Newbie - be nice!

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

gododdin

Newbie - be nice!

Postby gododdin » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:55 am

Hi all

New to this forum - hello!

As I posted on another well known forum :) I have been doing a great deal of research on methodologies over the past months but now I've sort of read myself to a standstill! I'm suffering from what someone else called "paralysis by analysis"!

Then I saw a thread about the Buy Zone and it looks beguilingly simple and attractive. I downloaded the pdf Buy Zone Manual and read that and I'm still attracted to the system. The focus though seems to be on getting in and out of trades quickly intraday and on Forex.

But I work full time so I can't sit at the PC all day doing trades. I have to trade EOD and was thinking that Swing Trading would suit me. I'm in the UK so was thinking I would trade the FTSE index and a selection of FTSE100 companies (or maybe USD/EUR - I'm not sure and would welcome advice on this too). Can anyone direct me to a link or two on how to use the BuyZone system for this. Alternatively an explanation for the bemused would be most welcome! :)

If this post is too vague, let me know and I'll try to be more specific.

Many thanks, G

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

gododdin

Postby gododdin » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:09 am

Did I ask the wrong question? If I've been unclear/stupid etc (wouldn't be the first time!) let me know and I'll have another go.

koolbreeze

Did I ask the wrong question? If I've been unclear/stupid et

Postby koolbreeze » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:33 pm

gododdin,

I don't think your question was at all unclear or stupid, just difficult to answer. What you are asking essentially is for someone else to tell you how to trade. Only you can determine the best path to follow. You are in the right place if you want to learn the buyzone. Use the search feature of this site and put in the time to study the abundance of information offered here. I?m not an expert of the buyzone but my feeling is that it isn?t a swing trading strategy. Others may offer a different view on this. As far as the aspect of ?paralysis by analysis?, it is a common dilemma we all go through at an early stage of trying to learn this business. This problem in my view is seated in a mistaken belief that the more one knows the better trader one will be. All you really need is one good way of interacting with the markets to succeed. As we are all unique individuals with diverse personalities, we have to find what works for us. My advice is to try to keep it simple. Work within the time frame that best fits your personality. If you have a day job, focus on a strategy that works within this limitation. Review all your trades to refine your strategy. This is one of the most difficult endeavors you may ever attempt to achieve but the rewards are worth the effort. From one guy on the other side of the pond, best of luck my friend.

jhtumblin

Postby jhtumblin » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:07 pm

Gododdin,

The BuyZone strategy is primarily a market scalping tool and has mostly been refined for that purpose. The statistics and testing for it have been run on short time-frames and the stops and profits are adjusted for those ranges accordingly, among other things. This is not to say the BuyZone can't be modified for a larger scale, but up to this point, no one has done any analysis regarding the swing trading possibilities of the system (Actually I'm sure someone has evaluated that aspect but they have not shared the information publicly.)

If you are looking to swing trade the BuyZone, you would need to test some of the parameters on your own to find out if it is feasible for your desired trading style. Then of course, return and share your discoveries!

gododdin

Postby gododdin » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:52 am

Thanks for your replies. KB & JHT - that's interesting because I could have sworn I read somewhere that the BuyZone was originally developed as an end of day trading tool... But then again I've read so much stuff that I'm probably mistaken. It sounds as if it may not be suitable for swing trading EOD.

Thanks again, G

Aldo

Postby Aldo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:47 pm

Hey Gododdin, I can't give you much in the way of answers but I'm also sure I've read in a post somewhere on here that Buy Zone was originally an EOD indicator. Seems to me though that 99% + use it for scalping.

And as for swing trading, have just read in another post TRO recommending "The Black Belt Trading Strategy" ... but have done a search and don't see any other info on it. Maybe some of the longer standing members can shed some light on that one ...

Cheers,
Allan

gododdin

Postby gododdin » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:15 am

Nice one Aldo - I did a search for Black Belt Trading Strategy and found this:
http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=622
It certainly seems to be TRO's preferred strategy for swing trading but there's a lot of reading and research to do there! I'm going to give it a go anyway - nothing ventured etc.

Cheers G

kwanto

the buy zone pdf flle: where can I download it ? thx

Postby kwanto » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:40 pm

where can I download it ? thx

kwanto

Postby kwanto » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:42 pm

correction: where can I download "the buy zone pdf file" and the "breakout bounce trading stategy" thx a mln

Return to “beginners forum”