Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:26 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
xmess7 wrote:Kewl, I'll wait for it!

Mr TRO, I am starting to get to the point where all I do is draw fibs on the H1 range and do entries on the lower time frames. I am starting to SEE with more clarity price direction. Now if I had some stats... boy that would be awesome... the EDGE, the EDGE!!

Keep up the great work, Mr TRO.

Please post a chart and show others what you do.

Thanks.

Will do boss. I have already posted a couple on baby pips. I will post videos, got CAMSTUDIO ready so I can walk folks thru what I do.

Coming soon...

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:57 am

Guys here's something to aide you in practice:

http://bluestar-graphics.com/LFH_Tradin ... ator_3.zip

I modified the scripts so folks can place trades manually will running this EA in the strategy tester. I don't have the source for the LH_TRADE_SIMULATOR. But if anyone wants the codes for the Buy and Sell scripts let me know.

Read the readme.txt for how to install the EA and scripts.

With this stuff just go into the strategy tester and select the EA, then you set the speed at which you want the candles to appear. Use the scripts to place SELL and BUY entries. You can indicate stoploss and takeprofit. If anyone wants PENDING orders let me know and I'll provide them as well.

Make sure you use a black background. That way you can see the text that shows the PIP/amount status.

Hope it helps for practice purposes.

ewokuk

Postby ewokuk » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:18 am

I dont know what im doign anymore. several times i think ive got somewhere only to end up with one loss after another again.

at one point a month ago during a week I had 36 winners and 9 losers for +246 pips for the week. i was seemingly consistent for the whole week. suddenly now i cant even break even, and i dont know what im doing different, other than i was not using a stop then, and im using a 17-20 pip stop now. problem is not using a stop got me wiped out back then (and has a few times) so i refuse to not use one now, its automatically there on my default trade settings now at 15 pips plus spread (andim about to change it to 10 pips plus spread to reduce my losses). part of the reason for that success was having no stop, it often went against me first then came back but thats how you lose it all on the one trade that doesnt come back.

im going to try the zz semafor next week and see if that helps, i dont know how it works but it looks like its amazingly good at picking tops and bottoms, whether thats because it redraws or whether it just is that good i dont know as i dont know how it calculates.

ive been using dyn sr rr but im obviously not using it quite right, probably trading too much in between the dots instead of near the dots.

sundog

Postby sundog » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:48 am

xmess, thanks for the simulator, im working it now, trying to get my eye in.

ewokuk, im probably the last person that should say anything, but here goes anyway...

TRO says that price is price, regardless of the time frame, however I look at the overall charts for day, 4hr, 1 hr and so on. Then I trade with the 1 hr candle. I also do not use a stop (yes I know the implications) and this week I've had 2 go against me, which i've hedged out for a small profit.

However if you look at the larger time frame to see what the days direction is, even if a trade goes against you, but you're trading in the direction of the overall day, you stand a better chance of the trade coming back to you.

Are you "over" trading? too much to soon? Me personally im aiming for 25 pips a day, 4 days a week, i've been trading for 2 live weeks now, and have been able to achieve that. Once I have my pips. I pack it up and forget about it for the rest of the day.

Good luck.

ewokuk

Postby ewokuk » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:54 pm

i will not under any circumstances trade without a pretty tight stop again. trading without a stop means when one screws you over and you end up -50 pips or more and sit there sweating it out trying to trade your way out of it, praying it doesnt keep going and going and wipe you out completely, which eventually one WILL. if i trade with a 15 pip stop, instead of sweating it out for hours hoping a bad trade comes back my way, i can get stopped out for 15 and start looking for the next trade, no waiting, no stress, and no potential for complete wipeout.

If i can learn to pick the right trades, they shouldnt go against me except on rare occasions which the stop will take care of. my one and only problem at the moment is identifying these trades at the right time. at the moment i see a big mess of bars that seems to tell me nothing, then after a while it becomes obvious that there was a nice up or down trend i could have got on, but at the time couldnt see it or thought it was risky.

being greedy trying to go for too many pips is again not a problem as i monitor the trade and move up my stop once i get to 5 pips of profit then adjust it up accordingly from there if it continues (actually i move the stop to break even most of the time as soon as im 2 pips in profit). The ONLY problem i have is identifying the good trades in the first place. it seems like it should be pretty simple to grab 5 pips at a time but i just struggled the entire day yesterday.

dragon33

Re: ewokuk

Postby dragon33 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:02 pm

Al Mo wrote:
ewokuk wrote:i give up. i dont know what im looking for anymore and ive lost all confidence in being able to pick any trade so end up opening them all over the place.

I am probably the last person to suggest anything, but I think this might help

The first thing you need to do is be able to identify where the midpoint is on the 1H bar. Do that for a few hours - if your impatient you can try this on the shorter time frames. The important thing to remember here is - this is where ultimately price wants to return to. This is ESPECIALLY important where the 1 H is concerned. Look at all of the 1H charts TRO has recently posted...look where the two dots are he has (yellow for current midpoint, brown for previous bar's midpoint). Note how the current bar comes back to the previous midpoint.

Once you see this for yourself, you already see a statistical advantage as you have a higher change of price returning to this mark.

The next step is money management - when you trade, make them small (i.e .10 of a lot), price comes back and you take your profit. If it goes against you, you just add another .10 once the lower time frames start coming back to the midpoint of the 1H.

Don't forget - you can trade this via the trading simulator (ala vHands and vTerminal) for MT4. If you don't have either of them, head over to ForexFactory and do a search for vHands - Blue Ruby posted these in a thread specific for vHands.

Attaching a chart for the Euro - note that Orange is previous bar, and blue is current for the midpoints.

Hipperdepip

LOL

This is the same chart posted on babypips in the beginning of that thread. It is exactly the same i saw and where i got very very interested. I started immediately with demotrading. You all know what happened after that with me.

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:59 pm

ewokuk wrote:i will not under any circumstances trade without a pretty tight stop again. trading without a stop means when one screws you over and you end up -50 pips or more and sit there sweating it out trying to trade your way out of it, praying it doesnt keep going and going and wipe you out completely.....

Ewkuk. Let me suggest a couple of things:

If you plan on using the semafor us it in conjunction with something esle like a stoch oor even the TRO SS RR. I like to use it in conjunction with the shi_channel (http://tradingmethod01-fxinside.blogspot.com/)

All the shi_channel is basically when price hits one of it's boarders it will tend to bounce back to the center of the channel. There is more to it but keep it simple for now. Check the webpage out.

Dude this is what I do. When I see a potential entry I place a .01 lot entry ($0.10/pip). Then I wait and see if that entry reached say 20 -25pips and I look at all the stuff I have on the chart to confirm that it all says price is going that direction. If all matches up I then place the regular entry.
You see, before u enter the regular trade, if the small entry gets screwed over the loss is very minimal. -100 pip loss is around $10.00 loss. In addition if you see the little entry go the opposite what say -30pips (around -$3.00) and u see all the makings of a possible price movement in that direction then take the trade that way instead. Try it out, I am pretty sure you won't be sweating it that much anymore.

Hope it helps.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:41 pm

GAME OVER - TRADING WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!

This is TOO SIMPLE.

Use H1 chart.

All you have to do is count the number of consecutive bar colors.

That's it.

Once the count gets to 3, you can scalp trade the reversal when the color changes.

The statistics are in your favor.

The higher the count the bigger the reversal.

Forget about everything else and I mean EVERYTHING ELSE - you don't need any indicators at all - none, zip, nada.

TIME TO DRAIN THE BANKS.

GAME OVER!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:49 pm

Just start at the left most bar and count.

Once you get to 3, see how many times you could have scalped for 10 pips or more.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:53 pm

9 Reds in a row!!

See the nice reversal on bar 10?

Then 5 Greens in a row.

See the reversal on the 6th bar?

I will call this the BUZZARD STRATEGY.

Just like a buzzard, we are waiting for the streak to die.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”