A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

judokamak

Postby judokamak » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Great "play by play" doji, very helpfull. Thanks.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:14 am

dojirock wrote:Start to finish. Applies to anytime frame (i just like the short ones) Any pair. I have my favorites though. I put the notes on each chart.

It seems like you're back on track after our skypechat ;-)
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:30 pm

MightyOne wrote:I still don't understand how news lost 25% in one trade...
I can understand if it were a 167 pip gap move after doubling my lots, drunk off my ass staring at a picture I was going to post but now believe to be my actual chart window (has happened); but other than that, damn!

Explain =)

Not 25pct on one trade. Never said that. 25%dd on the year.
And Jal - account was 10% in dd already, no 'space' to apply. Thanks anyway.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:32 pm

dojirock wrote:Nice trading raw.

News, always plan your trading rules and trade your plan. Step by step. You seem to be reading the momentum correctly. If you use sema's like I do, define your rules for them which will occur after your RB momentum observation. I also have always used and ema rule. I notice on your charts no visual of a bias. When I post charts its almost always the entry chart, not the bias plan. What do you use, or how do you see your bias. I have listed many examples in this thread, from RB boxes on higher time frame, BB Bands, Macd, momentum behind us Dragon style. Never trade without a bias, we will just be giving our equity away when we do. The below chart has short and long trades based on hard set rules, non discretionary. That follows a bias. I dont know how you see a bias....we all see it differently. If my bias was from a 20 min or longer chart I would have no long trades on the pic below. My bias is based on a 8 min chart, my entries on a 5 min. The next pic gives an example using the macd(awesome indicator if used correctly) So a break down, determine a bias direction, then I look for momentum breaks using my RB(rockboxes). I trade away from higher number sema's only if RB's show the way, other wise I trade toward higher sema's. When to pull the trigger? When above the ema for shorts and below for longs. Take Profits, when im happy, just becomes second nature.
I never add to losers.... and stack to my winners...

doji

Thank you for all the work on these, will print out and study in depth. One thing I see if that you're now only using runs of bars for boxes and ignoring the singular, otherwise there are ones on there you're not drawing. Another thing that's blown my mind, is, and I@ve only looked cusroarly for a start - why doesn't the bias zone logic also apply to the H4 chart 0 the one where you've set the alarm - you've basically see the start of a 123 forming with a potential higher low. BUT, if yo apply the bias zone principle to the H4 the zone for short has not been broken to the upside so you're trading against the long term bias at that point?

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Yes! Thank you! I find I lose focus over time and can almost feel a feeling of defeat at times. Posting what I know to be true draws my focus back to trade what I know is true when other distractions tend to drag me from what has been a blessing. Its very helpful for me to interact with like traders and post to get focus back. Helping others all ways helps me also. It shows in my stats. Thank you Dragon for keeping the open door for me to come and get put back on track when I get that feeling of being lost.

doji

dragon33 wrote:
dojirock wrote:Start to finish. Applies to anytime frame (i just like the short ones) Any pair. I have my favorites though. I put the notes on each chart.

It seems like you're back on track after our skypechat ;-)
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:52 pm

News,

I find almost every sema on the 4hr is tradable for some points. I have developed the discipline to wait for the sema and then the RB confirmation to go using the lower time frames. Very few of my trades come late after the 1st confirmation. If I don't get in on the 1st confirmation or near it...I will wait for next sema. Not always the 4hr, sometimes the hourly. Im still a 2 time frame trader. For some reason, which I am ok with not knowing now, that 3rd time frame always throws doubt in my analysis. That doubt always causes me to trade foolishly or paralyzes me, so I don't do it anymore. Two time frames is where I have learned to find my success.
Attachments
eurjpyh4bias_146.png
eurjpyh4bias_146.png (103.19 KiB) Viewed 320 times

FXfreak

Postby FXfreak » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:13 pm

hi guys,

nearly a year went by as i had some webinars with doji.

His insights were really helpful but up to now i'm still not a profitable trader.

I will show my trades here in the next days/weeks/months...i hope to get some input ......i wanna see the final light...

doji, great work in the thread!! it is nice to have somebody who is successfull but sometimes also struggles with market...

guys, enjoy the day!
fx

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:24 pm

After all of your analysis, when you finally place a trade, you are left with a stop loss that only moves from poor judgement or to normalize risk after adding size.

Is price higher or lower than something & do I have a solid reason, based on experience, to reverse the bias; that is all analysis is and it all boils down into where you would place your stop.

If you are still confused then just think of bias as trading towards signals (breakouts for example) of larger charts.

You might see price trigger a signal, stall, and then start to make a run towards stops/zero line or you might see follow through and a quick rally.

You are always trading your largest chart be it 1 hour or 56 hours; remember this when you are playing with seconds or minutes & you should be just fine.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:35 am

I look forward to it fx....

MO, awesome advice as usual. We tend to forget the simplest basics.

doji

raw

Postby raw » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:01 pm

2 trades

Just closed early on current trade.

Lots of wicking this morning, just watch for closes. Over/Under.
Attachments
eurusdm15.png
eurusdm15.png (35.07 KiB) Viewed 365 times
eurusdm15a.png
eurusdm15a.png (33.23 KiB) Viewed 365 times

Return to “beginners forum”