Moderator: moderators

Leoheart

Re: Rise of the Silent Ones

Postby Leoheart » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:04 pm

Side Note: From today, attached.
Attachments
eur_feast.png
eur_feast.png (119.84 KiB) Viewed 3498 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Leoheart wrote:Side Note: From today, attached.

Hmm weird, looks kind of blurry.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:37 pm

To self: Trading is 95% waiting. Master the art of harming up your hands and you'll be a master :lol:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:53 pm

The problem is that nobody understands 'momo' so I had to rework it: momo, body in the direction of profit, wick in the direction of loss, zero lines, the money management, ... everything, into something digestible and that something is the simplicity of just looking at it as 'patterns & breakouts' and managing segments of a total risk.

dchappy's 2 SMA line charts are great because if the candle chart confuses you then then simplicity of a line chart will usually refocus your vision.
Another useful tool is the AO/MACD because if it crosses down and you highly suspect that price is going up then that is often a great time to look for a long trade: I use the 40 SMA as it works best with the 2 SMA (often beating the AO to the punch by 1 to 3 bars).

Candle color: after a push in one direction or the other, green candles are likely to stay green and red candles red.

You could say that the pursuit is not of technical analysis but of harmonic thought processes: we are all looking at the same chart so each description of price action is somehow related to the way that you see things.

for_you.png
for_you.png (76.47 KiB) Viewed 3493 times

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:06 pm

MightyOne wrote:

The problem is that nobody understands 'momo' so I had to rework it: momo, body in the direction of profit, wick in the direction of loss, zero lines, the money management, ... everything, into something digestible and that something is the simplicity of just looking at it as 'patterns & breakouts' and managing segments of a total risk.

dchappy's 2 SMA line charts are great because if the candle chart confuses you then then simplicity of a line chart will usually refocus your vision.
Another useful tool is the AO/MACD because if it crosses down and you highly suspect that price is going up then that is often a great time to look for a long trade: I use the 40 SMA as it works best with the 2 SMA (often beating the AO to the punch by 1 to 3 bars).

Candle color: after a push in one direction or the other, green candles are likely to stay green and red candles red.

You could say that the pursuit is not of technical analysis but of harmonic thought processes: we are all looking at the same chart so each description of price action is somehow related to the way that you see things.

for_you.png

Thanks Mo.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:11 pm

Mo I read your previous post in haste, something htold me go back and check. Yea it's total true that this not momo. This trade was taken as "trade what you see" I was trying to point out that it isn't on my chart to anyone that would consider it to be. Thanks for clarifying further.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:25 pm

MightyOne wrote:

for_you.png

TRO002.png
TRO002.png (42.98 KiB) Viewed 3466 times

Bars in a row... oldie but goodie.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:27 pm

TRO003.png
TRO003.png (37.36 KiB) Viewed 3465 times

1,000 M5 bars
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:38 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
Bars in a row... oldie but goodie.

First you see the simplicity, then the complexity, and finally the simplicity in the complexity:

education is like a tree and we are cats: we run up the tree only to say "I see more, but how does this get me more mice?" :lol:

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:02 am

MightyOne wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:

education is like a tree and we are cats: we run up the tree only to say "I see more, but how does this get me more mice?" :lol:

I found this interesting. Was going to reply with a one liner, but refrained myself from doing so. I was so wrapped around my thoughts - ended up arguing with my wife over dinner for not paying attention to her :roll:

My view:

Simple answer is maybe all depends.

There are 3 layers in play here. 2 of them are surface layers that everyone can feel and experience. The 3rd is way deeper, and will go against the believe system of most people.

Layer 1: Technical studies. No sweat, at the stage you can climb redwoods but there is enough evidence on this site and from our personal experience that prove most traders are net losers. Most of these traders are walking/talking encyclopedias when it comes to market. Once you learn to ride a bike or even master the art of free style trickery. What else is there? Repairing bikes? Ok then what? Its refinements of foundation , no new information is required.

Layer 2: Psychological: Most new or intermediate traders either have no clue about this layer or completely ignore it, focusing solely on layer1. Layer2 studies can greatly decrease the amount of effort required at layer1. After much effort (depend on how much mental baggage you have to beginning with) limiting beliefs may be set aside & our sub conscious may guide us to our chart/methodology. Layer2 studies never stop, unless you don't believe in such a thing :D

Layer 3: Now this is a really "kicker" . I thought really hard before even discussing this topic, as stated earlier most will either totally disregard without a thought or lash back to protect their believe systems. At this layer spirituality and concept of predestination live within. Monetarily speaking, We have no control over any outcome . We earn what what was destined for us. If we lose, all good no harm Thank God. Earn a million thank the provider and move on. It is a state of loving unconditionally. I think this is the only layer that really exists and other two are superficial. Meaning your monetary gains or lose are out of your control. Effort is duly noted by God (by your studies), but its not up to you how much you make or lose. Lets go over an example:

We'll use a mechanical trading system as most can relate to this and it'll drive the point home. Say you have a squiggly line cross system :lol: that has a 80% hit rate. Year in and out same stats. You train your buddy to trade the system just as you are trading no different. You guys go on your own and your hit stays the same,but your buddy keeps destroying his accounts using the same mechanical system. It just doesn't make any sense. Also, why are well seasoned traders that have decades of experience under their belt built up there a accounts, and destroy them in the matter of days or weeks? Why weren't accounts destroyed years go and accounts gained. If you are doing the same thing day in day out seasoned veteran with much experience there is no reason why you would destroy your account all of the sudden by your own actions. Does the market chance that much for us were we can't read it anymore? No. We get shocked, and have no clue of what just happened us. If you live in layer3, you accept you have no control and just carry on.

Ah man, No idea why I spent so much time thinking about your comment Mo. I was moved to respond.
Last edited by Leoheart on Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”