A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Phil

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby Phil » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:08 pm

dojirock wrote:
Phil wrote:I dont understand the 'Clone' thing. Perhaps i just need to forget that too and focus on the zone.
Seems like you take every setup now, what happened to the HH+HL/LL+LH?

Are you still aiming for a set pip goal per session?

Cloned boxes are a thing in the works, by observation, no worry there yet.

The LL and LH are there.... and the entry short was a retrace back to the zone.. I also have a 1500 tick chart off to the side for bias help.

the zones dont lie!

doji

good to see ya phil.

Thanks Doji,

We are surviving here. Its just plain difficult but a lot of people are going through stuff. Pressure is extreme and because of that i trade not much
when i should do so to make something. But first need to become consistent continually. Just got to keep the faith, without it nothing works. Easier said/written than done though... at least for me.

Could you post a 1500 bias tick chart in combination with your entry chart? You make it look easy, or i tend to overcomplicate.
Just like to see a bias chart and when you would exit in case it closes against you, or solely taking the bias chart as bias and not checking for closings
against you here?

Thanks,
Phil

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:27 am

1st Asian session trade
2017-07-12_2023.png
2017-07-12_2023.png (37.13 KiB) Viewed 3283 times
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:28 am

The above trade, I didnt even have time to place my trailstop...lol missed out on an additional 6 ticks.

doji

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:52 am

Trade 2 , bit of a sloppy entry... still giving though
2017-07-12_2329.png
2017-07-12_2329.png (58.47 KiB) Viewed 3262 times

doji

Mira

Postby Mira » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:03 am

dojirock wrote:Trade 2 , bit of a sloppy entry... still giving though
2017-07-12_2329.png

doji

Nice trades Doji!

It looks like you're trading opposite to the bias (last two trades), or am I wrong?

__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:17 am

All my trades consist of a possibility of two entries. Price can only go up, or down. The zones are momentum zones....
So if i come to my computer and a zone is drawn and the short has already or would have been a fail, and im at my computer, I will take the reversal and it is actually my 1st trade off that zone.
On the 2nd trade of this session I did have a small loss, and reversed. So yes it was a opposite of bias.

doji

Mira

Postby Mira » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:15 am

dojirock wrote:All my trades consist of a possibility of two entries. Price can only go up, or down. The zones are momentum zones....
So if i come to my computer and a zone is drawn and the short has already or would have been a fail, and im at my computer, I will take the reversal and it is actually my 1st trade off that zone.
On the 2nd trade of this session I did have a small loss, and reversed. So yes it was a opposite of bias.

doji

Yep I've seen it later, sorry :D
Thanks for the explanation Doji!
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

tom7ak

Postby tom7ak » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:31 pm

doji,

Would u mind reminding me (i think u did mention them before) approx figures related to ur trading eg
#typical Risk/Reward of the win trades
#where is ur main profit - scalping or big (rare) runs
#winners/losers percentage
and whatever else u find relevant
thankx
you got 2 slow it down
and then u pick it up - PF
-----------------------------------

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:16 pm

tom7ak,

Risk/reward
As a scalper i quickly cover commissions/spread and then wait. My goal for spot is 20 pips per session. Some times it takes me 1 trade to achieve it, others it takes 2 sometimes 3 trades to reach goal. Futures it has become more about $$. Right now its $500 to $1k per session. When I started futures it was $50 to $100. Risk is variable and I dont put alot of stake in it due to my sl is defined and then becomes the reversal. I started with doubling down to get my losses back on reversals only. Now i x3 or x4 on reversals. Pertaining to spot, if I have a good session I will take a "what the heck trade as long as my goal has been already reached. Usually OPM money and let it right all night with a OPM sl or break even. When they work its NIce! Futures im all tick charts at the current. Spot im 15 min only.

profit
As i move up contracts and lot sizes, its becoming more important to me about the $$ not the ticks or pips. Again, as long as I hit my goal.

Winners & Losers Percentage
I have already done my math on this and it is why I trade it. It would be more beneficial for you to take a screen size chart and using 2 or 3 semas (use tro dynamic fibs to see where they started) and see for yourself. The nay sayers always present me with garbage numbers. They like to say I cant get 20 pips on trades...or risking 20 to make 8 etc...yada yada.. I never said I get all 20 in one trade. I have always stated 20 per session( used to be 40) . I dont look at RR like that. Risking 10 to make 4 or to make 16 is the same to me. ITS A WIN. My style of trading is a very high percentage( chart it) thus I can set traditional RR aside. The other thing nay sayer dont do is take the reversals. I do. Without the reversals from the momentum zones, the stats are up to 40 percent less. They need to lose the FEAR. Again i highly encourage anyone to chart it out if they wish to trade this way. You must believe it to win at it or your emotions will jack you up.

The longer one trades the more there experiences play a roll in there subconsiousness. Almost 2nd nature. I am messing with clone boxes and tick chart trendlines but dont trade them per say yet. I will tell you this, I can already tell you trendline traders dont take breaks. The success is the bounce. Breaks have a jacked up RR and the bounce trades rectify that.

hope this helps

doji

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:12 pm

dojirock wrote:tom7ak,

Risk/reward
As a scalper i quickly cover commissions/spread and then wait. My goal for spot is 20 pips per session. Some times it takes me 1 trade to achieve it, others it takes 2 sometimes 3 trades to reach goal. Futures it has become more about $$. Right now its $500 to $1k per session. When I started futures it was $50 to $100. Risk is variable and I dont put alot of stake in it due to my sl is defined and then becomes the reversal. I started with doubling down to get my losses back on reversals only. Now i x3 or x4 on reversals. Pertaining to spot, if I have a good session I will take a "what the heck trade as long as my goal has been already reached. Usually OPM money and let it right all night with a OPM sl or break even. When they work its NIce! Futures im all tick charts at the current. Spot im 15 min only.

profit
As i move up contracts and lot sizes, its becoming more important to me about the $$ not the ticks or pips. Again, as long as I hit my goal.

Winners & Losers Percentage
I have already done my math on this and it is why I trade it. It would be more beneficial for you to take a screen size chart and using 2 or 3 semas (use tro dynamic fibs to see where they started) and see for yourself. The nay sayers always present me with garbage numbers. They like to say I cant get 20 pips on trades...or risking 20 to make 8 etc...yada yada.. I never said I get all 20 in one trade. I have always stated 20 per session( used to be 40) . I dont look at RR like that. Risking 10 to make 4 or to make 16 is the same to me. ITS A WIN. My style of trading is a very high percentage( chart it) thus I can set traditional RR aside. The other thing nay sayer dont do is take the reversals. I do. Without the reversals from the momentum zones, the stats are up to 40 percent less. They need to lose the FEAR. Again i highly encourage anyone to chart it out if they wish to trade this way. You must believe it to win at it or your emotions will jack you up.

The longer one trades the more there experiences play a roll in there subconsiousness. Almost 2nd nature. I am messing with clone boxes and tick chart trendlines but dont trade them per say yet. I will tell you this, I can already tell you trendline traders dont take breaks. The success is the bounce. Breaks have a jacked up RR and the bounce trades rectify that.

hope this helps

doji

I love this post. Straight truth and honesty. Doubling down on reversals, "what the heck trades" :mrgreen: my fav and experience in the subcon. Plus its so simple. Any naysayers just aren't trading it right or maybe Im not. But if 20 pips a session is the goal then Im good for about 12 sessions with just today. And this method is good for entries on HTF's to. Total package.

And before anyone wants to call bullshit on my gains go check Mira's page. Almost all trades were live and TP's were called in advance. This setup is amazing. Also have 2 "what the heck trades" still open. Looking for a couple hundred more pips or taking a loss (probably with money from traders who say this doesn't work :twisted: .
Attachments
eurjpy-m15-oanda-division1.png
eurjpy-m15-oanda-division1.png (82.24 KiB) Viewed 3975 times
eurjpy-m15-fx-choice-limited.png
eurjpy-m15-fx-choice-limited.png (36.21 KiB) Viewed 3975 times

Return to “beginners forum”