How to be a MOnster

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
BambinoFlex
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:40 am
Reputation: 70
Location: Houston
Real name: Jorge Alvarado
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby BambinoFlex » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:46 pm

Mira wrote:I took two losses on NU because i wanted to trade back (long) to the bearish zline.. i noticed that it works many times but maybe there's too much volatility lately.
However, i reversed when it closed below for the second time.
Covered + profit, done for the day.
Have a great weekend everybody :D

NZDUSDM5.png


Good job, can't be mad at a recovery like that!
Trading the TRO way

"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2204
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 622
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby aliassmith » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:53 pm

Mira wrote:I'm looking at myself now and i see that i became a scalper :lol:

(Canceled that buy limit because price never filled it :cry: )
USDCADM5.png

GBPJPYM5.png


Everyone has their own personality and a style that works best for them.
I am mostly a short term trader with a hold time of a few minutes to a couple hours.

Made 50 something pips shorting the EUR/CAD in about 50 minutes.
Made 10ish pips shorting the EUR/JPY in about 10 minutes.
Hold times vary, but pips are pips.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
BambinoFlex
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:40 am
Reputation: 70
Location: Houston
Real name: Jorge Alvarado
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby BambinoFlex » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:08 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Mira wrote:I'm looking at myself now and i see that i became a scalper :lol:

(Canceled that buy limit because price never filled it :cry: )
USDCADM5.png

GBPJPYM5.png


Everyone has their own personality and a style that works best for them.
I am mostly a short term trader with a hold time of a few minutes to a couple hours.

Made 50 something pips shorting the EUR/CAD in about 50 minutes.
Made 10ish pips shorting the EUR/JPY in about 10 minutes.
Hold times vary, but pips are pips.


=D> =D> =D>
Trading the TRO way

"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1688
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1578
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:21 pm

Closed for a mistake .. that "TrendLine-trade-EA" that is on the top-right corner of the pic is an Expert that i use to close automatically the trade when a bar closes over a specified line.
The problem that i always forget is that if you change time frame while the EA is turned on it closes the open trades immediately, and here i am :lol:

The real target was the lower dashed line..that was reached, however, i earned more than the 50% of expected result and i'm happy with it.

I love how price respects "momo lines" for entries and targets
NZDUSDM5.png
NZDUSDM5.png (69.4 KiB) Viewed 223 times


NZDUSDH1.png
NZDUSDH1.png (59.98 KiB) Viewed 223 times
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

User avatar
BambinoFlex
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:40 am
Reputation: 70
Location: Houston
Real name: Jorge Alvarado
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby BambinoFlex » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:23 pm

Mira wrote:Closed for a mistake .. that "TrendLine-trade-EA" that is on the top-right corner of the pic is an Expert that i use to close automatically the trade when a bar closes over a specified line.
The problem that i always forget is that if you change time frame while the EA is turned on it closes the open trades immediately, and here i am :lol:

The real target was the lower dashed line..that was reached, however, i earned more than the 50% of expected result and i'm happy with it.

I love how price respects "momo lines" for entries and targets
NZDUSDM5.png

NZDUSDH1.png



If that's all the EA does, I can create one for you and it won't do that. That way you don't have to have so many charts opened with different timeframes.
Trading the TRO way

"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1688
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1578
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:31 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
Mira wrote:Closed for a mistake .. that "TrendLine-trade-EA" that is on the top-right corner of the pic is an Expert that i use to close automatically the trade when a bar closes over a specified line.
The problem that i always forget is that if you change time frame while the EA is turned on it closes the open trades immediately, and here i am :lol:

The real target was the lower dashed line..that was reached, however, i earned more than the 50% of expected result and i'm happy with it.

I love how price respects "momo lines" for entries and targets
NZDUSDM5.png

NZDUSDH1.png



If that's all the EA does, I can create one for you and it won't do that. That way you don't have to have so many charts opened with different timeframes.


Daamn it would be great! :smt007 Thank you :P
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

User avatar
BambinoFlex
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:40 am
Reputation: 70
Location: Houston
Real name: Jorge Alvarado
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby BambinoFlex » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:35 pm

Mira wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:
Mira wrote:Closed for a mistake .. that "TrendLine-trade-EA" that is on the top-right corner of the pic is an Expert that i use to close automatically the trade when a bar closes over a specified line.
The problem that i always forget is that if you change time frame while the EA is turned on it closes the open trades immediately, and here i am :lol:

The real target was the lower dashed line..that was reached, however, i earned more than the 50% of expected result and i'm happy with it.

I love how price respects "momo lines" for entries and targets
NZDUSDM5.png

NZDUSDH1.png



If that's all the EA does, I can create one for you and it won't do that. That way you don't have to have so many charts opened with different timeframes.


Daamn it would be great! :smt007 Thank you :P


How do you do it. Does your line have a specific name/color?
Trading the TRO way

"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1688
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1578
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:36 am

BambinoFlex wrote:
Mira wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:

If that's all the EA does, I can create one for you and it won't do that. That way you don't have to have so many charts opened with different timeframes.


Daamn it would be great! :smt007 Thank you :P


How do you do it. Does your line have a specific name/color?


I give the name “cclose-“ to the horizontal line and it closes the trade when a bar closes over it, it’s a very basic EA.
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

User avatar
BambinoFlex
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:40 am
Reputation: 70
Location: Houston
Real name: Jorge Alvarado
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby BambinoFlex » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:13 pm

Mira wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:
Mira wrote:
Daamn it would be great! :smt007 Thank you :P


How do you do it. Does your line have a specific name/color?


I give the name “cclose-“ to the horizontal line and it closes the trade when a bar closes over it, it’s a very basic EA.



Sounds good, I'll post it in a few hours. Just to make sure, you want it to close on:

1. Candle Close (not efficient on japanese candles)
2. MID cross
3. ASK cross
4. BID cross
5. Ask for Buy and Bid for Sell

I tend to use the MID line but that's at my choice, not sure if it's the best way to do it.
Trading the TRO way

"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1688
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1578
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:38 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
Mira wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:
How do you do it. Does your line have a specific name/color?


I give the name “cclose-“ to the horizontal line and it closes the trade when a bar closes over it, it’s a very basic EA.



Sounds good, I'll post it in a few hours. Just to make sure, you want it to close on:

1. Candle Close (not efficient on japanese candles)
2. MID cross
3. ASK cross
4. BID cross
5. Ask for Buy and Bid for Sell

I tend to use the MID line but that's at my choice, not sure if it's the best way to do it.


I'm posting an example because i'm not very good at english.. :lol:
Let's say that the cyan horizontal rectangle is the line that i'm trading away from. If price stays below that line i'm not closing that trade, if H1 closes above i'm out.. The EA that i have does it right but there's no way to declare the time frame of the "close over condition" (H1 in this case), so if i'm switching randomly to another time frame it closes the trade with no reason..

EURUSDH1.png
EURUSDH1.png (46.99 KiB) Viewed 165 times
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”