The deadzone

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
youyouyou
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:24 pm
Reputation: 77
Location: US
Gender: Male

Re: The deadzone

Postby youyouyou » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:14 pm

48dz5min.PNG
48dz5min.PNG (86.18 KiB) Viewed 609 times

49dz11hr1hr1hr.PNG
49dz11hr1hr1hr.PNG (41.81 KiB) Viewed 609 times


Just a quick comment about these trades that demonstrate the pitfalls of not having a bias. I had to scratch several trades because I was following price around as it flicked across both edges of the lower wickzone. ](*,)
Last edited by youyouyou on Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2298
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1725
Gender: None specified

Re: The deadzone

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:55 pm

I don't plan on posting a chart every day - I have my own yard to tend and I don't want to distract from youyouyou's project - but it was just too good a chance to show what for me now is a perfect set up that came up on the UK100 chart today.

Reason being, that the box-range was bounded by an established and strong Supply Zone, so I had the directional bias I am looking for now. This meant that I was looking at the knowledge that this would be a Short Wick Zone entry and not be caught out by the sucker-move Long break.

The ADR also comes into play and you really couldn't have drawn it up better.

UK 100 Dead Zone Short Only

.UK100.H1asperfectDZshortbias9thapril19.png
.UK100.H1asperfectDZshortbias9thapril19.png (45.57 KiB) Viewed 594 times

User avatar
youyouyou
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:24 pm
Reputation: 77
Location: US
Gender: Male

Re: The deadzone

Postby youyouyou » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:27 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:I don't plan on posting a chart every day - I have my own yard to tend and I don't want to distract from youyouyou's project - but it was just too good a chance to show what for me now is a perfect set up that came up on the UK100 chart today.

Reason being, that the box-range was bounded by an established and strong Supply Zone, so I had the directional bias I am looking for now. This meant that I was looking at the knowledge that this would be a Short Wick Zone entry and not be caught out by the sucker-move Long break.

The ADR also comes into play and you really couldn't have drawn it up better.

UK 100 Dead Zone Short Only

.UK100.H1asperfectDZshortbias9thapril19.png





I trade from the Oanda web trading platform, which doesn’t offer a s/d indi. I need to learn to draw these by hand…er, well mouse. I said this earlier in the thread, and I haven’t lived up to my word. Everybody seems to recommend Sam Seiden videos, so I guess that's where I'll start.

User avatar
youyouyou
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:24 pm
Reputation: 77
Location: US
Gender: Male

Re: The deadzone

Postby youyouyou » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:32 pm

While I had a fake-out filled session yesterday, today couldn’t have been much cleaner. \:D/


410dzdzdz.PNG
410dzdzdz.PNG (43.63 KiB) Viewed 558 times

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2298
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1725
Gender: None specified

Re: The deadzone

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:48 pm

youyouyou wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:I don't plan on posting a chart every day - I have my own yard to tend and I don't want to distract from youyouyou's project - but it was just too good a chance to show what for me now is a perfect set up that came up on the UK100 chart today.

Reason being, that the box-range was bounded by an established and strong Supply Zone, so I had the directional bias I am looking for now. This meant that I was looking at the knowledge that this would be a Short Wick Zone entry and not be caught out by the sucker-move Long break.

The ADR also comes into play and you really couldn't have drawn it up better.

UK 100 Dead Zone Short Only

.UK100.H1asperfectDZshortbias9thapril19.png





I trade from the Oanda web trading platform, which doesn’t offer a s/d indi. I need to learn to draw these by hand…er, well mouse. I said this earlier in the thread, and I haven’t lived up to my word. Everybody seems to recommend Sam Seiden videos, so I guess that's where I'll start.


I'd say stay away from the Sam Seiden school for anything more than the very basics. The man, the myth, the...yawn...

I'll look out a couple of links for you.

As for Oanda, for one of my live brokers, I use their online platform - basically cTrader - and that too doesn't offer S+D, so I get that.

What I would say, is that is there no way you can have a mirror chart, on a laptop or whatever, that you can run an mt4 based broker on and chart from that?

That's what I do.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
IgazI
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:28 pm
Reputation: 217
Gender: None specified

Re: The deadzone

Postby IgazI » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:57 am

youyouyou wrote:
I trade from the Oanda web trading platform, which doesn’t offer a s/d indi. I need to learn to draw these by hand…er, well mouse. I said this earlier in the thread, and I haven’t lived up to my word. Everybody seems to recommend Sam Seiden videos, so I guess that's where I'll start.


Oanda uses a stripped down version of Trading View; if you sign up with TV and connect to Oanda you get a much better experience.

If you enter 'pine script pdf' in your search bar then you will find well written instructions on how to code indicators for TV; it's like Python, it's so simple.

pdf.png
pdf.png (50.63 KiB) Viewed 422 times

User avatar
IgazI
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:28 pm
Reputation: 217
Gender: None specified

Re: The deadzone

Postby IgazI » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:22 pm

I was searching for a full description of the Dead-zone but I haven't been able to locate it as yet.

One of the most powerful and underrated ideas, here at Kreslik, is that of trading in only one direction:

1. the time that you would usually spend in analysis is converted into time spent making money.
2. you do not suffer from analysis paralysis and are not shy about pulling the trigger because you
have accepted that you don't know what the future holds.
3. you cannot be whipsawed or miss out on moves in your chosen direction; if you get knocked down you get up
and run full speed toward the resistance like a zombie.
4. there is a greater sense of peace in trying to do something rather than trying to be something.
5. you cannot miss out as ~50% of the bars are green, ~50% are red, and ~100% where one color and then the other.

You can even do some really basic filtering to make sure that you have the best of it:
you could only take trades if a perceived trend has been broken and go short from each bars zone.

Some moves are better than others, but you're sure to get at least 50% red candles this way; or you could only trade
green candles, it really doesn't matter, so long as you don't do both.

dzt.png
dzt.png (109.16 KiB) Viewed 416 times

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2298
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1725
Gender: None specified

Re: The deadzone

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:59 pm

IgazI wrote:I was searching for a full description of the Dead-zone but I haven't been able to locate it as yet.

One of the most powerful and underrated ideas, here at Kreslik, is that of trading in only one direction:

1. the time that you would usually spend in analysis is converted into time spent making money.
2. you do not suffer from analysis paralysis and are not shy about pulling the trigger because you
have accepted that you don't know what the future holds.
3. you cannot be whipsawed or miss out on moves in your chosen direction; if you get knocked down you get up
and run full speed toward the resistance like a zombie.
4. there is a greater sense of peace in trying to do something rather than trying to be something.
5. you cannot miss out as ~50% of the bars are green, ~50% are red, and ~100% where one color and then the other.

You can even do some really basic filtering to make sure that you have the best of it:
you could only take trades if a perceived trend has been broken and go short from each bars zone.

Some moves are better than others, but you're sure to get at least 50% red candles this way; or you could only trade
green candles, it really doesn't matter, so long as you don't do both.

dzt.png


That's 'coz there isn't one.

It kind of morphed naturally over time on Billy's thread ''Over There'' and although there are points along the way that I kind of pulled together breakdowns of the method, there was never any one place it was stored.

After a suggestion from TooSLow that I look at how EJ behaved, I picked up the ball and ran with it.

Basically we trade the ''dead air'' of the hour before the US Open.
Range of that hour.
Breakout.
Target +5 (% in my case, just as easily pips, points or whatever).

There was (is) a set pair-listing, which I came up with after looking for pairs with the same kind of movement profile. This had a few added along the way but pretty much settled down into a solid list of options. They are always listed in the order of preference on the thread (I would post up every day's charts, just for the record).

That is the heart of it. However as I said, I morphed it into something that contained more subtlety.

I added Wick Zone trading.

I added counter-trading.

Then directional bias, in the form of S+D.

Lately I have incorporated ADR.

UC is the star performer. It just keeps on churning them out, day after day. It is also the best for running the thing as a clean break of extremes, not using WZ back into the body and countering.

Interestingly - and perhaps understandably - once I added the bias info into the mix, the order-of-preference took a hit and tbh became less important, as I gave more weight to those set ups that had that aspect as backing to the move.

Oh and I always preferred using the WZ move back into the body rather than the clean break. It's in the blood now!

I will use fibs dropped over the range I am using to give me micro-scalps as the trade is running, especially if I am in a counter-trade situation and looking to unwind a ''bad'' trade.

Hope that helps. As always, feel free to ask any questions.

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2298
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1725
Gender: None specified

Re: The deadzone

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:08 pm

While I'm here and for illustrative purposes, here's today's candidate.

In fact it was a particularly poor and slow day today, with this the only half-decent set up. Or at least the only one I got to before the boredom of tracking through every pair set in anyway.

Worked out all right.

Dead Zone GJ Long Bias.

GBPJPYH1asonehalfdecentDZoptionlongbias25thapril19.png
GBPJPYH1asonehalfdecentDZoptionlongbias25thapril19.png (46.13 KiB) Viewed 397 times

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2298
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1725
Gender: None specified

Re: The deadzone

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:11 pm

Double entry on that, with the first off the original candle and then the second off the retrace and bounce.

I ignored the break as I didn't need it and tbh it didn't at any time make me think that there was going to be any significant movement out of this today. I would have taken a single point and been happy if it had shown a sign of stalling during the moves.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “beginners forum”