I am leaving Tradestation

Moderator: moderators

TomKeough

Postby TomKeough » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:55 pm

blr121970,
Hello, I am a NeoTicker user and although I have not needed to use the software on another computer, it seems like you could just take the USB dongle with you and plug it into your office or other computer.

aspTrader and I both use eSignal and I have no complaints. I trade CBOT and the CME e-minis and the eSignal data is $110 per month including exchange fees. I have the basic charting package since I don't use their charting software.
Hope this helps,
Tom
"We either make ourselves miserable,
or we make ourselves strong.
The amount of work is the same."
- Carlos Castaneda

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:43 am

blr121970 wrote:2. I am extremely worried about data providers. I really don't want to deal with eSignal - esp. after hearing a lot of complaints on elite-trader.
And this at a cost of $180 p.m. Also esignal does not seem to have support for certain symbols like the put-call ratio.
This may not be an issue for Forex traders since NT can connect to some/most providers.
I know NT can interact with IB - but I'd rather not deal with that data.

Do other Futures traders think the same? Your comments are welcome.

blr,

the wonderful thing is you can use any broker or data provider in the world that provides API.

Michal

brwkem

Postby brwkem » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:09 am

If you can use any broker or data provider that provides API, then why is the list of compatible data providers and brokerages so small?

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:12 am

Evalyn Gossett wrote:Hello Michal,

I am new to this discussion and I have been lurking for only a few days.
I do not use TS rather I am considering it. I am also interested in the Vegas strategy.

Are you familiar with this strategy and could you tell me if I purchased NeoTick would I be able to implement Vegas with Neotick. Thanks for any information on this that you might be able to share.

Evg

Evalyn,

then stop considering TS. You will save time, money and nerves.

You can write anything in Neo. Unlike with TS, you can choose out of several industry standard programming languages: C#.NET, Delphi, C++.NET etc. It's a dream! You can write anything you want to! EasyLanguage is a ridiculous plastic children toy compared to C++.NET.

No one says Neo's learning curve is not steeper than that of TS. But then, there are no free lunches. You don't learn to drive a car in one day. If you want to walk for the rest of your life, then go for Tradestation.

[align=center][/align]

I prefer to drive instead:

[align=center][/align]

BigGrin_Smile

Michal
Last edited by michal.kreslik on Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:17 am

brwkem wrote:If you can use any broker or data provider that provides API, then why is the list of compatible data providers and brokerages so small?

Since no one has written an order interface for them yet. I know of people who are working on a universal order interface framework already.

Me myself will be writing an order interface between Neo and Oanda in C#.NET, so that I will be able to use the services of the best development/trading platform together with probably the best FX brokerage around. And this will be automated, so I'll be making money while on beach :) Bye bye Tradestation!

Michal

brwkem

Postby brwkem » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:56 am

If using neoticker requires one to write an order interface, I would think many TS users will stay put.

Tom K what broker are you using with Neoticker?

brwkem

TomKeough

Postby TomKeough » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:06 am

brwkem,
I am using Interactive Brokers and NeoTicker doesn't "require" you to write an order interface, it allows you to write one. NeoTicker has order interfaces already written for the most popular brokers among its users. I am using their IB order interface, however, I will be switching to the NinjaTrader interface for IB in the near future. The NinjaTrader interface is supported by NeoTicker as well.
Hope this helps,
Tom
"We either make ourselves miserable,

or we make ourselves strong.

The amount of work is the same."

- Carlos Castaneda

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:21 am

brwkem wrote:If using neoticker requires one to write an order interface, I would think many TS users will stay put.

brwkem,

precisely as Tom put it - you are not required to write one, just allowed to.

You should realize that Tradestation offers 1 broker while Neo offers 4 brokers.

The real difference is not in the numbers, but rather in a possibility to add new brokers:
  • there will be a growing number of brokers supporting the communication with Neo
  • there won't ever be any new broker offered for trading via Tradestation

It doesn't matter if the new broker will be added by someone else or by you writing the order interface. What matters is that this is just not possible to do with Tradestation at all and given the fact Tradestation has now shifted towards brokerage business, that won't ever be possible in the future.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:48 pm

There are additional brokers supported by Neo, quote:

Brokers supported by NinjaTrader. In this case, NinjaTrader is used as the middleware to connect to your broker.

Another quote:

NeoTicker® uses an extensible architecture so it is possible to support additional brokers.
If you are interested in having a broker supported, please contact our sales team.

How it works:

biotin_max

Postby biotin_max » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:17 pm

Tradestation is a superior platform, and their commissions are quite low.

Opportunities using easy language are basically endless, so are the resources. Back testing was perfectly sufficient, but today 3rd party genetic algorithm optimization and price modulated back and forward testing programs are nothing but new frontiers for the able explorer.

Biggest problem with TS is their atrocious tech and customer support. Especially via e-mail and especially compared to E-trade, ameritrade and the likes.

One more problem is FX non-integration into TS, and the terrible 3 pip spread efx platform.

Alas while Tradestation Technologies remains something of genius, any blame at most should be directed to Tradestation Securities, a different entity.

I'm afraid this post might contain much more helpful and/or/even life changing info than your 'I quit TS cause they wronged me by lagging on the answer' posts.

(Just checking if this post will stick on this board ;))

Return to “Tradestation”