Let's talk about leading (not lagging) indicators

everything that doesn't belong elsewhere cometh here

Moderator: moderators

PTG

Postby PTG » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:10 pm

Patch wrote:What do you mean by if you see H4 "bodys to body"? What is body to body? Open-Close of 2 candles side by side, like rail road tracks? one up one down? thx, jb

Put on an H4 chart.
Look at the extremes, highs and lows, where the semaphores appear

What do you see ? Bodies with the same open/close.. or body to body if you will.

Let this sink in for a moment or two or however long it takes for you to SEE what this means :shock:

Then go back and re-read Dragon's post.

Repeat until you SEE.

Call it what you want - leading indicator, pedictive pattern, money machine :shock: who cares ?

Words are not of importance. Draining BANKS is !!

THIS is SO bleedin' obvious - another ELEPHANT in the ROOM.. :shock: :smt106

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

PTG

Postby PTG » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:18 pm

flinux wrote:I totally agree.
It's quite simple to enter right in the market. It's more difficult to know when you MUST QUIT.

Quit when you are in such a position that others take your money away. Don't let yourself be zeroed out. That's all there is to, nothing more, nothing less. Easy stuff, really. Read the Never Lose Again thread, start with the last couple of weeks.

You need to develop a sense for the overall direction of the market. Go with the flow from the moment the market turns. Stop when it turns on you or when your predefined s/l is hit. Make sure your profit is bigger than your s/l over and over again. See your account grow and be happy ! :D

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:25 am

I think the key issue is that people don't even know why market turns. The big boys know where your stops are and would do whatever to shake you out. Round/even even number resistance/support exists because they are where people put their stops!! (You can use it to your advantage)

Another thing I have learnt is that common perception is not always the truth, and might hurt your trading. Learn to think independently and objectively. Think like the big boys and outside the "square".

I do agree that money and risk management are the paramount factors in trading...

Lis
"Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know neither your enemy or yourself, wallow in defeat every time." - Sun Tzu

marypipins

Postby marypipins » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:40 pm

I hope this thread keeps going and folks don't lose interest. Is anyone trading price action only? By that I mean no indicators except a s/r line and a trend line but thats about it. I think its a good way to train yourself to see price. It takes a bit to develop the "eye" to see but imho its a good foundation to lay in order to see and understand the market.
Lisa
"Give and it shall be given unto you"

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:39 pm

Patch wrote:dragon33

What do you mean by if you see H4 "bodys to body"? What is body to body? Open-Close of 2 candles side by side, like rail road tracks? one up one down? thx, jb

Yes two body side by side (close and open)

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:43 pm

marypipins wrote:Lisa

My experience has amounted to little more than me pulling my hair out and screaming at the screen. IMHO the only nonlagging indicator, if you call it an indicator, is support and resistance. Using that along with following the trend at least gives us a clue as to where price may or maynot go. I use murrey math lines to help visualize s/r. Murrey lines, like an engine not sure how it works but if I turn the key and it starts thats all I care about.
Lisa

I told it before! Watch the H4 open, close, high and lows. H4 is the leading chart. Everyone of these price will be a zero for major support or resistance!
Those areas are also nice to chose your targets.
Just watch it!

Humble

Postby Humble » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:39 pm

Unfortunate thing about the H4 chart is they are not all the same. Brokers have different start of day times, some let you change this some don't.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

noone22

Postby noone22 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:26 am

jefe wrote:As far as leading indicators... I watch AUD/USD, it'll give you a 10sec headstart

Interesting to know, it is headstart against what.

patriotstef

Postby patriotstef » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:24 pm

I think I have one example of what I've been getting at right here... The Commitments Of Traders Report

http://www.cftc.gov/marketreports/commi ... /index.htm

This is where the big/smart money all is apparently. Does anyone know how exactly to read it or where a more simplified report of this data is?

RicG

Postby RicG » Sat May 10, 2014 1:22 pm

SPAM!!!!
(Disclaimer - This post is for educational purposes only. Always consult a licensed investment professional before taking any trade. Any trade you take is at your own risk.)

Return to “general”