zlines, semafor and more, oh my!

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
newark18
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:32 am
Reputation: 0
Real name: James
Gender: Male

zlines, semafor and more, oh my!

Postby newark18 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:05 am

Ok, I read through pages and pages of threads trying to learn trading strategies. And I am just learning to go through the motions because i don't understand certain concepts. I hope that this thread will change that. I would like to get a deep understanding of the various important concepts talked about in each thread.

1. zeroline - What the hell is this? I read that it is the area where that is profit held or something like that. What does that mean? And how would I figure it out without the zline indicator? What am I looking for as prices move to the area?

2. semafor - I just know that people look for reversals after its formation and the number 3 semafor creates the biggest reversal or something like that. What is it? How is the 1 semafor created? 2 semafor? and finally the 3 semafor? And why it is so important?

3. Mightzones - What is this? I looks like areas where there were resistance or support but I couldn't explain it fully.

4. Momo - I know that it means momentum but how do you identify it? People say that they see increasing momentum but I can't see why/ Des it relate to the increasing size of candles to signify increasing momentum? I think that certain wicks can represent decreasing momo but would like a definite description.

5. Dyn fibs = Again, I see people using this as support and resistance but I don't know how they are created and why we should treat them as important areas. Any explanation would be helpful.

These questions may sound rudimentary but really most of these concepts are not fully explained in the threads unless I am not reading the right threads. Most of the time, I read on hoping to understand these concepts at a later point. Well, maybe some people can help out and have a discussion with me.

Thanks for reading.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Re: zlines, semafor and more, oh my!

Postby es/pip » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:35 am

newark18 wrote:Ok, I read through pages and pages of threads trying to learn trading strategies. And I am just learning to go through the motions because i don't understand certain concepts. I hope that this thread will change that. I would like to get a deep understanding of the various important concepts talked about in each thread.

1. zeroline - What the hell is this? I read that it is the area where that is profit held or something like that. What does that mean? And how would I figure it out without the zline indicator? What am I looking for as prices move to the area?

2. semafor - I just know that people look for reversals after its formation and the number 3 semafor creates the biggest reversal or something like that. What is it? How is the 1 semafor created? 2 semafor? and finally the 3 semafor? And why it is so important?

3. Mightzones - What is this? I looks like areas where there were resistance or support but I couldn't explain it fully.

4. Momo - I know that it means momentum but how do you identify it? People say that they see increasing momentum but I can't see why/ Des it relate to the increasing size of candles to signify increasing momentum? I think that certain wicks can represent decreasing momo but would like a definite description.

5. Dyn fibs = Again, I see people using this as support and resistance but I don't know how they are created and why we should treat them as important areas. Any explanation would be helpful.

These questions may sound rudimentary but really most of these concepts are not fully explained in the threads unless I am not reading the right threads. Most of the time, I read on hoping to understand these concepts at a later point. Well, maybe some people can help out and have a discussion with me.

Thanks for reading.


i responded to your pm telling you to post your q's and i would answer them------ as far as the zl/mz stuff goes all the answers are in the threads--- and i would think you should have already gotten what i am going to say from the thread---- so i will do what i said i would do :D

even though it doesnt seem you spent very much time on it :roll:


1. a zl marks an area of held profit. What is held profit? it is an area where other traders took a position and are holding their trade/profit. (see chart 1) the yellow line shows where other traders went long and are holding a profit from---- this is a Zline.

2. i dont use them

3. a mighty zone is an area where momentum has increased from and can provide s/r. you can use the rule of 2x previous bar ---- so if a bar forms and the next bars BODY is 2x as big then 50% of that bars body is the MZ---- see chart 2----- the box is the MZ

any line inside of the MZ can be a ZL

4. momo increases and decreases via the size of the candle bodies---- if you have larger bodies than prev. then momo is increasing--- and vice vrsa

this is also relative to bars in the past as well----

5.. i dont use them

this is all i will go into on this, as i have said the same exact things 1k times

you honestly just need to spend a lot of screen time on it and you will see it----

i have tried and tried to explain what MO has shown and have come to the conclusion that it cannot be explained and one must see it on their own

Image

Image
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
Patch
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:13 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Virginia
Real name: Jeff
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby Patch » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:40 am

es/pip

You are a soft touch like me.

You are the best of the best,

Patch
InVA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:43 am

Patch wrote:es/pip

You are a soft touch like me.

You are the best of the best,

Patch
InVA


lol i dont know about that

i either come off like an ass or somewhat tolerable at times :D
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
bredin
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1032
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:41 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby bredin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:19 am

es/pip is right, When you see it you see it and nothing on earth can make you see it if you cant. Until you can. See?

G. (thanks es/pip, btw, for posting soooo many charts until I couldnt help but see it on mine)
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
tmanbone
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:52 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Re: zlines, semafor and more, oh my!

Postby tmanbone » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:02 am

es/pip wrote:
newark18 wrote:Ok, I read through pages and pages of threads trying to learn trading strategies. And I am just learning to go through the motions because i don't understand certain concepts. I hope that this thread will change that. I would like to get a deep understanding of the various important concepts talked about in each thread.

1. zeroline - What the hell is this? I read that it is the area where that is profit held or something like that. What does that mean? And how would I figure it out without the zline indicator? What am I looking for as prices move to the area?

2. semafor - I just know that people look for reversals after its formation and the number 3 semafor creates the biggest reversal or something like that. What is it? How is the 1 semafor created? 2 semafor? and finally the 3 semafor? And why it is so important?

3. Mightzones - What is this? I looks like areas where there were resistance or support but I couldn't explain it fully.

4. Momo - I know that it means momentum but how do you identify it? People say that they see increasing momentum but I can't see why/ Des it relate to the increasing size of candles to signify increasing momentum? I think that certain wicks can represent decreasing momo but would like a definite description.

5. Dyn fibs = Again, I see people using this as support and resistance but I don't know how they are created and why we should treat them as important areas. Any explanation would be helpful.

These questions may sound rudimentary but really most of these concepts are not fully explained in the threads unless I am not reading the right threads. Most of the time, I read on hoping to understand these concepts at a later point. Well, maybe some people can help out and have a discussion with me.

Thanks for reading.


i responded to your pm telling you to post your q's and i would answer them------ as far as the zl/mz stuff goes all the answers are in the threads--- and i would think you should have already gotten what i am going to say from the thread---- so i will do what i said i would do :D

even though it doesnt seem you spent very much time on it :roll:


1. a zl marks an area of held profit. What is held profit? it is an area where other traders took a position and are holding their trade/profit. (see chart 1) the yellow line shows where other traders went long and are holding a profit from---- this is a Zline.

2. i dont use them

3. a mighty zone is an area where momentum has increased from and can provide s/r. you can use the rule of 2x previous bar ---- so if a bar forms and the next bars BODY is 2x as big then 50% of that bars body is the MZ---- see chart 2----- the box is the MZ

any line inside of the MZ can be a ZL

4. momo increases and decreases via the size of the candle bodies---- if you have larger bodies than prev. then momo is increasing--- and vice vrsa

this is also relative to bars in the past as well----

5.. i dont use them

this is all i will go into on this, as i have said the same exact things 1k times

you honestly just need to spend a lot of screen time on it and you will see it----

i have tried and tried to explain what MO has shown and have come to the conclusion that it cannot be explained and one must see it on their own

Image

Image


Agree with Patch, this was an admirable reply. Practice, Patience, and Persistence is key.

my 2 cents
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

User avatar
newark18
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:32 am
Reputation: 0
Real name: James
Gender: Male

Postby newark18 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:25 pm

First, thanks for your replies. It may seem like I haven't read a lot, but I feel like I've read through hundreds of pages. I guess I'm a little slow. Or my perception of time is different than yours (I have 4 kids and work long hours so I only get to study during my free time).

1. ZLs - Without the use of indicators, how can we identify a zeroline? How do we know that a particular line is where traders are holding profit? How do we know that they have kept their profit by the time we get back to that area?

2. MZ - This was very helpful.
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

User avatar
noushina
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:50 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Fukushima Japan
Gender: None specified

Postby noushina » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:05 pm

If you want a visual - go to blubb's free indicator thread and download the MZ and Zline indicators. Then see where they are drawn.

You will notice if you adjust the settings on his zline indicator that it will draw the zline at the top of the MZ or the bottom (you have to remove mz indicator to see the zlines it draws through).

Anyway that helps give a visual perception of mz and zline.

Blubbs indicators draw the zone on pretty much any bar that is twice as big as the last one, so a lot of them are probably not useful.

The best looking mz is when there was a real large bar - a large green one then the mz will be the bottom half of the bar. (Sort of like a fib retrace to the 50% line).
Last edited by noushina on Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:14 pm

newark18 wrote:First, thanks for your replies. It may seem like I haven't read a lot, but I feel like I've read through hundreds of pages. I guess I'm a little slow. Or my perception of time is different than yours (I have 4 kids and work long hours so I only get to study during my free time).

1. ZLs - Without the use of indicators, how can we identify a zeroline? How do we know that a particular line is where traders are holding profit? How do we know that they have kept their profit by the time we get back to that area?

2. MZ - This was very helpful.


i hear ya on the time-----

it just takes a lot of screen time looking at it before it clicks



1. by the way the chart looks. If you have an area that it is obvious that traders took a position--- that is a ZL. you know they are holding profits because of the way the bars form. If you have a breakout, the price moves up and holds above the breakout--- then you have traders that are long holding a profit. Where they took that position is the zl.

the idea of all this is.

the market starts to move everyone jumps in feeling they will miss the move. the pros take the market back down getting all the traders that went long the breakout out at BE, and then they buy it from that area.


my suggestion to you is to post charts in the ZL thread marking them the way you think is correct. then people will tell you what is wrong and how to fix it. Having too much stuff spread out over many threads is just a pain in the ass. so post in the lukz cfabian ZL thread and someone will help you
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
newark18
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:32 am
Reputation: 0
Real name: James
Gender: Male

Postby newark18 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:41 pm

noushina wrote:
You will notice if you adjust the settings on his zline indicator that it will draw the zline at the top of the MZ or the bottom (you have to remove mz indicator to see the zlines it draws through).

....

The best looking mz is when there was a real large bar - a large green one then the mz will be the bottom half of the bar. (Sort of like a fib retrace to the 50% line).


Noushina,

Is the mightyzone alway in the middle of the green or red boxes drawn by MZ indicator? Is that where I should expect to see the most resistance?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “beginners forum”