How to be a MOnster

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1688
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1577
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:54 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
Mira wrote:Sometime i'd just want a volatility stop :lol:

USDJPYH1.png


Hey Mira, just curious, how do you trade the zemaphore (semaphore?). I tried but I do not understand it. It repaints badly, or do I need to take it for another test drive lol

I'm guessing you wait for candle to close and then trade with the zema. Haven't tried it, but curious.


I don't know if i'm using it in the "right" way but, when the current price is drawing a 3 sema i know that price is high/low enough to call it high or low (or HH and LL) and i trade away from there. It gives me informations about price but it doesn't signal a trade.
Every time that price breaks over a HH/LL it makes a new HH/LL so it doesn't repaint, not more than price.

I usually look for a 3 sema to validate a reversal trade and at least for a 2 for a continuation trade, it looks mechanical at first but then you keep it on the chart and your brain start to assimilating it. :smt024
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
BambinoFlex
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:40 am
Reputation: 66
Location: Houston
Real name: Jorge Alvarado
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby BambinoFlex » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:30 pm

Mira wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:
Mira wrote:Sometime i'd just want a volatility stop :lol:

USDJPYH1.png


Hey Mira, just curious, how do you trade the zemaphore (semaphore?). I tried but I do not understand it. It repaints badly, or do I need to take it for another test drive lol

I'm guessing you wait for candle to close and then trade with the zema. Haven't tried it, but curious.


I don't know if i'm using it in the "right" way but, when the current price is drawing a 3 sema i know that price is high/low enough to call it high or low (or HH and LL) and i trade away from there. It gives me informations about price but it doesn't signal a trade.
Every time that price breaks over a HH/LL it makes a new HH/LL so it doesn't repaint, not more than price.

I usually look for a 3 sema to validate a reversal trade and at least for a 2 for a continuation trade, it looks mechanical at first but then you keep it on the chart and your brain start to assimilating it. :smt024


Gotcha, its like a momentum filter. It's possible that if you buy, you're buy high. Also Mira, do I have to quote the whole thread or can I just tag the person?
Trading the TRO way

"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2475
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1904
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby LeMercenaire » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:25 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
Mira wrote:Sometime i'd just want a volatility stop :lol:

USDJPYH1.png


Hey Mira, just curious, how do you trade the zemaphore (semaphore?). I tried but I do not understand it. It repaints badly, or do I need to take it for another test drive lol

I'm guessing you wait for candle to close and then trade with the zema. Haven't tried it, but curious.


This is a popular misconception. SEMA does not repaint, it recalculates as price moves on.

However, what this does mean, is that you should never use an after-the-fact chart to prove what would have happened. It is only valid as a live or up-to-the-minute chart.

User avatar
BambinoFlex
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:40 am
Reputation: 66
Location: Houston
Real name: Jorge Alvarado
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby BambinoFlex » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:52 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:
Mira wrote:Sometime i'd just want a volatility stop :lol:

USDJPYH1.png


Hey Mira, just curious, how do you trade the zemaphore (semaphore?). I tried but I do not understand it. It repaints badly, or do I need to take it for another test drive lol

I'm guessing you wait for candle to close and then trade with the zema. Haven't tried it, but curious.


This is a popular misconception. SEMA does not repaint, it recalculates as price moves on.

However, what this does mean, is that you should never use an after-the-fact chart to prove what would have happened. It is only valid as a live or up-to-the-minute chart.



Make sense, I was going to ask the difference between repainting and recalculating, but I think I got it. When it repaints, as long as the chart isn't reset, previous data stays the same. Once the chart is reset, even previous data is reset to better reflect price. A recalculating indi only changes its most recent data, but if the chart was to be reset, previous information will be the same.

That's why you're saying it's good for live observation. Thank you for your comment!
Trading the TRO way

"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

User avatar
Jhx
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:36 am
Reputation: 92
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Jhx » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:46 am

In case you're interested BambinoFlex, these videos by TRO explain in detail how you could use it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnYLiQiorOQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcH9YORRUiQ

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2475
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1904
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:37 am

BambinoFlex wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:
Hey Mira, just curious, how do you trade the zemaphore (semaphore?). I tried but I do not understand it. It repaints badly, or do I need to take it for another test drive lol

I'm guessing you wait for candle to close and then trade with the zema. Haven't tried it, but curious.


This is a popular misconception. SEMA does not repaint, it recalculates as price moves on.

However, what this does mean, is that you should never use an after-the-fact chart to prove what would have happened. It is only valid as a live or up-to-the-minute chart.



Make sense, I was going to ask the difference between repainting and recalculating, but I think I got it. When it repaints, as long as the chart isn't reset, previous data stays the same. Once the chart is reset, even previous data is reset to better reflect price. A recalculating indi only changes its most recent data, but if the chart was to be reset, previous information will be the same.

That's why you're saying it's good for live observation. Thank you for your comment!


That's a better explanation than I could have given! Nice one and spot on.

User avatar
BambinoFlex
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:40 am
Reputation: 66
Location: Houston
Real name: Jorge Alvarado
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby BambinoFlex » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:34 pm

Jhx wrote:In case you're interested BambinoFlex, these videos by TRO explain in detail how you could use it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnYLiQiorOQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcH9YORRUiQ



Thank you JHX
Trading the TRO way

"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1688
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1577
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:33 pm

I'm looking at myself now and i see that i became a scalper :lol:

(Canceled that buy limit because price never filled it :cry: )
USDCADM5.png
USDCADM5.png (58.95 KiB) Viewed 249 times


GBPJPYM5.png
GBPJPYM5.png (51.77 KiB) Viewed 249 times
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1688
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1577
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:18 pm

Paid right

GBPCHFM5.png
GBPCHFM5.png (54.78 KiB) Viewed 205 times
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1688
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1577
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:02 pm

I took two losses on NU because i wanted to trade back (long) to the bearish zline.. i noticed that it works many times but maybe there's too much volatility lately.
However, i reversed when it closed below for the second time.
Covered + profit, done for the day.
Have a great weekend everybody :D

NZDUSDM5.png
NZDUSDM5.png (44.89 KiB) Viewed 199 times
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”