Where do I start from?

everything that doesn't belong elsewhere cometh here

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
adaseb
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:20 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby adaseb » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:44 pm

athan00 wrote:Thanks both for your answers.

Adaseb you were right, I didn't like what I read but I totally agree that a trader needs to watch the market live. From your side do you just mean watching the market any timeframe/tickframe or even switching between timeframes/tickframes? I mean the point is just to spend time in front of the screen watching the market and get used to it?

I tried to do that in the past. I ll be honest, it is really boring especially if you stick with just one pair. But if you say it works I ll try to do it for a month or so.

How much time should I spend per day just watching the markets?

I know these questions sounds like newbie questions, I m not one. I m used to answer to newbies all the time. But after 3 years restling with trading my mind is so confused and overloaded with so many garbage I ve learned so far that I really don't know what to do.


What sessions are you available or during what sessions do you trade? NY? London? Asian?

By the way, when trading starts to get boring, that means you are doing something right.

I sometimes stare at the charts 16 hours a day throughout all the sessions and I just wait for opportunities. Trading is all about waiting, and its suppose to be very boring.

I am surprised that I put up with all this because I quit a white collar office job because it was boring as fvck and I couldn't sit infront of the computer for 8 hours a day. Now I do it for 16 hours a day and I do something that's even more boring. I guess its the money that motivates me and working for myself instead of a boss.

So you got to ask yourself. Can you spend all those hours in-front of a computer? Are you willing to brutally suffer?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:52 pm

adaseb wrote:
athan00 wrote:Thanks both for your answers.

Adaseb you were right, I didn't like what I read but I totally agree that a trader needs to watch the market live. From your side do you just mean watching the market any timeframe/tickframe or even switching between timeframes/tickframes? I mean the point is just to spend time in front of the screen watching the market and get used to it?

I tried to do that in the past. I ll be honest, it is really boring especially if you stick with just one pair. But if you say it works I ll try to do it for a month or so.

How much time should I spend per day just watching the markets?

I know these questions sounds like newbie questions, I m not one. I m used to answer to newbies all the time. But after 3 years restling with trading my mind is so confused and overloaded with so many garbage I ve learned so far that I really don't know what to do.


What sessions are you available or during what sessions do you trade? NY? London? Asian?

By the way, when trading starts to get boring, that means you are doing something right.

I sometimes stare at the charts 16 hours a day throughout all the sessions and I just wait for opportunities. Trading is all about waiting, and its suppose to be very boring.

I am surprised that I put up with all this because I quit a white collar office job because it was boring as fvck and I couldn't sit infront of the computer for 8 hours a day. Now I do it for 16 hours a day and I do something that's even more boring. I guess its the money that motivates me and working for myself instead of a boss.

So you got to ask yourself. Can you spend all those hours in-front of a computer? Are you willing to brutally suffer?


and to add to that


suffer you will, unless you just somehow get a feel for it real quick

you will lose money and most likely blow accounts

it will feel like you have been kicked in the balls over and over and over

you have to pull up your skirt and get back in the game, and just do not accept failure as an option.

i mean lets face it, what we do is go to battle everyday, against the smartest and most well funded traders in the world.

you go to battle and you either kill or be killed, this is a war.


the odds are stacked waaaaaayyyyy against you, slippage, commissions, money and emotions

like what was said above, do not trade demo. trade at 1 cent a pip, then you will learn the emotional side as well.

the good news is

you can do it and it is possible to accomplish. You just have to trust that and make it happen.

the journey will also teach you a lot about yourself, even if you do not make it you will have learned more about yourself than a lifetime could have taught you.

when/if you make it out the other side, you then earn the title of an international hustler 8)
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
dragon33
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:41 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby dragon33 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:29 pm

es/pip wrote:
adaseb wrote:
athan00 wrote:Thanks both for your answers.

Adaseb you were right, I didn't like what I read but I totally agree that a trader needs to watch the market live. From your side do you just mean watching the market any timeframe/tickframe or even switching between timeframes/tickframes? I mean the point is just to spend time in front of the screen watching the market and get used to it?

I tried to do that in the past. I ll be honest, it is really boring especially if you stick with just one pair. But if you say it works I ll try to do it for a month or so.

How much time should I spend per day just watching the markets?

I know these questions sounds like newbie questions, I m not one. I m used to answer to newbies all the time. But after 3 years restling with trading my mind is so confused and overloaded with so many garbage I ve learned so far that I really don't know what to do.


What sessions are you available or during what sessions do you trade? NY? London? Asian?

By the way, when trading starts to get boring, that means you are doing something right.

I sometimes stare at the charts 16 hours a day throughout all the sessions and I just wait for opportunities. Trading is all about waiting, and its suppose to be very boring.

I am surprised that I put up with all this because I quit a white collar office job because it was boring as fvck and I couldn't sit infront of the computer for 8 hours a day. Now I do it for 16 hours a day and I do something that's even more boring. I guess its the money that motivates me and working for myself instead of a boss.

So you got to ask yourself. Can you spend all those hours in-front of a computer? Are you willing to brutally suffer?


and to add to that


suffer you will, unless you just somehow get a feel for it real quick

you will lose money and most likely blow accounts

it will feel like you have been kicked in the balls over and over and over

you have to pull up your skirt and get back in the game, and just do not accept failure as an option.

i mean lets face it, what we do is go to battle everyday, against the smartest and most well funded traders in the world.

you go to battle and you either kill or be killed, this is a war.


the odds are stacked waaaaaayyyyy against you, slippage, commissions, money and emotions

like what was said above, do not trade demo. trade at 1 cent a pip, then you will learn the emotional side as well.

the good news is

you can do it and it is possible to accomplish. You just have to trust that and make it happen.

the journey will also teach you a lot about yourself, even if you do not make it you will have learned more about yourself than a lifetime could have taught you.

when/if you make it out the other side, you then earn the title of an international hustler 8)


Amen

PS i'm here to take your dollars :twisted:
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:40 pm

dragon33 wrote:
es/pip wrote:
adaseb wrote:
athan00 wrote:Thanks both for your answers.

Adaseb you were right, I didn't like what I read but I totally agree that a trader needs to watch the market live. From your side do you just mean watching the market any timeframe/tickframe or even switching between timeframes/tickframes? I mean the point is just to spend time in front of the screen watching the market and get used to it?

I tried to do that in the past. I ll be honest, it is really boring especially if you stick with just one pair. But if you say it works I ll try to do it for a month or so.

How much time should I spend per day just watching the markets?

I know these questions sounds like newbie questions, I m not one. I m used to answer to newbies all the time. But after 3 years restling with trading my mind is so confused and overloaded with so many garbage I ve learned so far that I really don't know what to do.


What sessions are you available or during what sessions do you trade? NY? London? Asian?

By the way, when trading starts to get boring, that means you are doing something right.

I sometimes stare at the charts 16 hours a day throughout all the sessions and I just wait for opportunities. Trading is all about waiting, and its suppose to be very boring.

I am surprised that I put up with all this because I quit a white collar office job because it was boring as fvck and I couldn't sit infront of the computer for 8 hours a day. Now I do it for 16 hours a day and I do something that's even more boring. I guess its the money that motivates me and working for myself instead of a boss.

So you got to ask yourself. Can you spend all those hours in-front of a computer? Are you willing to brutally suffer?


and to add to that


suffer you will, unless you just somehow get a feel for it real quick

you will lose money and most likely blow accounts

it will feel like you have been kicked in the balls over and over and over

you have to pull up your skirt and get back in the game, and just do not accept failure as an option.

i mean lets face it, what we do is go to battle everyday, against the smartest and most well funded traders in the world.

you go to battle and you either kill or be killed, this is a war.


the odds are stacked waaaaaayyyyy against you, slippage, commissions, money and emotions

like what was said above, do not trade demo. trade at 1 cent a pip, then you will learn the emotional side as well.

the good news is

you can do it and it is possible to accomplish. You just have to trust that and make it happen.

the journey will also teach you a lot about yourself, even if you do not make it you will have learned more about yourself than a lifetime could have taught you.

when/if you make it out the other side, you then earn the title of an international hustler 8)


Amen

PS i'm here to take your dollars :twisted:


i will give you my dollars for your gold :wink:
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
TygerKrane
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1404
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:36 pm
Reputation: 2
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:59 pm

athan00,
How did you find out about the mighty, mighty kreslik.com ?

Other than that, one other important point to take note of is that I am about to be the next trader to make it big here 8)
Last edited by TygerKrane on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

athan00
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:26 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby athan00 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:59 pm

thanks for your answers. I got the point. Hard work is the recipe.

Ok I havent got 16hours per day! I suppose you mean 16hours with (many) breaks in between and not just 16hours watching candles going up&down!

So I have available about 4hours per day (to start with) but I can definitely increase it to 8 after a few months. You think its enough? I m always talking about screen time.
Either wise I ve spent thousand of hours researching forex, forums, analyzing charts, studying, seminars, videos etc....

I m trading the London session (about 7:00 GMT up to 17:00 GMT) but generally because of my work I could choose another session up to 23:00 GMT. But I prefer the morning session because of volatility.

I think I ll start from NLA baby pips and then move to DTB then. So for the moment I ll keep reading forums,posts etc. :)

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:07 pm

i would say forums are are waste of time, but there is a wealth of information on this one, and you can learn a lot about price action.


forget seminars and systems and any of that kind of stuff. People who can trade do not sell things.

you just need a chart and then watch it till you get it

takes some people 1 month and it takes others 10 years to understand it.
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

athan00
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:26 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby athan00 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:24 pm

athan00,
How did you find out about the mighty, mighty kreslik.com ?

Other than that, one other important point to take note of is that I am about to be the next trader to make it big here


Well as I ve said before in my previous posts (have I?) I ve start working with forex since 2007. So in a forum I ve seen a post of the TRO (is it allowed to say which one?) and here I m. Well the first time I joined was back in 2008 but back then I found this method very poor in results compared with what was out there. They promised like 500pips/day! wow! It reminds me our priministers promises before the elections!
Anyway!

Congrats TygerKrane for your success! I hope that one day I ll be able to write this too in a post! :)

User avatar
tmanbone
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:52 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby tmanbone » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:33 pm

Feel free to speak your mind here. The only cardinal sin is posting TRO's indies on another forum. Welcome to the jungle.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

User avatar
ajaymein
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 885
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:34 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby ajaymein » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:33 pm

TygerKrane wrote:athan00,
How did you find out about the mighty, mighty kreslik.com ?

Other than that, one other important point to take note of is that I am about to be the next trader to make it big here 8)


Wanna race? ;-)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “general”