just a quick notice: I received an info from Tickquest that the kreslik.com members who either got or are going to get the discounted NeoTicker till Feb 28th are eligible for the
NeoTicker Grid Optimizer discount, too.
Their standard price for the Grid Optimizer is $800 and the discounted price for kreslik.com members is $500 until Feb 28th.
I'm using this cool tool with NeoTicker. Just a brief info:
- on the contrary to Tradestation, you can optimize anything that you can set in NeoTicker - it means, you can search for the symbol that best fits your strat, the best timeframe, the best tick compression (time bars/tick bars/constant range bars/you name it...)
- you are not limited by your computer's performance - you can run the optimization on more computers in a network at once
- apart from the brute force (exhaustive) optimization (the only one available in Tradestation), you can try alternative search algorithms as well: Monte Carlo, Hybrid, Smart search (here I am still missing the genetical algorithm)
- you can query all optimization results with standard SQL (cool)
- you can stop and resume the optimization at any time (and continue even after you close the optimizer) and set the max CPU usage for the optimizer as well
- you can display the search space (fitness landscape) as a 3D graph directly within the optimizer
- write your custom statistics
- etc. etc.
If you want to apply for the Grid Optimizer discount, please contact me and I'll forward your request to TickQuest.
Note to other software vendors: why don't you go ahead and offer some good piece of trading software to kreslik.com members for a discounted price, too?