I am leaving Tradestation

Moderator: moderators

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:38 pm

I think you may have misunderstood Michal. They are his client not the other way round.

As far as what you need to do this? You need automated algos that can mint so much money the Bank wants to buy/lease you and your knowledge. Or as Michal told me a couple years ago very succiently... You must KNOW what you are doing.

For those of you looking on, keep in mind you probably don't even need transaction speeds and quotes of this nature. Unless you are trading hundreds of times a day doing arbitrage or market making it would be a complete waste. If this sounds like techno babble to you then you probably don't need to trade directly with a bank.

Most beginners spend way to much time looking for the "perfect" broker or blaming their broker for their crummy trading. They are trading small potatoes so even with an excellent broker they would go broke. Spend your time learning to trade. Find a broker that is "good enough".
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

bredin

Postby bredin » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:16 pm

good call :)

+/- 0.5 pip on spread (eg) is not going to make a good trader lose money, nor a bad one make money.

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

Tresor

Postby Tresor » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:56 pm

eudamonia wrote:I think you may have misunderstood Michal. They are his client not the other way round.

It was my understanding that Michal trades with the banks as an opposite party to banks (or banks' clients) without an intermediatery (a broker).

It was my understanding that Michal is a high net worth individual or a money manager with HNWI clients and the pool he manages suffices for Michal to be recognized as a peer party for banks on the interbank market.

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:58 pm

Sounds like we are both speculating. Perhaps Michal will comment. My information was directly from Michal about two years ago. Things may have changed.

Regardless, for the average retail trader they simply do not have either the financial or mental resources necessary to trade at the interbank level. If they did they wouldn't need to ask anonymous people on the internet for advice.
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:40 pm

eudamonia wrote:Perhaps Michal will comment.

This would be highly appreciated if Michal could find time and will to offer some insight.

eudamonia wrote:Regardless, for the average retail trader they simply do not have either the financial or mental resources necessary to trade at the interbank level.

I agree.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “Tradestation”