TRO DOPC & TRO BUY ZONE

post your indicators here

Moderator: moderators

xstek

Postby xstek » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:04 am

Hello. EFX has modeled their pricing along the lines of CurreneX, there is a very tight spread plus a fee. Most CX White Lable providers start at $50 per mio, and the fees go down as the volume goes up, with enough volume you can get $15 a mio. I believe that EFX is $50 per mio firm. IB is 20 per mio, but they really are not set up to handle sub standard lots.

Now as far as spreads are concerned, I can place my live EFX and Live CX feeds next to each other and they are pretty close, but there are generally two differences. CX goes to choice far more often than EFX, and you do not get the psychotic mood swings on the CX that you do on a retail feed like EFX.

In other words, on a move down there is always greater movement due to retail panic than on the CX, the EFX market could move 15 or more pips than the CX, until it reverts to mean.

Now as far as the spread is concerned, it must be taken into account in your trading stratagy. The math on this is very simple. If you are trading 3 wide, and your TP is 4 that means that your market must move 10 pips. And that is why it is so hard to scalp dealers who use metatrader, because most of them are at 3 wide, not to mention Gain, fxcm etc. Now this wide spread can effect you entries and exits, and this is where the spread really hurts. 6 total pips is a scalp for forex, so again if that is the case then to actually make 6 you need 12. Generally a good system will have a 2 to 1 risk ratio. So lets say I want to shoot for 6 pips and I am trading 3 wide. Well at 2 to 1, my stop would be 3 pips, plus 3 wide = 9pips. Its really hard to make money consistantly like this, you are starting in a deep hole and then hoping the market moves you not only out of this hole but also to make a profit.

This is why I like EFX, the spreads are reasonable and so are the fees.
Now lets talk about volume naaah lets not.
Later
XSTEK

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:57 am

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THERE IS NO FIXED SPREAD IN FOREX?

I don't want to debate or discuss this. It is a WASTE OF TIME!

All you have to do is sign up for the free efx demo and you can see REAL TIME LEVEL II quotes to see for yourself there is no fixed spread.

Most of the times the difference between bid and ask is 1 pip. During quiet times when some banks go offline, the spread may go to 2 pips or more but I DON'T CARE.

So long are you are NOT trading with a FIXED SPREAD BROKER, you don't have to be concerned with the spread.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

xstek

Postby xstek » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:15 am

Avery since there is no centralized market in FX, there are literally thousands of individual markets in existance. So if someone has an account with FXCM and they are trading 3 wide fixed, in that FX market the spreads are fixed. Now when you move up to a CX provider that does not have fixed spreads this seeems to be more representative of what the "market" truly is. It is interesting that FXCM provides a CX platform, but it is 3 wide also. However no one truly knows what the "market" is because as I said, there is no centralized market. Also, if a trader cannot communicate with the banks, and do RFQ, RFT, the market that trader is participating in is also artificial. One other fact is that even with a CX provider there are "hubs" of liquidity, if you are trading 50 mio a day, you will be in one hub, but if you are trading 1/2 yard you will be in another.

One thing for sure, for the average retail trader it is hard to beat EFX, we use them to live test stratagies before trading OPMs. And while I understand discussion in itself does not make money, the knowledge of how this market works will. It is the differance between "gnosis" and "epignosis", if a trader does not have a deep understanding of the market they trade they are doomed to failure.

Peace

XSTEK

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:59 am

If someone wants to deal with a FIXED SPREAD BROKER and give their money away that is their decision and problem.

I have done my best to expose this FRAUD and let people know about www.efxgroup.com

I stand by my not wanting to waste time discussing this anymore.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat May 26, 2007 10:37 pm

TRO_DOPC Fix

Was using opend(1) instead of opend(0) when d <> d[1].

ELD attached.
Attachments
_TRO_DOPC.ELD
(26.88 KiB) Downloaded 365 times

jana

Postby jana » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:03 pm

_TRO_DOPC indicator help....

Using it in tick charts, the line text and numbers are plotting in the middle to the left edge of the line.

Any way to correct this, to display to the right of the chart? I do not see an option to select where the text plots.

Lines are plotting correctly on the chart.

Thanks

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:08 am

I'll have to look into that.

Tripken

DOPC question

Postby Tripken » Tue May 25, 2010 11:44 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:TRO_DOPC Fix

Was using opend(1) instead of opend(0) when d <> d[1].

ELD attached.

Hi TRO, hope your vacation to Monaco was a success. enjoyed the pictures, thanks.

Hey i'm working on the Gap Fade/BZ strategy in TS. I know you don't code TS but i was hoping you'd take a look.

I'm using DOPC & SMAA_MTC_TRADE (thanks btw, they're great!)

My question is why would the Previous close be different between the two?

AAPL for 05/24/10:
DOPC on chart close is 246.76
SMAA on Radar close is 246.88
if you check the last bar it's 246.88
and on Google finance it's 246.76

does this have to do with the T-Form stuff?
I believe i have the latest versions of both.
Also trying to attach a screen shot.

Interested in the TS donational, are the indicators for stocks or forex or both?

Thanks
[img][img]http://i47.tinypic.com/2z9ibs4.jpg[/img][/img]

Tripken

Postby Tripken » Wed May 26, 2010 1:04 pm

Rechecked this morning and all are correct after date change i assume. Seems they're only different during trading hours, and not all symbols have differences. Strange. I'll check them today.

storobin

Postby storobin » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:43 am

You said "My indicators were using OpenD(0)..." Question: Does the effect _GRIDIRON_II_SR15? I love that indicator!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Christening Presents
Christening Gift Ideas

Return to “Tradestation indicators”