TRO BUY ZONE - KEEP IT SIMPLE

post your indicators here

Moderator: moderators

Jhx

Re: TRO BUY ZONE - KEEP IT SIMPLE

Postby Jhx » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:28 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Jhx wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:''You had me at "I took the Doo-Whah-Bop and subtracted the Fleet-Whop-Whop from the Koobie-Zabie. Then I switched in Mountain Time" :lol: I thought I was only one with a few loose nuts. Good stuff bud.''

The only way to stay sane in this game is to be a little nuts, buddy :P

Right, today's results. The way I have done it is the first ''G'' is tp hit. If ''X'', then first tp failed. After that, the next one is if the retrace / reverse move hit tp and the third, if the second test of the original direction BZ.

EG: if it was ButtCoin ''G'', then it hit tp. If Buttcoin ''X'' ''G'' then the tp is failed but the reverse hits tp. Finally, if Buttcoin ''X'' ''G'' ''G''...ah go on, you've worked it out for yourself by now.

So...Results:

225JP ''G''
AC ''G''
GU ''G''
UC ''G''
CJ ''G''
GN ''G''
Dollar Index ''G''
S&P ''G''
UNok ''G''
GJ (I think...my writing is really bad, it could be EJ again and I'm too lazy to go check. Treat with caution). ''G''
GOLD ''G''
EA ''X'' Just failed to clear spread. ''G'' ''G''
EG Probably NA here, as the upper zone was lined up against a Supply Zone (It would have failed if taken). Retrace ''G'' then ''G''
AU ''G''
CAC40 ''G''
DAX ''G''
UChf ''G''

You will notice that my list seems to have upped its number from the last post. Or maybe it just seems more, I dunno, again, I haven't gone to confirm or whatever. All I can say is that the ones listed here are the full shebang (with the caveat about the GJ that might be EJ).

How do you handle that many pairs / indices at the same time :lol: . I'd go crazy.

[b]Do you have a "fixed" tp for each of those? Or does it change from pair to pair?[/b]

"Right, today's results. The way I have done it is the first ''G'' is tp hit. If ''X'', then first tp failed. After that, the next one is if the retrace / reverse move hit tp and the third, if the second test of the original direction BZ."

Out of curiosity, does that mean that you take the reverse at the other end of the buyzone? (Meaning, you close that given trade and open another in the opposite direction?)

How do you handle that many pairs / indices at the same time :lol: . I'd go crazy.

I split all the pairs over six monitors.However, no, I am not getting all of these. All depends on when the trades trigger (duh).

A handful will always go on the first bar (midnight UK) and often the remainder will spread themselves out.

I am not fussed. If I get some, I get some. If not, hey, ho. This is just a visual test above all. To see how they run. If I get any cash out of it, then it's a bonus.

There will also be a handful that won't go forward, as the spreads are just idiotic a lot of the time - and even more so out of hours. At the moment, I am simply watching behaviour across the pairs.

Do you have a "fixed" tp for each of those? Or does it change from pair to pair?

Most are set to the indi default 8 pips. If certain pairs don't equate - The DAX for instance - then I just adjust to suit. I lock in +2 or +3 and once I have that, I don't let it go back negative. If it goes on, I will let it run and then use some sort of trade management on it. Or just close it whenever it looks like it's run its course.

Out of curiosity, does that mean that you take the reverse at the other end of the buyzone? (Meaning, you close that given trade and open another in the opposite direction?)

In this case, it is purely an observation that price has hit tp if it fails and then reverses the move. Not traded. I am trading in my bias direction only at the moment (unless it's a Monday, in which case there is no real bias usually).

If I take this forward, I would use my own counter-trading trade-management techniques on top of the original method to capture pips on the reverse move.

Thank you for the detailed answer Lem!

(Btw, 6 monitors, that's crazy :lol: )

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:47 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:"G" ??

''EG: if it was ButtCoin ''G'', then it hit tp.''

''G'' = ''Good''

HTP = Hit TP...LOL!

Then I'd have to type three letters instead of one! Where's your time management?!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:51 pm

Jhx wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Jhx wrote:

[b]Do you have a "fixed" tp for each of those? Or does it change from pair to pair?[/b]

"Right, today's results. The way I have done it is the first ''G'' is tp hit. If ''X'', then first tp failed. After that, the next one is if the retrace / reverse move hit tp and the third, if the second test of the original direction BZ."

I split all the pairs over six monitors.However, no, I am not getting all of these. All depends on when the trades trigger (duh).

A handful will always go on the first bar (midnight UK) and often the remainder will spread themselves out.

I am not fussed. If I get some, I get some. If not, hey, ho. This is just a visual test above all. To see how they run. If I get any cash out of it, then it's a bonus.

There will also be a handful that won't go forward, as the spreads are just idiotic a lot of the time - and even more so out of hours. At the moment, I am simply watching behaviour across the pairs.

Do you have a "fixed" tp for each of those? Or does it change from pair to pair?

Most are set to the indi default 8 pips. If certain pairs don't equate - The DAX for instance - then I just adjust to suit. I lock in +2 or +3 and once I have that, I don't let it go back negative. If it goes on, I will let it run and then use some sort of trade management on it. Or just close it whenever it looks like it's run its course.

In this case, it is purely an observation that price has hit tp if it fails and then reverses the move. Not traded. I am trading in my bias direction only at the moment (unless it's a Monday, in which case there is no real bias usually).

If I take this forward, I would use my own counter-trading trade-management techniques on top of the original method to capture pips on the reverse move.

Thank you for the detailed answer Lem!

(Btw, 6 monitors, that's crazy :lol: )

No worries. Ask away.

I re-read that as well and I don't know if it's a little confusing re the tp amount answer. What I meant to say - and will clarify - is that I have the indicator trigger set at default, so at 8 pips. My tp is then +2 or +3 locked-in.

I'm sure you realised that but just to be clear for newcomers or whatever.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:30 pm

Today...

225JP ''G''
AC ''G''
GU ''na''
UC ''na''
CJ ''G''
GN ''G''
Dollar Index ''na''
S&P ''G''
UNok ''G''
GOLD ''G''
EA ''G''
EG ''G''
AU ''G''
CAC40 ''G''
DAX ''G''
UChf ''na''
EJ "G"
GJ ''G''

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:02 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Today...

225JP ''G''
AC ''G''
GU ''na''
UC ''na''
CJ ''G''
GN ''G''
Dollar Index ''na''
S&P ''G''
UNok ''G''
GOLD ''G''
EA ''G''
EG ''G''
AU ''G''
CAC40 ''G''
DAX ''G''
UChf ''na''
EJ "G"
GJ ''G''

Hey Lem, Question for ya. In general, what is the typical stop loss on DAX or S&P? You know think your friendly neighbor Bob. I am not too familiar with these instruments. To clarify, In forex a 10 or 20 pip stop is common intraday.

Edit: I posted in the wrong place, I am not referring to these buyzone trades.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:35 pm

Leoheart wrote:

225JP ''G''
AC ''G''
GU ''na''
UC ''na''
CJ ''G''
GN ''G''
Dollar Index ''na''
S&P ''G''
UNok ''G''
GOLD ''G''
EA ''G''
EG ''G''
AU ''G''
CAC40 ''G''
DAX ''G''
UChf ''na''
EJ "G"
GJ ''G''

Hey Lem, Question for ya. In general, what is the typical stop loss on DAX or S&P? You know think your friendly neighbor Bob. I am not too familiar with these instruments. To clarify, In forex a 10 or 20 pip stop is common intraday.

There's honestly no straight answer to that, Leo. With The DAX, it will very much depend on the kind of trade you're running.

The DAX will buck and lunge about like a mad thing and if you are in a long term trade, you will need to keep it wide. However, it also respects pivots very well, so you can use them to give a line in the sand. Place the stop where it needs to go and adjust your position size.

However, the madness is also a plus when you scalp, as I will look to use the mono involved in that madness to do away with the need for a wide stop. In fact, when scalping, I will counter trade anyway, with a possible Dead Man's Stop placed around one of said pivots.

Even outside of scalping, it is perfectly possible to hit a runner while exposing yourself to a couple of ticks risk if you choose your battles wisely.

With the 500, things will play out smoother and generally omnidirectional re a bias (no micro cycles within cycles like the DAX), so again, you place a stop in a conventional way and it is what it is. Adjust your Dollar risk accordingly.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:43 pm

One thing you don't want to do with The DAX, is get in in the middle of a move so that price is floating about in the middle of nowhere, as it will duck and dive around until it finds solid ground under its feet (hooves?) and makes up its mind where to go.

You need to wait till it is around a pivot, S+D, a 50-Fib, Z-Line or other line-in-the-sand before looking to get involved.

Don't ever chase The Monster, as it will sure as chips turn and bite your head off.

forexmoney

Postby forexmoney » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:34 am

lem, you are a rock star! thank you for all your help and your post great stuff, you answer so many questions here and over there.
it is awesome that you are willing to help so many with their trading. again thank you =D>
the rat zone for life :-D

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:58 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:

225JP ''G''
AC ''G''
GU ''na''
UC ''na''
CJ ''G''
GN ''G''
Dollar Index ''na''
S&P ''G''
UNok ''G''
GOLD ''G''
EA ''G''
EG ''G''
AU ''G''
CAC40 ''G''
DAX ''G''
UChf ''na''
EJ "G"
GJ ''G''

There's honestly no straight answer to that, Leo. With The DAX, it will very much depend on the kind of trade you're running.

The DAX will buck and lunge about like a mad thing and if you are in a long term trade, you will need to keep it wide. However, it also respects pivots very well, so you can use them to give a line in the sand. Place the stop where it needs to go and adjust your position size.

However, the madness is also a plus when you scalp, as I will look to use the mono involved in that madness to do away with the need for a wide stop. In fact, when scalping, I will counter trade anyway, with a possible Dead Man's Stop placed around one of said pivots.

Even outside of scalping, it is perfectly possible to hit a runner while exposing yourself to a couple of ticks risk if you choose your battles wisely.

With the 500, things will play out smoother and generally omnidirectional re a bias (no micro cycles within cycles like the DAX), so again, you place a stop in a conventional way and it is what it is. Adjust your Dollar risk accordingly.

No dammit, I want a straight answer now! Lem you truly are a gentlemen and a scholar.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:28 am

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:

No dammit, I want a straight answer now! Lem you truly are a gentlemen and a scholar.

Lol...OK then...5000 pips on The DAX should keep you safe - usually, lol.

Return to “Tradestation indicators”