free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mira

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:17 pm

6792CB99-5448-4CB8-85CB-3023B379678E.png
6792CB99-5448-4CB8-85CB-3023B379678E.png (73.43 KiB) Viewed 2838 times
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mira

Postby Mira » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:29 pm

nat wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
the daily is looking for a short

what from the chart tells you its looking short? looking left on higher timeframes?

Hi Nat!

I don’t think it’s based on some trading activity on the left, instead i think that those D1&H4 closes are giving us the direction to follow on M30.

What I’m not getting is the first D1 close, from the picture posted it looks like price made another important close on that TF (the highest one).

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:21 pm

Mira wrote:
nat wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
the daily is looking for a short

what from the chart tells you its looking short? looking left on higher timeframes?

Hi Nat!

I don’t think it’s based on some trading activity on the left, instead i think that those D1&H4 closes are giving us the direction to follow on M30.

What I’m not getting is the first D1 close, from the picture posted it looks like price made another important close on that TF (the highest one).

You are worrying over nothing because whether you go D1 D1 or D1 H4 you arrive at the same answer...
I am not going to mark it D1 D1 when I am trying to explain how one zooms in on a large price level
for_Mira.png
for_Mira.png (1.03 KiB) Viewed 2809 times

Price moved into and out of a pattern on D1, then you watched the H4 break through the line and make a significant close, you then further refined your area selection on the M30...each chart is tradable with the correct position sizing.

A pattern is not a breakout and a breakout is not a pattern.

Price moves in and out of patterns

Risk lines and make lines.

Mira

Postby Mira » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:18 pm

MightyOne wrote:
Mira wrote:
nat wrote:

Hi Nat!

You are worrying over nothing because whether you go D1 D1 or D1 H4 you arrive at the same answer...
I am not going to mark it D1 D1 when I am trying to explain how one zooms in on a large price levelfor_Mira.png

Price moved into and out of a pattern on D1, then you watched the H4 break through the line and make a significant close, you then further refined your area selection on the M30...each chart is tradable with the correct position sizing.

Thank you MO!

I think I’m seeing it, and if it’s true then it’s not so different from the formation that I’m looking at since the beginning of this thread.
Somehow, lately, I’m not trading SO bad ( :lol: ) but I still need to find that harmony in myself and then to ‘project’ it on the chart.

nat

Postby nat » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:47 am

MightyOne wrote: You are worrying over nothing because whether you go D1 D1 or D1 H4 you arrive at the same answer...
I am not going to mark it D1 D1 when I am trying to explain how one zooms in on a large price levelfor_Mira.png

Hmmm so is this mainly for reversals or is there a way to do continuation type trades with this?

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:24 pm

for_you(2).png
for_you(2).png (2.49 KiB) Viewed 2702 times
for_you.png
for_you.png (41.87 KiB) Viewed 2702 times

Code: Select all

To the far left you have a wick and around the circle you have sideways PA which is the idea of a close: close close, close wick, wick close, or something similar is what you will see of a larger chart price level.

Price crosses the 40 SMA (aka 'noodle'), plummets, and then it pauses; if you draw a circle underneath the point then price will usually form a level around that area.

The 40 SMA is what guides the angle and placement of the trend line, but there is nothing wrong with drawing an additional line along the 2 SMA if you feel so inclined.

If price were 'trending' down and you thought that price would continue to fall (maybe because of an expected range expansion) then you would look for a continuation when price entered the 'chopsticks'.

dchappy looks to time his trades around the AO cross:
 if price is range-bound then you have to take it into account that the cross might simply be part of the movement of the range and not a true cross...just as you would drawn a trend line along the points of the 2 SMA to filter out minor crosses.

Notice that an angled platform appeared before price tagged the prev. price level (random walk my ...)

Anything further than 32 closed bars is given a very low weight (if anything):
 if you have nothing to look back to then that is a good sign that you should be checking your larger charts (H3+)

You see EVERYTHING that you have learned when you look at a chart: Rat/Wick/Buy-zone, flip-flips, HOLO, 1-2-3, ...everything.
 Your mind will say "hey, let's trade it this way" and then it is your job to check to make sure that you are using the appropriate position sizing, etc.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:55 pm

USDCADH4.png
USDCADH4.png (37.77 KiB) Viewed 2694 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:33 pm

MightyOne wrote:for_you(2).pngfor_you.png

Code: Select all

To the far left you have a wick and around the circle you have sideways PA which is the idea of a close: close close, close wick, wick close, or something similar is what you will see of a larger chart price level.

Price crosses the 40 SMA (aka 'noodle'), plummets, and then it pauses; if you draw a circle underneath the point then price will usually form a level around that area.

The 40 SMA is what guides the angle and placement of the trend line, but there is nothing wrong with drawing an additional line along the 2 SMA if you feel so inclined.

If price were 'trending' down and you thought that price would continue to fall (maybe because of an expected range expansion) then you would look for a continuation when price entered the 'chopsticks'.

dchappy looks to time his trades around the AO cross:
 if price is range-bound then you have to take it into account that the cross might simply be part of the movement of the range and not a true cross...just as you would drawn a trend line along the points of the 2 SMA to filter out minor crosses.

Notice that an angled platform appeared before price tagged the prev. price level (random walk my ...)

Anything further than 32 closed bars is given a very low weight (if anything):
 if you have nothing to look back to then that is a good sign that you should be checking your larger charts (H3+)

You see EVERYTHING that you have learned when you look at a chart: Rat/Wick/Buy-zone, flip-flips, HOLO, 1-2-3, ...everything.
 Your mind will say "hey, let's trade it this way" and then it is your job to check to make sure that you are using the appropriate position sizing, etc.

Very beautiful post MO.

Yes, patterns could have two different solutions but sometimes the question is simple as “is price high or low”?

Please MO could you show me the angled platform that you’re talking about on that chart?

Thanks! :D

Mira

Postby Mira » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:36 pm

MightyOne wrote:USDCADH4.png

R-A-T! :smt045

nat

Postby nat » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:56 pm

MightyOne wrote:USDCADH4.png

ahh now i see why that long looked confusing. different candle start times. i didnt think profit taking, so the close of my candle marked 1 was where i wanted another short

11717.png
11717.png (31.65 KiB) Viewed 2858 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”