free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Leoheart

Re: Re:

Postby Leoheart » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:51 pm

MightyOne wrote:
Leoheart wrote:
nat wrote:
I need to do the keto thing also. or just give up soda. mountain dew is my water right now. I get a little squishier in the stomach area every few weeks #-o

I got one for ya, sleep more. Never enough :).

You can sleep when you're dead ;)

I felt like one of the zombies from 'walking dead' today :lol: Yea so I guess I'm in limbo.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:48 am

Pjort wrote:MO,Good luck with the french, I have heard its all about pronasation,,,!!?

Ps sorry for my poor englush,,,

My father moved to the United States when he was 12 but the rest of the Canadian born family speaks Québécois French.

I don't know if it is a good idea but I am going to learn French before picking up Québécois.

LeMercenaire

Re:

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:50 am

MightyOne wrote:Anyone think of their new year's resolutions?

1. Return to a Keto diet
2. stop adding creme and espresso shots to my coffee (I am noticeably more agitated all of the time) :lol:
3. speak French très bien by the end of the year.

Keto is defo the way to go. Think of it as a lifestyle, rather than a diet. As sport-climbers we used to eat Keto before we realised it was Keto :lol:

aliassmith

Re: Re:

Postby aliassmith » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:08 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
MightyOne wrote:Anyone think of their new year's resolutions?

1. Return to a Keto diet
2. stop adding creme and espresso shots to my coffee (I am noticeably more agitated all of the time) :lol:
3. speak French très bien by the end of the year.

Keto is defo the way to go. Think of it as a lifestyle, rather than a diet. As sport-climbers we used to eat Keto before we realised it was Keto :lol:

I need some of that....I'll wait until after the holidays tho
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

co2t

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby co2t » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:56 am

hello everyone, last time i followed this thread is back when the Idea is trade from the 2day+ extreme, enter, double, double, double, hit target %
a lot has change it seems, MO can you give me a link to current idea where i can start?
is the idea still position , lot size, body direction of profit, wick direction of loss, price can't rise on wicks neither can it fall without closing lower?
thanks and sorry for bad English

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:35 pm

co2t wrote:...
a lot has change it seems, MO can you give me a link to current idea where i can start?

It is very different to how you remember it.

The most important part is understanding how to use a risk-box:

A 'risk-box' is the total amount of money that is set aside to reach a profit target & it is divided into 8 parts called 'lines': if your total risk is $80 then each line is $10 no matter how wide that line is.

The width of a line is a multiple of 0.4(HATR) and each line size is assigned a time-frame to make it easier to visualize when and how they are used.

If you see bars spread out over 4 lines, as you do in the attached picture, then you cannot use that line size: if you are in a trade and bars spread out over 4 lines then you can simply reduce your size by 50% and place one of the lines on your last transaction price.

It is vitally important that you can see your money on a chart because you are always thinking about what you have and how best to utilize it.

The default risk level is 2 lines but there are a number of more aggressive entry strategies that we'll get to later.

Lines are recorded to 3 decimal places so if you make $47.53 and your line value is $12 then you've made 3.960 lines (that will come to $47.52 and that's ok).
A risk-box can only contain 8 lines so the 3.960 lines of profit must be spread across those 8 lines: $12(11.960/8) = 8 lines of $17.94 or 8(17.94/17) = 8.442 lines of $17.
It is common practice to restore 1 line after losing a trade:
8.442 lines of $17, you lose $30 or 1.765 lines, 8.442 - 1.765 = 6.677, $17(6.677/7.677) = 7.677 lines of $14.78 or 8.107 lines of $14.

As the lines of your risk-box dwindle you can reduce the size of your risk-box to promote growth so instead of 8.107 lines of $14 you could have
$14(8.107/7) or 7.093 lines of $16 with additional lines increasing your size by 8/7

If your eyes have glazed over then now is the time to go trade HOLO or whatever else; without mastery over the risk-box you can't make use of anything that I show you.

The_Basics.png
    The_Basics.png (93.37 KiB) Viewed 4420 times

elkin.fernandez

Postby elkin.fernandez » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:35 pm

MO when you say "spread out over 4 lines". WHat do you mean?.

Range of a determined number od candles?

I can´t get it. :(
My long term bag: Bitcoin, ZCash and Chainlink 8)

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:02 am

elkin.fernandez wrote:MO when you say "spread out over 4 lines". WHat do you mean?.

Range of a determined number od candles?

I can´t get it. :(

The bars are 4 lines wide from end to end...
I guess I could have said 'sprawled out over 4 lines'

co2t

Postby co2t » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:52 am

Thanks for your reply MO,

so it's pretty similiar to space box, but instead of 1 giant box, we divided it into 8 lines, also the width/size of the box differ depending on timeframe ATR but the total risk is the same, hence the position size also difference to what timeframe risk box we're using

everytime we gain/lose it distribute to the 8 lines

MightyOne wrote:...
If you see bars spread out over 4 lines, as you do in the attached picture, then you cannot use that line size: if you are in a trade and bars spread out over 4 lines then you can simply reduce your size by 50% and place one of the lines on your last transaction price.

It is vitally important that you can see your money on a chart because you are always thinking about what you have and how best to utilize it.

is it because we only use 2 line of risk per trade?

can you explain more of this, when and how the lines are used?

also what indicator are you using for this ?
Thanks

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:41 pm

co2t wrote:
is it because we only use 2 line of risk per trade?

can you explain more of this, when and how the lines are used?

also what indicator are you using for this ?
Thanks

Yes, if bars are sprawled out over 4 lines then it is more likely that your 2 line stop, at that width, is no good.

The only required indicators are:
1. fib retracement set to 0, 1 through 11, and -1 through -11: these are your lines.
2. Average True Range: your line width is a multiple of some number that is based on this.
3. M30 chart: price adjustments are made using M30 closing prices.
4. 240 Chart: I look for price levels on H4+ charts and use the M30 to adjust.

Used but not required:
1. 2 SMAC: a simplified picture of the chart
2. 40 SMA: when combined with the 2 SMA it signals 1 to 3 bars ahead of an AO cross.
(I use a naked 40 SMA on the 240 chart)
3. MN chart: you would be surprised at how useful the monthly chart can be in the short-term:
3a If the candle is green then it is likely to stay green and if it stays green then the range must expand to at lease some minimum.
3b If the candle is green and tall and the M30 signals short then the MN is unlikely to change color so how far do you think the body will shrink?
3c if the candle is green and small and the M30 signals short then where do you think the MN might head after a color change?

As soon as your eyes search further than 32 bars you should look up at your 240 chart and if your eyes search further that 32 bars on the 240 then you should change it to a daily chart and so on.

audjpy30_TV.png
audjpy30_TV.png (90.16 KiB) Viewed 4339 times
audjpy240_TV.png
audjpy240_TV.png (20.19 KiB) Viewed 4339 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”