Where do I start from?

everything that doesn't belong elsewhere cometh here

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:04 am

Looking at the chart you might ask what this all means.

How does grouping candles help me make decisions that normal periods and shifts do not?

What does it mean when there are tall green bodies rising from the low?
Of what significance are those small red bodies in the circled area?

Is price stalling? No, that would be the noob cop out answer to everything...

Do the larger charts shed any light on how I should analyze this time frame?

Do large bodies always point in the direction of profit or are there situations where they are faded due to a greater understanding of the big picture?

ETC

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

athan00
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:26 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby athan00 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:32 pm

MightyOne wrote:Looking at the chart you might ask what this all means.

How does grouping candles help me make decisions that normal periods and shifts do not?

What does it mean when there are tall green bodies rising from the low?
Of what significance are those small red bodies in the circled area?

Is price stalling? No, that would be the noob cop out answer to everything...

Do the larger charts shed any light on how I should analyze this time frame?

Do large bodies always point in the direction of profit or are there situations where they are faded due to a greater understanding of the big picture?

ETC


MO, this is the first time I see something like that. At the begginingI thought there are were two different TFs merged together. Then I read your post and realized you manually group some candles. I m not sure on what criteria you base and do that but I suppose on candle patterns.

And YES, these are exactly all the questions (and even more actually) that came right up to my mind!!! But as I understood you suggest that I have to find out the answers my self. :D

User avatar
adaseb
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:20 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby adaseb » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:32 pm

TODAY WAS AN EPIC DAY!!!!

EPIC!!!!!!!!

User avatar
ajaymein
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 885
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:34 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby ajaymein » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:14 am

adaseb wrote:TODAY WAS AN EPIC DAY!!!!

EPIC!!!!!!!!


Lol...as I am reading through the new posts I see you going nuts on each one hahaha...how many pips you bag?

User avatar
adaseb
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:20 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby adaseb » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:30 am

ajaymein wrote:
adaseb wrote:TODAY WAS AN EPIC DAY!!!!

EPIC!!!!!!!!


Lol...as I am reading through the new posts I see you going nuts on each one hahaha...how many pips you bag?


Its not how many pips you bag, its how large your lot sizes are when those pips are getting bagged.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

athan00
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:26 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby athan00 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:23 pm

adaseb wrote:
ajaymein wrote:
adaseb wrote:TODAY WAS AN EPIC DAY!!!!

EPIC!!!!!!!!


Lol...as I am reading through the new posts I see you going nuts on each one hahaha...how many pips you bag?


Its not how many pips you bag, its how large your lot sizes are when those pips are getting bagged.


should I ask if you keep the max 2% risk? Or this 2% is just a newbies rule/myth?

User avatar
adaseb
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:20 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby adaseb » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:31 pm

athan00 wrote:
adaseb wrote:
ajaymein wrote:
adaseb wrote:TODAY WAS AN EPIC DAY!!!!

EPIC!!!!!!!!


Lol...as I am reading through the new posts I see you going nuts on each one hahaha...how many pips you bag?


Its not how many pips you bag, its how large your lot sizes are when those pips are getting bagged.


should I ask if you keep the max 2% risk? Or this 2% is just a newbies rule/myth?


That is just my money management, you can set yours to whatever you would like.

And keep in mind that risk is over 20 pips, i would never lose 20 pips in one trade. I would have to have like 10-20 losing trades in a row to lose 20 pips , and if the day is going that bad its best to just quit for the day and come back tomorrow.

Keeps me from getting emotional and taking revenge trades that can cost me my account.

User avatar
ajaymein
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 885
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:34 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby ajaymein » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:14 pm

adaseb wrote:
athan00 wrote:
adaseb wrote:
ajaymein wrote:
adaseb wrote:TODAY WAS AN EPIC DAY!!!!

EPIC!!!!!!!!


Lol...as I am reading through the new posts I see you going nuts on each one hahaha...how many pips you bag?


Its not how many pips you bag, its how large your lot sizes are when those pips are getting bagged.


should I ask if you keep the max 2% risk? Or this 2% is just a newbies rule/myth?


That is just my money management, you can set yours to whatever you would like.

And keep in mind that risk is over 20 pips, i would never lose 20 pips in one trade. I would have to have like 10-20 losing trades in a row to lose 20 pips , and if the day is going that bad its best to just quit for the day and come back tomorrow.

Keeps me from getting emotional and taking revenge trades that can cost me my account.


20 losses = 20 pips ... I wanna know your thought process and broker. Sick_Smile

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:41 pm

ajaymein wrote:
adaseb wrote:
athan00 wrote:
adaseb wrote:
ajaymein wrote:
adaseb wrote:TODAY WAS AN EPIC DAY!!!!

EPIC!!!!!!!!


Lol...as I am reading through the new posts I see you going nuts on each one hahaha...how many pips you bag?


Its not how many pips you bag, its how large your lot sizes are when those pips are getting bagged.


should I ask if you keep the max 2% risk? Or this 2% is just a newbies rule/myth?


That is just my money management, you can set yours to whatever you would like.

And keep in mind that risk is over 20 pips, i would never lose 20 pips in one trade. I would have to have like 10-20 losing trades in a row to lose 20 pips , and if the day is going that bad its best to just quit for the day and come back tomorrow.

Keeps me from getting emotional and taking revenge trades that can cost me my account.


20 losses = 20 pips ... I wanna know your thought process and broker. Sick_Smile


It does seem strange to me also. When I take a trade on E/U I start -1 pip
and the other pairs are more of course. So I am also interested in your
trade management/money management.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
forexbob
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:52 am
Reputation: 2
Location: Planet Earth
Gender: None specified

Postby forexbob » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:57 pm

athan00 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:Looking at the chart you might ask what this all means.

How does grouping candles help me make decisions that normal periods and shifts do not?

What does it mean when there are tall green bodies rising from the low?
Of what significance are those small red bodies in the circled area?

Is price stalling? No, that would be the noob cop out answer to everything...

Do the larger charts shed any light on how I should analyze this time frame?

Do large bodies always point in the direction of profit or are there situations where they are faded due to a greater understanding of the big picture?

ETC


MO, this is the first time I see something like that. At the begginingI thought there are were two different TFs merged together. Then I read your post and realized you manually group some candles. I m not sure on what criteria you base and do that but I suppose on candle patterns.

And YES, these are exactly all the questions (and even more actually) that came right up to my mind!!! But as I understood you suggest that I have to find out the answers my self. :D


Yep, and that is the best way to learn. find the answer yourself. But you are not alone. answer them in the forum, and as i have read (and learned) a lot by MO's postings i am sure Mo will give more clues or questions directing you in a way you start to see the right things.
The highest Forex rebates: http://www.cashbackforex.info

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “general”