free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Journey of the ES - Wannalearn12

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:39 am

naskorb wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
naskorb wrote:

Yeah, I have progressively become more and more keen on the S+D Zones. I now use them on all of the methods in my stable.

How do you prefer to use 'the zones' on 1-2-3 and HoLo setups. Are you waiting the current daily HH or LL to enter the zone or be near it . Do you exclude setups with large SL, or prefer to take them but with smaller lot size, if they qualify :oops: .

Sorry, been on enforced layoff due to GF being on holiday and my having to do GF ''stuff'' (which I don't really appreciate doing - I'm not a very good boyfriend...more the type that mothers warn their daughters about, lol).

Anyway, I first check the zones on the higher tf - though not that high, I suppose, the H1. All of my methods look at PA on the H1 to trigger entries.

I may then check up on the H4, Daily to see how the Wick-Zones overlay on this.

Once price on the H1 is approaching the zone in question, I'll drop down to see how the micro-zones are setting up (if at all).

How I go from here will depend on which method I'm running. If it's 1-2-3 (and I'm talking TooSlow's 1-2-3, not the 1-2-3 pattern method featured on here), then I will wait for those entry criteria to be fulfilled, no matter what any S+D Zones are doing. The zones are add-on info.

If it is HOLO, then I will wait till price enters the HOLO area as required by the method but will not necessarily wait for a candle to open in the area as TooSlow's variant asks for. Instead, I will use a ''dipped'' entry and go in so long as price has entered the Area-of-Interest and come back out over the entry level.

You have to bear in mind that my overview of all of this is coloured by Wick-Zone. I layer multiple methods with the same base DNA to create one smooth method. One leads into the other into the other.

I don't adjust lot size, I will look for set-ups that give me as many of my boxes ticked as possible and this gives me a lot of weight behind entry confidence.

Huge stops don't come into it, as none of these methods will give set-ups with huge stops.

I don't let trades run against me - I will counter-trade to lock in any negative figure and wait for the next trigger to clear that negative. Even if I didn't counter, I'd rather close and re-enter, than sit on my hands on the off-chance that a move will eventually turn back in my direction.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:51 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
naskorb wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

Yeah, I have progressively become more and more keen on the S+D Zones. I now use them on all of the methods in my stable.

How do you prefer to use 'the zones' on 1-2-3 and HoLo setups. Are you waiting the current daily HH or LL to enter the zone or be near it . Do you exclude setups with large SL, or prefer to take them but with smaller lot size, if they qualify :oops: .

Sorry, been on enforced layoff due to GF being on holiday and my having to do GF ''stuff'' (which I don't really appreciate doing - I'm not a very good boyfriend...more the type that mothers warn their daughters about, lol).

Anyway, I first check the zones on the higher tf - though not that high, I suppose, the H1. All of my methods look at PA on the H1 to trigger entries.

Once price on the H1 is approaching the zone in question, I'll drop down to see how the micro-zones are setting up (if at all).

How I go from here will depend on which method I'm running. If it's 1-2-3 (and I'm talking TooSlow's 1-2-3, not the 1-2-3 pattern method featured on here), then I will wait for those entry criteria to be fulfilled, no matter what any S+D Zones are doing. The zones are add-on info.

If it is HOLO, then I will wait till price enters the HOLO area as required by the method but will not necessarily wait for a candle to open in the area as TooSlow's variant asks for. Instead, I will use a ''dipped'' entry and go in so long as price has entered the Area-of-Interest and come back out over the entry level.

You have to bear in mind that my overview of all of this is coloured by Wick-Zone. I layer multiple methods with the same base DNA to create one smooth method. One leads into the other into the other.

I don't adjust lot size, I will look for set-ups that give me as many of my boxes ticked as possible and this gives me a lot of weight behind entry confidence.

Huge stops don't come into it, as none of these methods will give set-ups with huge stops.

I don't let trades run against me - I will counter-trade to lock in any negative figure and wait for the next trigger to clear that negative. Even if I didn't counter, I'd rather close and re-enter, than sit on my hands on the off-chance that a move will eventually turn back in my direction.

Hi, can please explain the last paragraph using a chart? I think I understand to some degree.

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:50 am

LeMercenaire wrote:Sorry, been on enforced layoff due to GF being on holiday and my having to do GF ''stuff'' (which I don't really appreciate doing - I'm not a very good boyfriend...more the type that mothers warn their daughters about, lol).

:lol:

GFs are Anti-Trading.
They look at you when you are at the screen like: [-(
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:59 pm

Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:Sorry, been on enforced layoff due to GF being on holiday and my having to do GF ''stuff'' (which I don't really appreciate doing - I'm not a very good boyfriend...more the type that mothers warn their daughters about, lol).

GFs are Anti-Trading.

Mira, I wonder if your GF will exhibit the same behavior when you start bringing home boats upload of cash. In society, people are generally valued on how much income they can produce. Numbers appearing & sometimes disappearing from a piece of paper, increase/decrease a person worth?

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:41 pm

Leoheart wrote:
Mira wrote:

GFs are Anti-Trading.

Mira, I wonder if your GF will exhibit the same behavior when you start bringing home boats upload of cash. In society, people are generally valued on how much income they can produce. Numbers appearing & sometimes disappearing from a piece of paper, increase/decrease a person worth?

Oh mine isn't anti-trading as such, only in the sense that it is something that doesn't involve us doing stuff together (and not even in that fun way :D ).

I give you...shopping for Christmas presents...painting walls...visiting family...on-and-on-and-on it goes... :P

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:00 pm

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
naskorb wrote:

Hi, can please explain the last paragraph using a chart? I think I understand to some degree.

I'll try it without a chart first, as it's actually quite difficult to mark up on a chart without taking multiple screenshots of a trade developing.

Anyway, for ''counter'' read ''hedge'' or ''nedge'' if you prefer. Now, I'm going to simplify this, so I know there are subtleties in the execution that you will doubtless bring up but humour me.

Taking a Wick-Zone trade for instance. Short into the body. The trade goes a distance short but not enough to give me the full percents I'm looking for. Instead, it reverses back. Depending on how big the wick is, I will then enter a long trade at either the original entry level or at a predetermined level up into the wick. That gives me a ''floating loss''.

If price goes on to break the Wick Zone long, that's a new trigger, so I will enter long at that point and begin to unwind the hedge.

Now, before then, I will also have dropped down to the m5 and often m1 charts and scalped like a man-possessed between the micro-S+D Zones down there to add positive percents into the bank to eat away at that original floating loss, never letting those trades go negative at all (spread withstanding). As such, doing this may already have covered the floater before any second main trigger.

I adapt this basic technique in a couple of subtle ways depending on which method I am running at the time. On an AU H4 break morning trade for instance, I have rock-solid stats that prove a certain thing is likely to happen and so I can adjust my trade-management in a slightly different way to that used for HOLO for instance, or my DAX-Monster scalp and Dead Zone. However the base principle remains the same. Hold a loss in-limbo until it can be unwound with a later trigger.

I also appreciate that this technique isn't easily available to US-based traders without the use of a second broker (or a - cough-cough - overseas account).

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:30 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:

Now, before then, I will also have dropped down to the m5 and often m1 charts and scalped like a man-possessed between the micro-S+D Zones down there to add positive percents into the bank to eat away at that original floating loss, never letting those trades go negative at all (spread withstanding). As such, doing this may already have covered the floater before any second main trigger.

This is why it works, you can do it!
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:59 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:

I'll try it without a chart first, as it's actually quite difficult to mark up on a chart without taking multiple screenshots of a trade developing.

Anyway, for ''counter'' read ''hedge'' or ''nedge'' if you prefer. Now, I'm going to simplify this, so I know there are subtleties in the execution that you will doubtless bring up but humour me.

Taking a Wick-Zone trade for instance. Short into the body. The trade goes a distance short but not enough to give me the full percents I'm looking for. Instead, it reverses back. Depending on how big the wick is, I will then enter a long trade at either the original entry level or at a predetermined level up into the wick. That gives me a ''floating loss''.

If price goes on to break the Wick Zone long, that's a new trigger, so I will enter long at that point and begin to unwind the hedge.

I adapt this basic technique in a couple of subtle ways depending on which method I am running at the time. On an AU H4 break morning trade for instance, I have rock-solid stats that prove a certain thing is likely to happen and so I can adjust my trade-management in a slightly different way to that used for HOLO for instance, or my DAX-Monster scalp and Dead Zone. However the base principle remains the same. Hold a loss in-limbo until it can be unwound with a later trigger.

I also appreciate that this technique isn't easily available to US-based traders without the use of a second broker (or a - cough-cough - overseas account).

Thank you for sharing.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:26 pm

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:

Thank you for sharing.

Not worries at all - we're all on this journey together.

naskorb

Postby naskorb » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:53 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

This "counter trading" is the big black hole in my mind since I started following Billytt's thread of FF. #-o

Taking your example above, when you enter the first long you are fixing the bad trade in limbo. In fact it is a loss but still not paid to the broker as I'm understanding it. Isn't it the same as to have a SL at this point and after that to take the next trigger OR at the next trigger you are taking one new long and closing the short from the limbo. So at the second trigger now you are running two longs and have one loss from the short in your account. Then you are waiting for extra profit to compensate for the loss and more. :roll:

....and about the GSs, they can understand you when they see a lot of the money in their bag :D

Return to “TheRumpledOne”