A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

v8power

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby v8power » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:36 am

Phil wrote:
v8power wrote:
Phil wrote:
This is a chart to make sure i understand what your pointing at.
It shows an momentum zone and the numbers mark where i would have gotten in the trade if im correct.
#1 - initial entry short since price closed with momo below the zone.
#2 - price came back up and closed above, exit short and open new long
#3 - now price goes down again, closes below the box. exit long and open new short

i've placed the price arrows to show what the pl was. As you can see, had we doubled up on each reverse, we only needed to make
like 6.5 pips on the #3 short...

However, since you said that once you reverse you place the stoploss at the sema high/low (yellow lines) wouldnt you have taken the 2nd reverse (#3)?

ThanksGBPJPYM5 reversal.png

Hey phil what settings and or indy's did you use to get your chart to look like this. Thanks.

Hi V8,

I needed to look back which chart you meant but here it is.
I have attached the template and indicators. The indie is the one Doji modified but i modified it back so i still have the original and i can mess with this one. Same goes for the sema indie. Both are attached so loading the template, given you copy the indies in your indie folder, would result in the following chart output.

Hope this helps.

Thanks phil. I love trading like this and your template makes it even easier I think. The bars are showing close beyond extreme with with color inside the bodies right?

Already grabbed my 20 scalp pips for the day. Now just waiting for a swing trade if one comes my way.

GBPJPYM5.png
Attachments
eurjpy-m15-fx-choice-limited2.png
eurjpy-m15-fx-choice-limited2.png (35.41 KiB) Viewed 3405 times
eurjpy-h1-fx-choice-limited.png
eurjpy-h1-fx-choice-limited.png (35.91 KiB) Viewed 3405 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Phil

Postby Phil » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:55 am

v8power wrote:
Phil wrote:
v8power wrote:...

Thanks phil. I love trading like this and your template makes it even easier I think. The bars are showing close beyond extreme with with color inside the bodies right?

Already grabbed my 20 scalp pips for the day. Now just waiting for a swing trade if one comes my way.

GBPJPYM5.png

Nice trading V8,
The bars do show the momentum logic Doji teaches us. So it paints whenever say a down bar closes below the previous bar low making it down momentum. Same for longs, just the opposite closing higher than the prev bar high.

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:05 am

Phil wrote:
v8power wrote:
Phil wrote:
This is a chart to make sure i understand what your pointing at.
It shows an momentum zone and the numbers mark where i would have gotten in the trade if im correct.
#1 - initial entry short since price closed with momo below the zone.
#2 - price came back up and closed above, exit short and open new long
#3 - now price goes down again, closes below the box. exit long and open new short

i've placed the price arrows to show what the pl was. As you can see, had we doubled up on each reverse, we only needed to make
like 6.5 pips on the #3 short...

However, since you said that once you reverse you place the stoploss at the sema high/low (yellow lines) wouldnt you have taken the 2nd reverse (#3)?

ThanksGBPJPYM5 reversal.png

Hey phil what settings and or indy's did you use to get your chart to look like this. Thanks.

Hi V8,

I needed to look back which chart you meant but here it is.
I have attached the template and indicators. The indie is the one Doji modified but i modified it back so i still have the original and i can mess with this one. Same goes for the sema indie. Both are attached so loading the template, given you copy the indies in your indie folder, would result in the following chart output.

Hope this helps.

GBPJPYM5.png

So I just put the 4 in the indy folder and the 5th one goes in the expert folder? Sorry for the dumbass question but im slow and never used a template before.
Last edited by v8power on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:08 am

Phil wrote:
v8power wrote:
Phil wrote:

Nice trading V8,
The bars do show the momentum logic Doji teaches us. So it paints whenever say a down bar closes below the previous bar low making it down momentum. Same for longs, just the opposite closing higher than the prev bar high.

And that's why I love it. Makes it super easy to see. Thanks for the compliment. I really need to start studying what you guys are doing and what doji has posted. He has all cool little enhancers and stuff for it. Plus I need to figure out other things about it.

Phil

Postby Phil » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:19 am

v8power wrote:
Phil wrote:
v8power wrote:

Nice trading V8,

And that's why I love it. Makes it super easy to see. Thanks for the compliment. I really need to start studying what you guys are doing and what doji has posted. He has all cool little enhancers and stuff for it. Plus I need to figure out other things about it.

In MT4 choose menu-File-Open Data Folder
This will open up the exporer, navigate to MQL4/Indicators to place the indies
and navigate to MQL4/templates to copy the template there.

Perhaps you will need to refresh things before loading the template, give it a try.

Look at the attached chart. Marked the momo zones and later i noticed how price tends to come back to the 50% of the swings, marked with the red dotted line...

No time to trade today however..
Seems Dukascopy made some adjustments... need to alter all of my indies and strategies once more in order to use it...

20170717.1009 - GBPJPY 250 Ticks.png
20170717.1009 - GBPJPY 250 Ticks.png (13.36 KiB) Viewed 3392 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:38 am

Phil wrote:
v8power wrote:
Phil wrote:
Nice trading V8,

Perhaps you will need to refresh things before loading the template, give it a try.

Look at the attached chart. Marked the momo zones and later i noticed how price tends to come back to the 50% of the swings, marked with the red dotted line...

Seems Dukascopy made some adjustments... need to alter all of my indies and strategies once more in order to use it...

Damnit I knew it. I broke my platform. Haha. So I didn't have a template under mql4 is was on the same page as the mql4. So I just put it in that. Then I went to charts and template and just loaded it. Was that correct? It looks right except the are 3 vertical lines now. Oh and it wont let me save pics anymore :( . I suck at life. Now you see why I make my trading style so easy. Haha.

Phil

Postby Phil » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:47 am

v8power wrote:
Phil wrote:
v8power wrote:

Damnit I knew it. I broke my platform. Haha. So I didn't have a template under mql4 is was on the same page as the mql4. So I just put it in that. Then I went to charts and template and just loaded it. Was that correct? It looks right except the are 3 vertical lines now. Oh and it wont let me save pics anymore :( . I suck at life. Now you see why I make my trading style so easy. Haha.

Nah, i think you just need to restart but feel free to implement your own style. You have the bias indie, you can also download Doji's version and go from there.
But you can actually park the template anywhere on your computer and just choose 'load..' from the chart and navigate to the folder you've parked it. As long as the indies are at the right location..

Ive just taken two small trades couldnt resist those oppertunities it gave. Seems bouncing from zline to zline, so momozone to momozone...

20170717.1034 - GBPJPY 250 Ticks.png
20170717.1034 - GBPJPY 250 Ticks.png (17.17 KiB) Viewed 3388 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:54 am

v8power wrote:
Phil wrote:
v8power wrote:

Never mind working now.

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:09 am

I LOVE YOU DOJI. Six trades. All winners. Added 2 times to this GJ.
gbpjpy-m15-oanda-division1.png
gbpjpy-m15-oanda-division1.png (88.86 KiB) Viewed 3482 times

Oh for anyone that might be trading it. There is a beauty of a triangle on the 4hr EJ. Bought to trade the hell out of that.

trojoh68

Postby trojoh68 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:30 pm

My first post here. I've been unsuccessfully following this approach since it was first introduced. I am appreciative of Doji sharing his knowledge and the comments of others, but I keep getting nailed in situations like the one below. Which zone is the one on which to focus? In the midst of trading this live, I get turned around in areas like this. Any advice is appreciated.

Return to “beginners forum”