A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

JESGPY

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby JESGPY » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:12 am

dojirock wrote:It takes a force(momentum)speed and movement to breakout of the previous extreme.
We only care about the ones that close above the previous extreme. Otherwise its an illusion.

Does this definition fit everything being said?
There is a difference between bullish and bearish momentum
If its not momentum then its of no value.
When that force does show itself, call it momentum.
we always get non momentum after momentum?
Color of the candle are of now matter to us?

It takes an bearish momentum to break a bullish momentum.
There is no way an bullish momentum can break a bullish momentum.

and for the big one you MUST have an opposing momentum to change direction of PA.

Once you grasp this, start looking at the stats. Its incredible.

doji

Awesome Post

Nice to see you back Doji!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

tombarry

Postby tombarry » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:09 am

Hey doji
I've been following all your tips and charts for a long time and first i want to thank you very much for all the help and efforts that you put here.

Sometimes it is very difficult to explain something that is so clear to us, to someone else.

I'd like to suggest something new here.
I have rarely seen this tool being used here on Kreslik but I think it is one of the best learning tools on the internet.

If you have time and if you want of course, maybe could you make a video showing and explaining what comes to your mind before you pull the trigger?
Your thoughts, mindset, ideas, zlines, momentum, close above/below, extremes...

How many things we learn daily watching videos on platforms like youtube?!

I think a video could help a lot of people here to see what you see on a different way.

Just my two cents.

Thanks for everything Doji.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:23 am

Alright so this is actually perfect 2 types of trades with 2 different outcomes. Should be able to show what and where Im screwing up.

Trades 1 and 2 are about the same, with 1 being a loss and 2 a winner. Both are in a down bar 50 zone. Trade 1 there is down momo that closes beyond previous bars extreme, below the upward momo and has a sema on it. Cant get more perfect. But its a loser. Number 2 has up momo closing beyond previous bars extreme. Next bar wicks the 50 zone and gets rejected. Should be up right. Nope wrong again. 3 and 4 same setup, lots of red bars then some up momo, except 3 blows through and down while 4 just whips back and forth.

This is whats killing me
Attachments
eurjpy-h1-oanda-division1.png
eurjpy-h1-oanda-division1.png (43.66 KiB) Viewed 3854 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:51 am

dojirock wrote:It takes a force(momentum)speed and movement to breakout of the previous extreme.
We only care about the ones that close above the previous extreme. Otherwise its an illusion.

Does this definition fit everything being said?
There is a difference between bullish and bearish momentum
If its not momentum then its of no value.
When that force does show itself, call it momentum.
we always get non momentum after momentum?
Color of the candle are of now matter to us?

It takes an bearish momentum to break a bullish momentum.
There is no way an bullish momentum can break a bullish momentum.

and for the big one you MUST have an opposing momentum to change direction of PA.

Once you grasp this, start looking at the stats. Its incredible.

doji

Hi Doji! Thank you much because you're words are opening my eyes!

Your lines fits exactly with your definition:

"The way I define Momentum is a close above the previous extreme. That is bullish Momentum. Its the same on any chart timeframe, chart type.
Thus close below previous extreme would be bearish Momentum. Again, same on any chart timeframe, or chart type.

If one draws the zline (the origin of Momentum) see how it will take bearish Momentum to break that origin of bullish momentum?"

But in what bullish and bearish momentum are different? It's only about direction?
And are the extremes discreptional?

I'm sorry for all these quesitons :lol: but your words are changing everything.

Thanks!
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

roctao

Postby roctao » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:Alright so this is actually perfect 2 types of trades with 2 different outcomes. Should be able to show what and where Im screwing up.

Trades 1 and 2 are about the same, with 1 being a loss and 2 a winner. Both are in a down bar 50 zone. Trade 1 there is down momo that closes beyond previous bars extreme, below the upward momo and has a sema on it. Cant get more perfect. But its a loser. Number 2 has up momo closing beyond previous bars extreme. Next bar wicks the 50 zone and gets rejected. Should be up right. Nope wrong again. 3 and 4 same setup, lots of red bars then some up momo, except 3 blows through and down while 4 just whips back and forth.

This is whats killing me

HI Mr. Hyde,
as everyone knows hind sight trading is way too easy. So.

Trade 1: I assume you have a specific stop set, That is why you took a loss.
Trade 2: looks to me like you changed your bias to long because of the first loss. Even if you encompass the whole move up for your 1st trade loss for upwards momentum your second trade still screams SELL.

Most of our troubles in trading is that we are hunting not trading.
Saturday Sunday I can come up with really good trading plans for the week, but Sunday afternoon the dang thing starts moving and I just gotta kill it.

Bias changing momentum has to be big and quick. The type that makes you cuss like V8?

DOJI it is so cool to see you teaching, having been here long enough to watch your journey unfold.
Thanks

Mira

Postby Mira » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:11 pm

So, if we define Momentum a close over the previous extreme, then do we want to see price closing over the origin of the extreme's BO (to see a Mo breaking Mo)?
[OR i'm just going crazy lol]

For Doji 1.png
For Doji 1.png (30.88 KiB) Viewed 3798 times

for Doji 2.png
for Doji 2.png (35.23 KiB) Viewed 3798 times

Thank you Doji :)

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:46 pm

roctao wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:Alright so this is actually perfect 2 types of trades with 2 different outcomes. Should be able to show what and where Im screwing up.

This is whats killing me

HI Mr. Hyde,
as everyone knows hind sight trading is way too easy. So.

Trade 1: I assume you have a specific stop set, That is why you took a loss.
Trade 2: looks to me like you changed your bias to long because of the first loss. Even if you encompass the whole move up for your 1st trade loss for upwards momentum your second trade still screams SELL.

Most of our troubles in trading is that we are hunting not trading.
Saturday Sunday I can come up with really good trading plans for the week, but Sunday afternoon the dang thing starts moving and I just gotta kill it.

Bias changing momentum has to be big and quick. The type that makes you cuss like V8?

DOJI it is so cool to see you teaching, having been here long enough to watch your journey unfold.
Thanks

Couple points.
Im starting from scratch here to get the PA foundation right. I haven't given all the pieces yet. One of them is that I only trade off of or away from 2 and 3 sema's. 1's dont give me the range I like on a 15 min chart. Please remember, I have a scalper mentality and my session goal is 20-40 pips. 15 min chart is my favorite.

doji
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Mira wrote:So, if we define Momentum a close over the previous extreme, then do we want to see price closing over the origin of the extreme's BO (to see a Mo breaking Mo)?
[OR i'm just going crazy lol]

For Doji 1.png

for Doji 2.png

Thank you Doji :)

Now were getting somewhere! Great effort Mira! A few of your lines are off.
Bearish Mo takes a close below previous candles Low(extreme). Its this low that we draw the zline from which will pierce the body of the Momentum candle. The 2 candles together give us a green light on Bearish Momentum. Just the opposite from Bullish Momentum, and for that Momentum to be valid it also consist of 2 candles. So all in all a bearish Mo and bullish Mo consist of 4 candles. There can be non Mo candles between them. We are only looking at 1 time frame at this point.(overlays).

Were taking steps. Hopefully you guys can see them unfold as we go. Im trying to move quickly, but not to quick as to lose you.
- just a chart = odds are against us
- defined MO = slight improvement in odds
- defined two types of MO = even better odds yet
- using the two types of MO as one Momentum setup= Now the odds are surely in our favor!!

Ponder this........
Once we draw the 2 types of Momentum in this defined way(key being having to be defined, which was missing from the trading plan)
What if that became a zone?

Another key point, to back up that this works on any chart or time frame due to its the essence of PA......
Take a look at the custom candle indi. It doesnt matter what candles get grouped, the above will be visible!

doji
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

tombarry

Postby tombarry » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:38 pm

Hey Doji
Did you saw my post on page 372?

Mira

Postby Mira » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:58 pm

dojirock wrote:Now were getting somewhere! Great effort Mira! A few of your lines are off.
Bearish Mo takes a close below previous candles Low(extreme). Its this low that we draw the zline from which will pierce the body of the Momentum candle. The 2 candles together give us a green light on Bearish Momentum. Just the opposite from Bullish Momentum, and for that Momentum to be valid it also consist of 2 candles. So all in all a bearish Mo and bullish Mo consist of 4 candles. There can be non Mo candles between them. We are only looking at 1 time frame at this point.(overlays).

Were taking steps. Hopefully you guys can see them unfold as we go. Im trying to move quickly, but not to quick as to lose you.
- just a chart = odds are against us
- defined MO = slight improvement in odds
- defined two types of MO = even better odds yet
- using the two types of MO as one Momentum setup= Now the odds are surely in our favor!!

Ponder this........
Once we draw the 2 types of Momentum in this defined way(key being having to be defined, which was missing from the trading plan)
What if that became a zone?

Another key point, to back up that this works on any chart or time frame due to its the essence of PA......
Take a look at the custom candle indi. It doesnt matter what candles get grouped, the above will be visible!

doji

Thank you much for you help and your patience Doji.
I'm following, I drew the lines better.. only one timeframe now!

IMG_2930.PNG
IMG_2930.PNG (51.44 KiB) Viewed 3546 times

Return to “beginners forum”