TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
Captain Pugwash
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 502
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:59 am
Reputation: 136
Location: Insanitary Industries
Gender: Male

Re: TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

Postby Captain Pugwash » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:11 pm

HIYA TYGER
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
TygerKrane
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1653
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:36 pm
Reputation: 255
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male

Re: TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:09 pm

Hey Mira, LeM, Cap'n!!!

I'm looking forward to keeping track of my weekly trading activity on here again.

It's not like I stopped trading all this time, I spent nearly as much time looking at charts as I've done any other year...
However, I must admit that not keeping a public trading journal (or any trading journal at all, for that matter), had a negative impact on my ability to trade responsibly.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1567
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1313
Gender: None specified

Re: TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

Postby LeMercenaire » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:19 am

TygerKrane wrote:Hey Mira, LeM, Cap'n!!!

I'm looking forward to keeping track of my weekly trading activity on here again.

It's not like I stopped trading all this time, I spent nearly as much time looking at charts as I've done any other year...
However, I must admit that not keeping a public trading journal (or any trading journal at all, for that matter), had a negative impact on my ability to trade responsibly.


Journals are interesting psychologically, in that they can keep a trader on track with a stated method, however that same feeling of being watched does not always sit well with those uncomfortable with having someone looking over their shoulder.

For me, chatting and posting on the threads help with my tendency to "footer" with open trades - on those that last longer than my usual 30 seconds anyway, lol - as as a full time trader, staring at a blank wall isn't a lot of fun.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 279
Gender: Male

Re: TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

Postby aliassmith » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:03 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:Hey Mira, LeM, Cap'n!!!

I'm looking forward to keeping track of my weekly trading activity on here again.

It's not like I stopped trading all this time, I spent nearly as much time looking at charts as I've done any other year...
However, I must admit that not keeping a public trading journal (or any trading journal at all, for that matter), had a negative impact on my ability to trade responsibly.


Journals are interesting psychologically, in that they can keep a trader on track with a stated method, however that same feeling of being watched does not always sit well with those uncomfortable with having someone looking over their shoulder.

For me, chatting and posting on the threads help with my tendency to "footer" with open trades - on those that last longer than my usual 30 seconds anyway, lol - as as a full time trader, staring at a blank wall isn't a lot of fun.


It can help with the isolation of being a self employed trader, but it can also be a distraction.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1567
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1313
Gender: None specified

Re: TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

Postby LeMercenaire » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:13 pm

aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:Hey Mira, LeM, Cap'n!!!

I'm looking forward to keeping track of my weekly trading activity on here again.

It's not like I stopped trading all this time, I spent nearly as much time looking at charts as I've done any other year...
However, I must admit that not keeping a public trading journal (or any trading journal at all, for that matter), had a negative impact on my ability to trade responsibly.


Journals are interesting psychologically, in that they can keep a trader on track with a stated method, however that same feeling of being watched does not always sit well with those uncomfortable with having someone looking over their shoulder.

For me, chatting and posting on the threads help with my tendency to "footer" with open trades - on those that last longer than my usual 30 seconds anyway, lol - as as a full time trader, staring at a blank wall isn't a lot of fun.


It can help with the isolation of being a self employed trader, but it can also be a distraction.


Oh absolutely but I think if you are looking to trade seriously and still let yourself be distracted by a forum (or FaceBook or Twatter) or even the TV, then you are not ready to be a full time trader.

Learning to deal with distractions is just as big a part of trader training as learning how mt4 works.

In my case, I initially would not let myself trade unless it was in my dedicated office space, as I was far too easily distracted by anything other than trading, lol.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
TygerKrane
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1653
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:36 pm
Reputation: 255
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male

Re: TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:04 am

Maybe I am using the word 'journaling' wrong?

I am just going to continue doing what I've been doing here on Kreslik:
♤reporting my weekly gain/ loss - to keep me from being an excessive gambler, due to having any visions of grandeur or overconfidence in a particular analysis
♤reporting the number of trades placed in a week - to gauge how active I have been
♤(maybe) reporting my account's weekly high/low - to show how much volatility my account has gone through. (This depends on if I can easily get the numbers from my broker's trade reports.)
♤And showing some screenshots of mostly the winning trades, with a few losers thrown in.


The hardest part was just getting over my ego and any embarrassment from showing my consistent losses to the world. Once I got over that, the 'journaling' became a really useful tool that I really want to stick with.

Other than that, unfortunately I won't be able to start trading this week :cry:

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1567
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1313
Gender: None specified

Re: TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:57 pm

TygerKrane wrote:Maybe I am using the word 'journaling' wrong?

I am just going to continue doing what I've been doing here on Kreslik:
♤reporting my weekly gain/ loss - to keep me from being an excessive gambler, due to having any visions of grandeur or overconfidence in a particular analysis
♤reporting the number of trades placed in a week - to gauge how active I have been
♤(maybe) reporting my account's weekly high/low - to show how much volatility my account has gone through. (This depends on if I can easily get the numbers from my broker's trade reports.)
♤And showing some screenshots of mostly the winning trades, with a few losers thrown in.



The hardest part was just getting over my ego and any embarrassment from showing my consistent losses to the world. Once I got over that, the 'journaling' became a really useful tool that I really want to stick with.

Other than that, unfortunately I won't be able to start trading this week :cry:


Seems like a pretty good description of ''journaling'' to me :D

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “beginners forum”