TRO BUY ZONE - KEEP IT SIMPLE

post your indicators here

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: TRO BUY ZONE - KEEP IT SIMPLE

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:19 pm

Columba wrote:LeM --

You mentioned earlier that larger BZs would be good, more successful. Makes sense to escape the whipsawing around some open number. At some point price is moving away. I have been looking at this matter without too much confidence since most pairs might need a slightly different BZ range perhaps based on the ATR.

I knew a guy who set up a BZ at +/- 25 on each side of the open. A basket of pairs. Worked well for awhile until the daily ranges receded to some smaller number. The daily range of many pairs could argue for the larger zone and leave ample room for a TP of some size. Maybe 25 is too high, though.

I suppose the issue here is to escape some amount of whipsawing while not establishing the zones at too wide levels. A delicate balance I think. Of course, TRO has sorted out statistically that the 8-10 on each side works pretty well. It seems to be for you!

You have successfully set your BZ to your 0000 (my 1900). I have waited for the Tokyo open another hour later which is not especially convenient for your time zone. It also quiets down the spreads a bit more.

I have tried opening later in my evening on a set and forget basis as I head off to sleep. Mixed results on a small sample. This is really creating a new BZ at a non-traditional time (Einstein, I suppose, only with wider zones). The 2100 hour candle, and often 2200 also, on Asian and Pacific pairs tends to be a decent mover. I like the AJ on this. Big spread on the GA, but it moves. Of course, the GN is more of the same with an even higher spread. If you get the direction right you can absorb the spread here (usually).

Have you formed any tentative conclusions yet . . . I'm afraid my approach is more trial and error than rigorous analysis.

Just wondering where you might be on this.

TRO has already come in on this, you've had your wrist slapped :P , so all good (I'm not the one he slapped, so I'm fine! :D )

What I would have said anyway, is that I have absolutely zero interest in re-inventing the wheel. The amount of work done by TRO is good enough for me and I didn't once consider re-running the stats of any kind on the BZ.

For me, I am happy to make use of the indi and let it do its stuff. When I say I have adjusted sizes, all I am talking about is multiplying by 10-factors for pairs like The DAX, so I get the same line spacing across the board. I am also only really interested in the first line, so not the zone itself, as such.

I also should point out once again, that I am not running the subtleties of entries that JHX uses on his thread (I didn't even know there were these kind of entries!). All I am doing is entering the trade as price crosses that first line and taking what I can get. I don't actually even need the second line if it comes right down to it.

I use directional bias in the form of only trading away from the weekly open.

I have also only made note here of the first move. There have been many, many, times when I could have had multiple entries on the day.

If I get to the point of running this seriously, then I would no doubt look at adding a counter-trade element if price entered, failed to make the profit and then retraced. However, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:38 pm

Today's runners and riders...

P=Profit
L=Loss
M=Missed
NA=No trade

225JP ''P''
AC ''NA''
GU ''P''
UC ''P''
CJ ''P''
GN ''P''
Dollar Index ''P''
S&P ''P''
UNok ''P''
GOLD ''P'' *
EA ''P'' *
EG ''NA''
AU ''P'' *
CAC40 ''P'' *
DAX ''P''
UChf ''P''
EJ "P"
GJ ''P''

Ok. So...

Today we have four asterix pairs. Reason being because there is a possibility that these would have probably failed to clear the spread...just.

All of them hit tp (sorry, ''P'') on the reverse.

However, I know myself too well - and I know that in a real-world situation, if I got that close to clearing the profit and saw it stall, then I would have closed it out for what I could get.

If I was running this as a true-blue test, with the need for real statistical validation, then I would get into all that nitty-gritty but this is just me jawin' here, guys. So, this is as detailed as it's going to get.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:27 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Evening all.

Well...I hope you are all sitting down for this. Shocking news...just shocking. We...had...a...loss.

P=Profit
L=Loss
M=Missed
NA=No trade

225JP ''P''
AC ''L'' Reverse move: ''P'' Next directional move: ''P''
GU ''P''
UC ''P''
CJ ''P''
GN ''P''
Dollar Index ''P''
S&P ''P''
UNok ''P''
GOLD ''P''
EA ''P''
EG ''NA''
AU ''P''
CAC40 ''P''
DAX ''P''
UChf ''P''
EJ "P"
GJ ''P''

You mention a caveat of only trading away from the weekly open. It looks like a decent filter. Just thinking of that I can see some different ways the markets respond to it.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

ia1979

Postby ia1979 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi all, at the start of thread AAPL was mentioned a lot and it made sense because stocks tend to not whipsaw as much as Forex pairs from what I can see. Is the sweet spot for AAPL still 0.10? Thanks for your help guys. TRO in your most recent posts you have been focusing more on NZDUSD. Is that still the way to go?

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:39 am

ia1979 wrote:Hi all, at the start of thread AAPL was mentioned a lot and it made sense because stocks tend to not whipsaw as much as Forex pairs from what I can see. Is the sweet spot for AAPL still 0.10? Thanks for your help guys. TRO in your most recent posts you have been focusing more on NZDUSD. Is that still the way to go?

I see a string of meaningless words; I have no idea what you are saying.
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

ia1979

Postby ia1979 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:17 pm

IgazI wrote:
ia1979 wrote:Hi all, at the start of thread AAPL was mentioned a lot and it made sense because stocks tend to not whipsaw as much as Forex pairs from what I can see. Is the sweet spot for AAPL still 0.10? Thanks for your help guys. TRO in your most recent posts you have been focusing more on NZDUSD. Is that still the way to go?

If you have no idea of what I'm talking about, perhaps you should not be contributing here then. What I have said makes perfect sense if you've been following the thread. I'm asking if the buy zone still works on AAPL buying/selling 0.10 away from the open price. I am also asking if TRO prefers to use NZDUSD for the buy zone strategy as he has shared a lot of charts for this specific pair. Do my questions make sense now?

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:46 pm

Yes, buy zone is still 0.10 for stocks that are "cows".

I have been showing USDJPY not NZDUSD in my videos.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:48 pm

IgazI wrote:

BE NICE!

This is Kreslik, not those other trading forums.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:17 pm

Howdy folks.

Back from hols. The world has turned. Buy Zone still works.

I'm going to be easing myself back in for the rest of the week, planning on getting back to speed from next Monday.

Hope everyone's all good.

ROBOTRON9796

Postby ROBOTRON9796 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:58 pm

[quote="TheRumpledOne"]TRO BUY ZONE - KEEP IT SIMPLE

Guys are you explaining here to do the session on MT4 ?

please advise :)

Return to “Tradestation indicators”