And so it began!

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

canyon

And so it began!

Postby canyon » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi All,

Just thought I would introduce myself. I am Canyon. :o

I have been meaning to get in to trading for a while now, but never had the courage or the funds, to give it a proper go. I am now looking to take the plunge and I would be grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of how to set myself up.

I have spent the last few days/weeks reading tech analysis and more recently TROs ideas on trading and my mind is a bit confused.

I would like to start trading for pips before I start trading for coin and I would like to gather what the best/most efficient charting software would be to use.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Canyon

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

noone22

Postby noone22 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:39 am

If you have money, you may spend thousands on books, ebooks, seminars, trading systems, etc & still end up with more confusion & broken account.

If you want to do it yourself for free - take couple of TRO indicators (TRO BUYZONE & MILK THE COWS for example) and learn all about them. Start paper (simulated) trading. Don't trade for money, if you're confused. Untill you're 105% confident - don't start real trading. You may - but you're risking evaporating your account.

From my knowledge, the best charting package is TradeStation (in terms of quality of graphic, speed, functionality, maintenance, etc) - it's also a trading doom - and you could trade virtually everything from under it.
It's not so easy (and cheap) to set up it - but with plenty of free indicators indicators for it - you may win with TS in a long-term run.
Another good charting - is eSignal, but you need to have trading doom on top of it, and pay around $100 monthly fee for data feed (unless your broker is providing it). There are no much free indicators for eSignal - so you could be limited with it.

To trade just Forex - free MetaTrader4 (as avearge charting package & trading platform) coould be good starting point. There are hips of free indicators & expert advisers for it on this forum and in the whole net as well. MT4 charts are not the best ones (limited in resolution & functionality), but they're doing the job quite well.

Return to “beginners forum”