yale student

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2007
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1511
Gender: None specified

Re: yale student

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:46 pm

paweldobkowski wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
paweldobkowski wrote:
im scared of DAX!
what you like about it?


The fact that it looks completely unpredictable but actually isn't.

Yes, you don't necessarily know when something is going to happen but when it does happen, it tends to react the same way it did the last time that particular thing happened.

There is a huge element of learned behavior and that suits my mindset. I like to study behaviour patterns.

I also kinda' like the fact that I know it can turn and bite my arm off at any given time. It keeps me honest and on my toes.

It's a Monster but it's my Monster.


with ya

the unpredictability can be an edge
amazing point of view

dax is a prop nightmare
i have a huge respect for dax traders
i know it takes dedication
i knew one dax trader
we used to laugh at him for picking dax
and then something clicked for him
and he absolutely BLEW past us

he was saying that you need to watch PA in zones
rather than single levels

you got a similar experience?


Ha, I've never thought of it like that but yes, your friend was onto something there. The DAX will move at the Open and then settle in an area. In the case of FX, that usually means a narrow range at a level and it's difficult to do much until the next move. However, The DAX will sit in, as you say, a zone and it is actually a great place to get to work, as price will follow those repeatable patterns around that zone and it is usually pretty easy to see when the second big move of the day will come. You will notice how often I use fibs inside these zones, that's no random choice.

Lol, I knew something I didn't know I knew! :P

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 347
Gender: Male

Re: yale student

Postby aliassmith » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:33 pm

aliassmith wrote:
paweldobkowski wrote:
paweldobkowski wrote:bought some
volatile
tight on stop


+19 on that one

God Bless America


family quality time now
i might be inactive tomorrow boys
we'll see how it goes

have a great day

I knew that US session would treat you right.
Dinner is on you tonight!


I just came back to the PC and got a nice short for plus +10 entry was 64.12
then a -4 short and +7 short
+5 short
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 347
Gender: Male

Re: yale student

Postby aliassmith » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:44 am

aliassmith wrote:
paweldobkowski wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Now you miss the short from 64.43ish #-o +8
The move at around 8:46am not the wacky open.


it reversed from right where i left it?
then im pretty sure we broke the low
because the buyer is fked

im sure i missed some great PA


After the open settled there was a decent short from 64.40 for +9

Wonder if it will make it down to 63.50 zeroline today?


Look at that it did get down to 63.50
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

paweldobkowski
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 814
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:12 am
Reputation: 108
Gender: Male

Re: yale student

Postby paweldobkowski » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:13 am

LeMercenaire wrote:Ha, I've never thought of it like that but yes, your friend was onto something there. The DAX will move at the Open and then settle in an area. In the case of FX, that usually means a narrow range at a level and it's difficult to do much until the next move. However, The DAX will sit in, as you say, a zone and it is actually a great place to get to work, as price will follow those repeatable patterns around that zone and it is usually pretty easy to see when the second big move of the day will come. You will notice how often I use fibs inside these zones, that's no random choice.

Lol, I knew something I didn't know I knew! :P


oh
so he wasnt lying
he was makin BAGS on this dax
i thought he mightve said that just so we would leave him alone :wink:

anyway
very cool that you worked out this market
im gluten free intolerant

paweldobkowski
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 814
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:12 am
Reputation: 108
Gender: Male

Re: yale student

Postby paweldobkowski » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:20 am

aliassmith wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
paweldobkowski wrote:
it reversed from right where i left it?
then im pretty sure we broke the low
because the buyer is fked

im sure i missed some great PA


After the open settled there was a decent short from 64.40 for +9

Wonder if it will make it down to 63.50 zeroline today?


Look at that it did get down to 63.50


amazing trading Alias
and great call with those 50s yesterday
on point man
love it

i really like stopping everyday by Kreslik again
especially this topic with You guys here
it's kinda like the old days
thanks for that!
im gluten free intolerant

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

paweldobkowski
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 814
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:12 am
Reputation: 108
Gender: Male

Re: yale student

Postby paweldobkowski » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:33 am

i just got back home from a little trip with the family
opened the shop for a few minutes while replying to stuff here
and bought CL
by the time i finished it went from around 70s to my tp @ 90s
i didnt get the screenshot because i thought i would have more time to do that lol

look at this

Image

its basically the biggest move of the day

Image

only one trade and i get that?
how fkn lucky was it?
unbelieveable

keep em comin crude :wink:
im gluten free intolerant

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 347
Gender: Male

Re: yale student

Postby aliassmith » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:00 pm

paweldobkowski wrote:i just got back home from a little trip with the family
opened the shop for a few minutes while replying to stuff here
and bought CL
by the time i finished it went from around 70s to my tp @ 90s
i didnt get the screenshot because i thought i would have more time to do that lol

look at this

Image

its basically the biggest move of the day

Image

only one trade and i get that?
how fkn lucky was it?
unbelieveable

keep em comin crude :wink:


It does have nice movement, trades about what E$ is per tick, and you can put decent size on. Thanks OPEC!
Last edited by aliassmith on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 347
Gender: Male

Re: yale student

Postby aliassmith » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:01 pm

If I am to get another job at some point I would want it to be an analyst.
These people put out a report saying "it looks like crude is going down"
The next day they say "It looks like crude is going up"
The day after they say "It looks like crude is range bound"

That job takes no skill, I'll spend the other 23 hours of my day on cruises.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 347
Gender: Male

Re: yale student

Postby aliassmith » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:02 pm

9:00 bar short +18
9:29 bar short +6
9:43 bar short +2

Goal achieved!!!!

Log Off or feed the beast?
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

paweldobkowski
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 814
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:12 am
Reputation: 108
Gender: Male

Re: yale student

Postby paweldobkowski » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:37 pm

sold .61
im gluten free intolerant

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”