Is anyone using Neo for production trading?

platform related discussion

Moderator: moderators

Pip Hunter
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:31 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Is anyone using Neo for production trading?

Postby Pip Hunter » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:57 am

... and if so, how? I bought this platform at the end of 2007, and I find that nearly every portion of it I have tried to make use of is either completely, or partially, broken. How are you all making out with it?
http://reasons.org/
Let God be true, and every man a liar.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
michal.kreslik
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 2:40 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Monte Carlo, Monaco
Real name: Michal Kreslik
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby michal.kreslik » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:23 pm

I am using NeoTicker for production automated trading.

There is no perfect platform, but NeoTicker is the least flawed out there.

The ultimate step, of course, is to use your own trading platform which is something that I'm going to pursue.

Michal

Pip Hunter
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:31 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby Pip Hunter » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:27 am

michal.kreslik wrote:I am using NeoTicker for production automated trading.

There is no perfect platform, but NeoTicker is the least flawed out there.

The ultimate step, of course, is to use your own trading platform which is something that I'm going to pursue.

Michal


How are you managing to navigate, for example, the perpetual MB Order server crashing? There certainly is nothing more crippling IMO to both usability, and platform confidence, than this at present. (I assume you are trading with MB, based on your most excellent new quote analysis.)
http://reasons.org/

Let God be true, and every man a liar.

User avatar
michal.kreslik
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 2:40 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Monte Carlo, Monaco
Real name: Michal Kreslik
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby michal.kreslik » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:17 pm

Pip Hunter wrote:How are you managing to navigate, for example, the perpetual MB Order server crashing? There certainly is nothing more crippling IMO to both usability, and platform confidence, than this at present. (I assume you are trading with MB, based on your most excellent new quote analysis.)


EFX <> NeoTicker order server never crashes on me. Check your hardware & internet connection setup.

Michal

Pip Hunter
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:31 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby Pip Hunter » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:08 pm

michal.kreslik wrote:
Pip Hunter wrote:How are you managing to navigate, for example, the perpetual MB Order server crashing? There certainly is nothing more crippling IMO to both usability, and platform confidence, than this at present. (I assume you are trading with MB, based on your most excellent new quote analysis.)


EFX <> NeoTicker order server never crashes on me. Check your hardware & internet connection setup.

Michal


There are numerous users with numerous crashes (myself included) throughout the 5.x order server cycle.

Would you be willing to share what NeoTicker build and order server combination you are using in production? Perhaps you are on an older, more stable, revision.

Of course older revisions lack some of the new features, but being able to reliably send orders is much preferred over any additional features coupled with instability.

Thanks much.
http://reasons.org/

Let God be true, and every man a liar.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
michal.kreslik
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 2:40 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Monte Carlo, Monaco
Real name: Michal Kreslik
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby michal.kreslik » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:12 am

I'm using NeoTicker 4.20.25 and EFX order server 5.20.

Michal

Pip Hunter
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:31 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby Pip Hunter » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:57 pm

michal.kreslik wrote:I'm using NeoTicker 4.20.25 and EFX order server 5.20.

Michal


Awesome, thank you!

Is that with the Navigator 11.x components loaded?
http://reasons.org/

Let God be true, and every man a liar.

User avatar
michal.kreslik
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 2:40 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Monte Carlo, Monaco
Real name: Michal Kreslik
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby michal.kreslik » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:01 am

Pip Hunter wrote:
michal.kreslik wrote:I'm using NeoTicker 4.20.25 and EFX order server 5.20.

Michal


Awesome, thank you!

Is that with the Navigator 11.x components loaded?


Yes, EFX order server 5.20 doesn't work with earlier versions of Navigator than 11.x

Michal

Pip Hunter
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:31 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby Pip Hunter » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:36 am

Right, thanks again!
http://reasons.org/

Let God be true, and every man a liar.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “NeoTicker platform”