NEW INDICATOR - TRO EVALUATOR - YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE THIS!!

post your indicators here

Moderator: moderators

forest

Evaluator

Postby forest » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:45 am

TRO, I really like this idea. To be honest I haven't found too many of your ideas I don't like, but this one stands out.

Just have a few basic questions.

How do I put in an indicator such as a Trix (2 Line) crossover? If you want to just point me to a way to figure it out for myself, that's okay too.

Another indicator I like is the jtHMA.
And two others I follow are the MACD and MACD Histogram for longer trends and then there is the DeMarker which sometimes signals a good reversal point. I have all the DeMarker indicators as supplied by Tom Demark when you buy his books, but am a bit confused as to whether they are allowed to be incorporated into a RadarScreen.

These coupled with TRO Control and Compass with a few Gridiron lines and I am good to go.

Also, have you considered providing the ability to weight the various indicators so we know when to "Load the Boat"?

Thanks,
Forest

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Ali Son

Postby Ali Son » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:20 pm

TRO, BOTH WAYS ARE GOOD, AND IN FACT I HAVE BOTH UP ON MY SCREEN! IT SAVES ME TIME OF HAVING (TRYING) TO LOOK AT TOO MANY THINGS BY SIMPLY ADDING THEM UP FOR AGREEMENT.....IT CAN ALSO BE CALLED THE AGGREGATOR. :-)

I think the above comment about a weight adjustment feature is worthwhile, although not critical. I think an EVEN MORE USEFUL FEATURE to have is to have the ability to MONITOR THE SUCCESS OF SIGNALS FOR % ACCURACY which I conceive as follows:

1) COLUMN THAT KEEPS TRACK OF THE CHOSEN SIGNAL (the blue signal) as such that 2 times out of 5 times the signal triggered the chosen Profit Target was accomplished.

This can be done by:
A) having a feature that let's a user specify the number of periods to monitor for the price increase (e.g., the user can specify that the number of periods to test the signal for yield of chosen profit target is say within the chosen self-input of a range of 1-5 PERIODS). Thus within a self inputed 5 periods, for example, at whatever interval the RS Evaluator is operating, the Evaluatior WAITS until that consequetive period is over and simply tallies whether the signal worked by adding +1 to a running tally of signals.
So
B) A feature whereby the trader can input say 10 cents or $2 AS THE CHOSEN PROFIT TARGET;

C) the tally of successful signals can be described or recorded simply as ( 6/10) say wit the capacity of up to 250 or so instances which can again be chosen by Trader given their individual needs and memory limitations.

If you want to get fancy, instead of just as a fraction, you can provide a column that calculates the actual RUNNING TALLY percentage as WELL--I.E., that the PROFIT TARGET IN (B) IS REACHED.

I THINK THESE FEATURES WOULD TRULY TAKE THIS INNOVATIVE SLOT TO A TRULY INDISPENSABLE TOOL FOR TRADERS TO SEE WHAT WORKS, FREEING THEM FROM HEADACHES AND A FUTILE ATTEMPT TO KEEP TRACK OF WHAT WORKS WITH SAY A 50- 100 STOCKS THAT THEY MIGHT FOLLOW IN RADARSTATION.

THINK ABOUT IT. THIS MIGHT INDEED BE YOUR GREATEST INDICATOR YET...IT ALREADY IS ONE OF YOUR BEST!!!!!!

-OPTIONSWINGS

TheRumpledOne wrote:OPINION'S WANTED

I changed the exits from histograms to lines because sometimes you can't see the exit AND entry.

Which way do you prefer?

Just curious.
Last edited by Ali Son on Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

TheRumpledOne

Re: Evaluator

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:00 am

forest wrote:TRO, I really like this idea. To be honest I haven't found too many of your ideas I don't like, but this one stands out.

Just have a few basic questions.

How do I put in an indicator such as a Trix (2 Line) crossover? If you want to just point me to a way to figure it out for myself, that's okay too.

Another indicator I like is the jtHMA.
And two others I follow are the MACD and MACD Histogram for longer trends and then there is the DeMarker which sometimes signals a good reversal point. I have all the DeMarker indicators as supplied by Tom Demark when you buy his books, but am a bit confused as to whether they are allowed to be incorporated into a RadarScreen.

These coupled with TRO Control and Compass with a few Gridiron lines and I am good to go.

Also, have you considered providing the ability to weight the various indicators so we know when to "Load the Boat"?

Thanks,
Forest

The EVALUATOR needs FUNCTIONS as inputs.

So turn the TRIX into a function that returns 1 value (no outputs variables!).

Then use the fTRIX in the EVALUATOR inputs.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:05 am

Ali Son wrote:TRO, BOTH WAYS ARE GOOD, AND IN FACT I HAVE BOTH UP ON MY SCREEN! IT SAVES ME TIME OF HAVING (TRYING) TO LOOK AT TOO MANY THINGS BY SIMPLY ADDING THEM UP FOR AGREEMENT.....IT CAN ALSO BE CALLED THE AGGREGATOR. :-)

I think the above comment about a weight adjustment feature is worthwhile, although not critical. I think an EVEN MORE USEFUL FEATURE to have is to have the ability to MONITOR THE SUCCESS OF SIGNALS FOR % ACCURACY which I conceive as follows:

1) COLUMN THAT KEEPS TRACK OF THE CHOSEN SIGNAL (the blue signal) as such that 2 times out of 5 times the signal triggered the chosen Profit Target was accomplished.

This can be done by:
A) having a feature that let's a user specify the number of periods to monitor for the price increase (e.g., the user can specify that the number of periods to test the signal for yield of chosen profit target is say within the chosen self-input of a range of 1-5 PERIODS). Thus within a self inputed 5 periods, for example, at whatever interval the RS Evaluator is operating, the Evaluatior WAITS until that consequetive period is over and simply tallies whether the signal worked by adding +1 to a running tally of signals.
So
B) A feature whereby the trader can input say 10 cents or $2.

C) the tally of successful signals can be described or recorded simply as ( 6/10) say wit the capacity of up to 250 or so instances which can again be chosen by Trader given their individual needs and memory limitations.

If you want to get fancy, instead of just as a fraction, you can provide a column that calculates the actual RUNNING TALLY percentage as WELL.

I THINK THESE FEATURES WOULD TRULY TAKE THIS INNOVATIVE SLOT TO A TRULY INDISPENSABLE TOOL FOR TRADERS TO SEE WHAT WORKS, FREEING THEM FROM HEADACHES AND A FUTILE ATTEMPT TO KEEP TRACK OF WHAT WORKS WITH SAY A 50- 100 STOCKS THAT THEY MIGHT FOLLOW IN RADARSTATION.

THINK ABOUT IT. THIS MIGHT INDEED BE YOUR GREATEST INDICATOR YET...IT ALREADY IS ONE OF YOUR BEST!!!!!!

-OPTIONSWINGS

TheRumpledOne wrote:OPINION'S WANTED

I changed the exits from histograms to lines because sometimes you can't see the exit AND entry.

Which way do you prefer?

Just curious.

LOL.. I already wrote an indicator like that... _TRO_PIP_PROFIT!!

ELD attached
Attachments
TRO_PIP_PROFIT.ELD
(3.71 KiB) Downloaded 375 times

forest

Re: Evaluator

Postby forest » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:24 am

Thanks for the direction. Will give it a shot.
Forest

Ali Son

Postby Ali Son » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:28 am

NOT QUITE. I TOOK A LOOK AT IT. CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG, BUT IT DOESN'T :

1) KEEP TRACK OF THE SELF-GENERATED (POTENTIALLY 8 INPUTS AGGREGATED INTO 1 SIGNAL THAT IS IN THE EVALUATOR) FOR

2) A SELF-CHOSEN TEST TIMFRAME, PROFIT ON THAT SIGNAL AND

3) A RUNNING (SINCE INCEPTION) TALLY OF # OF HITS OUT OF TOTAL SIGNALS GIVEN (SINCE INCEPTION) FOR CRITICAL EXAMINATION OF THE SUCCESS OF THE SIGNALS.

ANYONE OF THESE WOULD BE AN IMPROVEMENT ON THE EVALUATOR...ALL OF THEM WOULD BE, AS DUKE ELLINGTON USED TO SAY, "BEYOND CATEGORY."

-OS

[/quote]

LOL.. I already wrote an indicator like that... _TRO_PIP_PROFIT!!

ELD attached[/quote]

Ali Son

Postby Ali Son » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:19 am

It's what you kind of had in mind when you wrote the AATM. I think these ideas to improve the Evaluator is what you were really trying to do but fell short of with the AATM. The Evaluator will become the true all-in-one comprehensive trade manager.

Posted - 01/14/2006 16:05:01
STEP 3 - TEST

You can now load indicator based entries and exits into the AATM and watch how they perform in real time.

You can write a strategy and backtest you indicators.

HTH.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:59 am

AATM fell short? How so?

AATM works as designed!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Ali Son

Postby Ali Son » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:50 pm

I.e. a better, simplified and comprehensive performance tracking, and thus evaluation (backtesting) of one's overall strategy. The Evaluator is an evolution...that's all I mean to say. No offense to the chef! :)

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:05 pm

Funny thing is, the EVALUATOR is simple code!

I guess that's what makes it so powerful.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “Tradestation indicators”