A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
newscalper
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:58 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Female

Postby newscalper » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:35 pm

Hell I don't know if that's right but 20 pips up atm.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
newscalper
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:58 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Female

Postby newscalper » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:45 pm

Out for 20 pips, could have had more but had to go out so moved stop Doji style.

User avatar
newscalper
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:58 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Female

Postby newscalper » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:22 pm

Image

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:01 pm

newscalper wrote:
MightyOne wrote:There is no resistance until price closes lower than something.

I would avoid drawing lines altogether and simply ask your inner child what it sees.

Get a pint of liquor and keep sipping until it all makes sense; that is how I learned ;)

That could be a single red bar after a perceived high. It closed lower than the high. And I'm sure we're all beyond taking 1 bar reversals?


If we are beyond taking one bar reversals then we are beyond taking all reversals.

You knit rules into a comfort blanket, but this same blanket obstructs your view. If you burn your blanket, if you wrap yourself in discomfort, then you will see deeply and your internal understanding will grow.

For the purpose of space/stacking this is how you are to trade:

-Your 'position' is a stop loss order on a larger chart, there is no way around this!
-When you 'add' you are trailing your stop along the chart as price is moving in your favor.
-When you 'add' you are cutting your risk box and increasing your reward multiples.
-If you ignore the above universal laws of making money then you error greatly.
-Your entries literally do not matter if you have good position; if price is not moving towards your stop then it is moving away from your stop, that is all she wrote.
-Acceptable risk levels & large profit targets determine where you should enter.
-Timing is the '10% skill' part of trading.

User avatar
dojirock
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby dojirock » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:41 pm

An ah=ha moment?

nice.... dont lose the focus..
try to expain what your doing....
write it down....

once you find a way to SEE it....Dont change a thing.
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
newscalper
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:58 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Female

Postby newscalper » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:18 pm

dojirock wrote:An ah=ha moment?

nice.... dont lose the focus..
try to expain what your doing....
write it down....

once you find a way to SEE it....Dont change a thing.


I don't know what I see Doji, I thought I saw today but the last two H4 bars have yet again proven me wrong

User avatar
newscalper
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:58 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Female

Postby newscalper » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:24 pm

MightyOne wrote:
newscalper wrote:
MightyOne wrote:There is no resistance until price closes lower than something.

I would avoid drawing lines altogether and simply ask your inner child what it sees.

Get a pint of liquor and keep sipping until it all makes sense; that is how I learned ;)

That could be a single red bar after a perceived high. It closed lower than the high. And I'm sure we're all beyond taking 1 bar reversals?


If we are beyond taking one bar reversals then we are beyond taking all reversals.

You knit rules into a comfort blanket, but this same blanket obstructs your view. If you burn your blanket, if you wrap yourself in discomfort, then you will see deeply and your internal understanding will grow.

For the purpose of space/stacking this is how you are to trade:

-Your 'position' is a stop loss order on a larger chart, there is no way around this!
-When you 'add' you are trailing your stop along the chart as price is moving in your favor.
-When you 'add' you are cutting your risk box and increasing your reward multiples.
-If you ignore the above universal laws of making money then you error greatly.
-Your entries literally do not matter if you have good position; if price is not moving towards your stop then it is moving away from your stop, that is all she wrote.
-Acceptable risk levels & large profit targets determine where you should enter.
-Timing is the '10% skill' part of trading.


So you're saying that everything re zline - forget it?

What's always puzzled/worried me re the space approach is this:


Image



Image

Image

roctao
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:50 pm
Reputation: 4
Location: backwoods tennessee
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby roctao » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:04 am

Hey news I hope you don't mind me offering my two cents,.. take all that you are working toward and throw it out and go back to price action only.
You are way over thinking all of it to the point that you are failing to see any of it. You will get this.. the day after you let go of it.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:46 am

So you're saying that everything re zline - forget it?


Yes, there are days when I wish that I could just sit you down at a table with a red pen and a ruler. :lol:

User avatar
newscalper
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:58 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Female

Postby newscalper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:05 am

MightyOne wrote:
So you're saying that everything re zline - forget it?


Yes, there are days when I wish that I could just sit you down at a table with a red pen and a ruler. :lol:


Draw me some red clown cheeks and hit me over the head with the ruler

:lol:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “beginners forum”