Entry straddle aka TRO Buyzone

NeoTicker indicators

Moderator: moderators

michal.kreslik

Entry straddle aka TRO Buyzone

Postby michal.kreslik » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:51 am

Hello, friends,

I've converted Avery's Buyzone indicator to NeoTicker/C#.NET and I've added a couple of tweaks to it. I call it Entry straddle as the name "Buyzone" is very confusing. It shows the entry levels on the long as well as on the short sides.

Entry straddle works on any timeframe, from 1 tick chart to the 1 presidential term chart. The input parameters are as follows:

• you can set any Session end in the 24-hour format from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59
  • Inside straddle pips is the distance (in pips) from the session open to the closer entry level
  • Outside straddle pips is the distance (in pips) from the session open to the outer entry level
  • Data stream is any stream that's available on the chart. EntryStraddle will be based on the data stream that you set here regardless of where it is plotted.
Cool thing about Neo is that I can do anything in there, so I've added a low-level error handling to this indicator. This means that if you try to enter a wrong value as an input, the indicator tells you that it's not gonna work and reverts to the sane default. These sane defaults can be changed in the source code. This is an example of how does an error message look if you try to enter "24" as a Session end hour:

The indicator can cope with missing data as there does not actually need to be a single bar with an exact session end time on the chart. This is especially useful for 1 tick charts.

The indicator automatically recognizes the pip value (0.0001 or 0.01) for the loaded forex pair.

In the attached zip, you will find:
  • the compiled indicator itself. It's in the folder "indicator". Simply copy the contents of this folder to your indicator folder under NeoTicker and install "EntryStraddle" indicator
  • C#.NET source code
  • screenshots

Tested with NeoTicker 4.20 build 4.

Michal
Attachments
EntryStraddle.zip
(204.47 KiB) Downloaded 599 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

foo

Postby foo » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:23 pm

Looks good Michal. Thanks for Sharing. I like the trick to identify between 2 and 4 decimal for forex symbols. (anything greater that 40 has only 2 decimals).

There is another method that you may or may not be aware up as well. Assuming the symbol is defined inside NeoTickers Symbol Manager, it is possible to query for the minimum tick size via NTLib.GetSymbolSpecs. The definition is below:

bool GetSymbolSpecs(object ASymbol, out double APriceMultiple, out double AMinTickSize, out int ADefaultSize);

Cheers

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:16 am

Hi, foo,

the problem is you can't rely on the user symbol list to be available and if it is, you can't rely on it being correct.

The precise way to do this and the way I do it myself, is to query an SQL database that, among other data, contains the information about the number of decimals for all available FX symbols.

Michal

brwkem

Postby brwkem » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:09 pm

Will this indicator work with equities?

jfx2

loading problems

Postby jfx2 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:49 am

Has anyone else had trouble installing the indicator? I can seem to load the indicator, and it appears loaded on my chart, but there are no lines being drawn, or any changes to the area where the chart is being displayed. When I copy the contents of the indicator folder in the attached Zip to the indicator folder in tickquest i see the indicator appear in the indicator manger. When I try to select NOW ENABLED, i get a error box that says, "failed to install indicator" Any ideas?

jfx2

loading problems

Postby jfx2 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:00 am

Has anyone else had trouble installing the indicator? I can seem to load the indicator, and it appears loaded on my chart, but there are no lines being drawn, or any changes to the area where the chart is being displayed. When I copy the contents of the indicator folder in the attached Zip to the indicator folder in tickquest i see the indicator appear in the indicator manger. When I try to select NOW ENABLED, i get a error box that says, "failed to install indicator" Any ideas?

brwkem

Postby brwkem » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:39 am

Same problem here

brwkem

Postby brwkem » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:40 pm

Have redone the steps to install several times for this indicator and another one and get this same trouble both times.
GRRRRRR.

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:30 pm

Ok, I'm not the only one then. Michal any thoughts on why this might be happening?

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

brwkem

Postby brwkem » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:50 pm

Having the same problem with TRODynamicSR3 zip download too.
Wont install.

Return to “NeoTicker indicators”