$80000 in prizes: Automated Trading Championship 2006

Moderator: moderators

michal.kreslik

$80000 in prizes: Automated Trading Championship 2006

Postby michal.kreslik » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:46 pm

Hello, friends,

MetaQuotes (the producer of MetaTrader4) announnced its Automated Trading Championship 2006. There won't be traders competing, but rather the strategies themselves - they will run automagically on the MetaQuotes server from October 1st to December 25th.

The total amount of prizes is equal to USD 80,000. Registration is possible from the 1st of August until the 25th of September.

The natural prerequisite is that you have your strategy written/converted to MetaTrader4's "Expert Advisor" (as they call the strategy) and willing to send the strategy over to MetaQuotes. I guess it's possible to send them the encrypted "Expert Advisor" code so that no staff guy should be able to disassemble it.

Anyway, the commonplace SW writing geek is able to disassemble almost anything (I know first hand :) ) Even without disassembling, it's comfortable to have several more working strategies in your shelf. I don't know how MetaQuotes secures that no one would disassemble/use your code during/after the competition.

Michal

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

gregklipstein

Re: $80000 in prizes: Automated Trading Championship 2006

Postby gregklipstein » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:31 pm

michal.kreslik wrote:Hello, friends,

MetaQuotes (the producer of MetaTrader4) announnced its Automated Trading Championship 2006. There won't be traders competing, but rather the strategies themselves - they will run automagically on the MetaQuotes server from October 1st to December 25th.

The total amount of prizes is equal to USD 80,000. Registration is possible from the 1st of August until the 25th of September.

The natural prerequisite is that you have your strategy written/converted to MetaTrader4's "Expert Advisor" (as they call the strategy) and willing to send the strategy over to MetaQuotes. I guess it's possible to send them the encrypted "Expert Advisor" code so that no staff guy should be able to disassemble it.

Anyway, the commonplace SW writing geek is able to disassemble almost anything (I know first hand :) ) Even without disassembling, it's comfortable to have several more working strategies in your shelf. I don't know how MetaQuotes secures that no one would disassemble/use your code during/after the competition.

Michal

Very interesting...an auto-trading contest....

Michal and others...since I am a basic and simple beginning trader with risk $ in futures and forex and equities accounts and not wanting to reinvent the wheel, and not wanting to go to programming "school," can anyone point me (and probably others) to TradeStation code that we can take advantage of for some auto-trading in any of these 3 (or other) arenas? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Greg

Lenar

Re: $80000 in prizes: Automated Trading Championship 2006

Postby Lenar » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:46 am

michal.kreslik wrote:Hello, friends,

Michal

Hi Michal,

Protection is:
1. you should send only EX4 files (compiled).
2. we garantee that we will have only one copy of your Expert
3. we garantee that only allowed people in our company will have acces to your expert (only 3-4 man)
4. we garantee that we will not use your expert
5. we garantee that we will not give it to anyone
6. we garantee that we will delete it immediatelly after championship is ended (25th december)

Hope it clears some of your question guys.
Best Regards, Lenar Fatkhullin
MetaQuotes Software Corp.
http://www.metaquotes.net

Lenar

Postby Lenar » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:48 am

BTW, 80 000 is a total prizes amount. First place will get 40 000.
So dont think that we will give to first winner something like 3 000:)
80 thousands will be shared between only three first places.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:14 am

Great, thanks Lenar for clarifying that - I am sure everyone would ask those questions.

The winner is the trader with the highest net gain or the one with the most linear equity curve? "Jagged" equity is not a sign of a professional trader.

Michal

Lenar

Postby Lenar » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:14 pm

michal.kreslik wrote:Great, thanks Lenar for clarifying that - I am sure everyone would ask those questions.

The winner is the trader with the highest net gain or the one with the most linear equity curve? "Jagged" equity is not a sign of a professional trader.

Michal

Hi Michal,

The only criteria is the total profit. If your expert will be most profitable, you will get 40k.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:52 pm

Seems like I'll have a look at MetaQuotes Language at last :))

fatdog1

Postby fatdog1 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:49 pm

Lenar wrote:
michal.kreslik wrote:Great, thanks Lenar for clarifying that - I am sure everyone would ask those questions.

Michal

Hi Michal,

The only criteria is the total profit. If your expert will be most profitable, you will get 40k.

Lenar,

Do you have people who can code in your language available for hire?

Thanks,
FD1

Lenar

Postby Lenar » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:17 pm

fatdog1 wrote:
Lenar,

Do you have people who can code in your language available for hire?

Thanks,
FD1

No:) But im sure that you will be able to find such men here. Ask Michal, he`ll help you.

Lenar

Postby Lenar » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:18 pm

michal.kreslik wrote:Seems like I'll have a look at MetaQuotes Language at last :))

You had to do it long ago:))

Return to “MetaTrader”