exactly one year ago, on Saturday May 13th 2006, 4:40 CET in the morning, kreslik.com was born!
At the very beginning, I built this site with a primary idea in mind: to help my good friend Avery (TheRumpledOne) and provide him with a liberal, unrestricted space where he could post freely - as at that time, Avery had just been banned from the Tradestation forum. In any case, since then Avery has been banned from just about any other remaning trading forum on the planet . Starting kreslik.com was also a big relief for me as I was able to concentrate posts on my various concepts on different trading forums into one place.
Nevertheless, the first birthday of kreslik.com is a reason for celebration for us all, indeed - as many have said that kreslik.com has become one of the most liberal trading forums on the internet. There is no forum police here. At kreslik.com, users are only banned if they are irreformable spammers or their posts repetitively include vulgar expressions. Or if they are Republicans. (just joking )
Why kreslik.com is praised for its liberality? One of the main issues that makes kreslik.com so unbiased is by no means a total absence of advertising here. I can tell you, I've already been contacted by many trading-related companies in this respect. Bountiful cash stream would emerge from these ad contracts. Although the running, maintaining, updating and securing kreslik.com against hackers costs me money on a regular basis, I feel that placing a paid ad on kreslik.com would hurt the forum liberality. Have you also noticed that on regular trading forums, there are no sharply negative posts against their sponsors allowed?
However, kreslik.com has always been open for anyone who wishes to promote his or her product or service in the form of a non-paid, open discussion with our members. Group discounts for kreslik.com members are also heartily welcome here . As I see it, the only possible paid ad concept that might theoretically make it to kreslik.com in the future is google ads, where there's no direct contact between the website board and the advertiser.
On this occasion, I wanted to say a big thank you to all kreslik.com users for indulging in an open discussion here. As you probably know, I've got a crush on numbers and stats, so let's review some of the kreslik.com data here:
- up until now, there have been 5,918 posts in 604 topics
- currently, around 500 traders from all over the world are visiting kreslik.com every day
- there are 2,137 registered users (a small minority of the total number of all users that are visiting the site)
- the most prolific poster is TheRumpledOne (who else? ) with 1,239 posts
- the most replied to and at the same time the most viewed topic is FPI - Fractional Product Inefficiency: The Impeccable Hedge with 518 replies / 54,200 views
- most users ever online at the same time were 36 users on Wednesday Dec 06, 2006 1:36 am CET
- there were 81,940 google visits at kreslik.com
- the most downloaded file in the downloads section is Forex trading lecture in pdf with 569 downloads
Thanks all for keeping this place so liberal and happy birthday, kreslik.com!