors or closest Open/Close to an extreme, right?

2) What are the CCs?

You have been extremely helpful with the z-lines! Look forward to more learning.

Best Regards,

Mira wrote:

Thanks in advance,

aliassmith wrote:

Thank you aliassmith!
That is the way i took that trade, however on the 'exit' line price made a bullish bounce, green momos on the left and a breakout.. so i was confused about the next price movement, in the end it went up. I learned something so simple that i wasn't considering: some targets are reversals too #-o :D

Mr. D

that it's what i was saying with "lines at zlines, CC or 50% of momentum" on a H4+ chart, those lines are from D1 and adapted to H1.
I decided to re-study them on the last Thursday but they are already working good for me :shock:

If i drop to H1 i adjust the lines to what i see on this time frame, you'll notice that there is confluence around those lines (in fact they are really more "zones" than "lines").
You'll even find that they are approximately spaced the same. However i'd avoid to drag lines as a fibo, i prefer using this information as a way to help me seeing lines that i'm eventually not seeing.

a.png

Mira

Postby Mira » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:24 pm

Mr. D wrote:Dear Mira,

Because this is all new to me. Can I reiterate what I see? Thank you for taking time to respond.

1) Dragon lines are lines at etremes drawn where candles change colors or closest Open/Close to an extreme, right?

2) What are the CCs?

You have been extremely helpful with the z-lines! Look forward to more learning.

Best Regards,

Mira wrote:

Thanks in advance,

Thank you aliassmith!

Mr. D

a.png

Yes, and
CC = Color Change, the same concept of the dragon line.

Can you see how they work as support/resistance?

Mr. D

Postby Mr. D » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:40 pm

Thanks for responding! When noticing how they serve as S&R, I get so interested that wish there was a simple guide how to use the. So, every time there is a color change at an extreme, it's a CC or dragon line?

Mira wrote:

2) What are the CCs?

Best Regards,

Mira wrote:
Thank you aliassmith!

Mr. D

a.png

Yes, and

Mira

Postby Mira » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:19 pm

Mr. D wrote:Thanks for responding! When noticing how they serve as S&R, I get so interested that wish there was a simple guide how to use the. So, every time there is a color change at an extreme, it's a CC or dragon line?

Mira wrote:

2) What are the CCs?

Best Regards,

Yes, and

They're the same thing.

How do you trade them is all up to you.
If you consider a line as a zone then you can use it like a place where price likes to stop a little and then run with momentum up or down.

At the moment i'm using lines as a bias, as a zline: above = up, below = down.
Obviously you don't trade THE LINE but something around that line, confirmed by the bias (above or below).

Mr. D a.png
Mr. D a.png (33.67 KiB) Viewed 3093 times

Mr. D b.png
Mr. D b.png (62.36 KiB) Viewed 3093 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:24 pm

Brought my account back to +4%.

ALWAYS FOLLOW THE TRADING PLAN :mrgreen:

Mr. D

Postby Mr. D » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:29 am

Thanks, Mira. That makes sense.

A follow-up question. What do you do when there are too many lines? How do you "retire" them?

Mira wrote:
Mr. D wrote:Thanks for responding! When noticing how they serve as S&R, I get so interested that wish there was a simple guide how to use the. So, every time there is a color change at an extreme, it's a CC or dragon line?

Mira wrote:
Yes, and

They're the same thing.

How do you trade them is all up to you.
If you consider a line as a zone then you can use it like a place where price likes to stop a little and then run with momentum up or down.

At the moment i'm using lines as a bias, as a zline: above = up, below = down.
Obviously you don't trade THE LINE but something around that line, confirmed by the bias (above or below).

Mr. D a.png

Mr. D b.png

Return to “TheRumpledOne”