Map o' Buried Treasure

everything that doesn't belong elsewhere cometh here

Moderator: moderators

forexjpn

Re: Map o' Buried Treasure

Postby forexjpn » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:38 am

Captain Pugwash wrote:Hey, Thanks Man, I truly believe that's possible now :) - just got to get the account a bit higher and I'm done! (22% this week)

Its taken many thousand hours - but I knew what I wanted - and didn't give up

Sláinte

Great stuff, Captain...... Hopefully I'll be next..... Still got a ways to go to make those kinda gains, but I'm definitely getting there.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:40 am

Captain Pugwash wrote:Hey, Thanks Man, I truly believe that's possible now :) - just got to get the account a bit higher and I'm done! (22% this week)

Its taken many thousand hours - but I knew what I wanted - and didn't give up

Sláinte

Great Job. Thought I would stop by and give you
a =D>
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:44 pm

Thanks guys - that's really appreciated - and thanks so much for your posting your journey here Alias.

forexjpn - you will definitely make it mate - you put so much work in - and you talk sense

I still fritter a lot away (in fact, I frittered some of the trade you referred to away :( )

Another 26% this week!(the previous trade i posted) but its tempered with the fact that one of my accounts getting knocked out of a long GU last night (cant believe i went to bed and moved my stop)

(still in this trade (as I said, only on one account- and its not yet accounted for till i close it)) - added once (same lot size)

2015-04-22_1235.png
2015-04-22_1235.png (92.05 KiB) Viewed 1114 times

fxbook stats - as you see its up and down - tho heading the right way

2015-04-22_1634.png
2015-04-22_1634.png (18.62 KiB) Viewed 1101 times
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Wed May 13, 2015 6:58 pm

nice to get an add in before we got a move - took it off after momo - then got back in after a retrace - lucky eh? The tiny loss was me sticking in a long market order in error (fxcm defaults to long!)

2015-05-13_1853.png
2015-05-13_1853.png (40.17 KiB) Viewed 1007 times

2015-05-13_1907.png
2015-05-13_1907.png (43.99 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Fri May 15, 2015 1:34 pm

And took some the other way after a small loss.

An add would have been perfect here - but cant win them all

For the big picture, I am using the stuff Aliassmith talked about in his dead horse thread - "something to lean on " - on these trades. (well, what I feel the philosophy behind the idea is anyway)

I realised Its what I do naturally when things go well - but I don't look at when I fritter gains away. Also allowing price to move in my direction rather than showing off picking extremes

Although it was a pending order - it was a very short term one - not one of my " monthly chart gambles"

only a little trade, but significant for the psyche - and a nice way to finish the week

2015-05-15_1320.png
2015-05-15_1320.png (106.29 KiB) Viewed 969 times

not often my trading shows up so green - As I have said before I am usually a 70/30% man :oops:

2015-05-15_1342.png
2015-05-15_1342.png (33.25 KiB) Viewed 966 times
Last edited by Captain Pugwash on Fri May 15, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Fri May 15, 2015 3:34 pm

Just to help those struggling with direction (me, often :) )

I find I trade better when I am actively marking up charts - even if I cant trade because of something getting in the way

I prefer M15 for this particular pa - but the m5 just looked more sexy in this case - nice add near the top on the m5 as well

A reaction off (or in) the yellow box makes me feel there is something to LEAN on - same on the long (but the grey box below)

edit -btw the fact the red line and yellow box align is not important - the important bit is the reaction takes place around the expected area (what you want to see, where you expect to see it)

2015-05-15_1523.png
2015-05-15_1523.png (60.27 KiB) Viewed 960 times

and the big picture "why" of it.

2015-05-15_1532.png
2015-05-15_1532.png (69.72 KiB) Viewed 960 times

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:16 am

Just had a dreadful couple of weeks - I think I have totally forgotten how to trade!! - so much so that I have decided to reduce my risk rather than do any further account damage.

So I recon its time to take stock - regroup - find the problem (me) before going on the attack again.

I did not want these words lost or buried so I re-posted them here.

MightyOne wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
Large charts are by far the easiest to trade;

I actually came to Kreslik to teach this crazy short term traders to trade long term, but somehow we intermixed and became hybrids :D

Now I believe that best way is to find balance between minor & major chart periods.

But TRO says,
"price is the same on all timeframes".
\:D/

Price is the same on all time frames but if price alone were sufficient then one would not need to use statistics; and what do bodies/wicks show but probabilities favoring one side of a line or other over a given period of time.

Price has an important role and so do pips, but my focus is time & space as one needs to literally warp the fabric of the universe to achieve the 'impossible'. :lol:

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:45 am

Whilst I'm about it I wanted to re-post this chart (thanks Geoff). Which was an issue for me as the wick in the direction of loss I initially read in the direction of profit - these areas did confuse me - easily done :)

there was a recent post by MO on this very pa (I remember the doji before the break) - I have to find and add it now

2015-06-07_0003.png
2015-06-07_0003.png (27.41 KiB) Viewed 822 times

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:18 pm

Just had a dreadful couple of weeks - I think I have totally forgotten how to trade!!

One looks at a hammer and wonders why it doesn't build things as it did before & then one gives it some
nails but it continues to stare back blankly; only when you find yourself can you return to success.

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:50 pm

Captain Pugwash wrote:Whilst I'm about it I wanted to re-post this chart (thanks Geoff). Which was an issue for me as the wick in the direction of loss I initially read in the direction of profit - these areas did confuse me - easily done :)

there was a recent post by MO on this very pa (I remember the doji before the break) - I have to find and add it now

2015-06-07_0003.png
2015-06-07_0003.png (27.41 KiB) Viewed 791 times

I found the post- eventually 8) :shock: - glad I searched as maybe there is more to this post than meets the eye

Anyway:-

MightyOne wrote:I wanted to exit at the red 'x' but all I get is a small HH, not enough to get out, and then the doji hits and I know what I'm in for.
Mr Jack Daniel's whispers in my ear "let them", huh?, "let them short 100, they will fail and we will have a good laugh".

Sure enough there is a giant bullish bar to zero them out...& normally that would be a great time to just GTFO but this situation is a little different because now we are dealing with false resistance as more traders attempt the short again.

Price stops at 100 and the next doji seals the deal; it is now 99.999% that price will push higher.

Instead of being afraid of what is happening you can simply put yourself in the other guys shoes & then recall the 10,000 times you've seen such a trade play out...anyways, the chart:

2015-06-07_1543.png
2015-06-07_1543.png (115.79 KiB) Viewed 792 times

Was also watching the EU WickZone short, irritated that no attempt was made to re-short.

Short term trading is not my thing, but it sure beats going to bed :lol:

Oh! - here is my file- in case anyone finds it useful

Return to “general”