JPT MOM indicator

post your indicators here

Moderator: moderators

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Thu May 25, 2006 11:06 pm

jpt,

Forex trades 24/7. Right now Tokyo, Sydney and Wellington are active in Forex trading.

Yes, it's 1 am at my place :) Too much work to be done and also my systems signalled preliminary alerts in EURUSD.

If you want a basic primer on Forex trading, have a look at my presentation in pdf in the downloads section: http://kreslik.com/forums/dload.php?act ... &file_id=2. This acted as an outline for the public lecture I gave three weeks ago at the Mendel University here in Brno, Czech Republic.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

blr121970

Postby blr121970 » Fri May 26, 2006 3:59 am

What do the red and green dots signify? Looks tradable (does not give all signals though) on the YM 55 tick chart.
Attachments
YM-55.JPG
YM-55.JPG (139.16 KiB) Viewed 4880 times

JPT

Postby JPT » Fri May 26, 2006 4:48 am

Bir:

The red and green dots were suppose to signify the max and min of the sine wave. You have to play with the bars before function and the bars after, the 6 and 3 in the inputs to bring them into line for each different chart.

also I don't use tick charts so this is just a guess. You need a "no trade" range, some upper limit and some lower limit that you would ignore the swing. thus I would ignore the peaks and valleys that are too small, like the ones around 10:35 to 10:50.

I posted the indicator since I am not sure how to trade it. We may have to combine it with another indicator like a MACD or stochasitc to have a confirmation.

I just thought it was worth some review by smarter people than me and maybe we could build a better indicator.

:P

bearwatch

Postby bearwatch » Tue May 30, 2006 8:16 pm

Hi all,

From just looking at the chart, I say there might be 2 ways to play this.

1) Using the 2nd wave that is immediately forming and smaller than the tall one, this should be good as an entry to a good momentum trade. From the chart posted by BLR, the last 2 waves, happen to be a good entry on the 2nd shorter wave.
2) Might work better combined with 1st one is convergence/divergence of the waves relative to the previous wave, vs. price.

Just a thought, might need more research though.

TrvlWanderer

Postby TrvlWanderer » Wed May 31, 2006 12:24 am

Great lecture Michal (powerpoint). Reading everything I can on FOREX and this really filled in a few gaps. The quest continues.........

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:40 am

JPT,

are there going to be any updates?

Thanks, Michal

JPT

Postby JPT » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:49 pm

I have not had any time to go back to this yet. Still needs some work

JPT

Postby JPT » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:17 pm

I plan to go back to this indicator sometime this weekend. I am partial to a know trade zone, (either the peaks and valleys have to be large or the peaks and valleys have to be small). I will program that with a simple switch so I can test that under grail.

also I think I will put it as an indicator into CASB under Grail to try different smoothing functions.

Michal, since you are in Graduate school, I seem to remember that the first derivative will give either a max or a min when the equation is set to zero. Is there any cute computerized method to calculate the first dirivative of this sine wave.

I will go onto Google and see what I can find out. I will post my results once I have something worked out.l

Charly

Postby Charly » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:21 pm

michal.kreslik wrote:jpt,

Forex trades 24/7. Right now Tokyo, Sydney and Wellington are active in Forex trading.

Yes, it's 1 am at my place :) Too much work to be done and also my systems signalled preliminary alerts in EURUSD.

If you want a basic primer on Forex trading, have a look at my presentation in pdf in the downloads section: http://kreslik.com/forums/dload.php?act ... &file_id=2. This acted as an outline for the public lecture I gave three weeks ago at the Mendel University here in Brno, Czech Republic.

Quite informative and very well presented.
Is that 15 min. system available somewhere, Michal, and does it still
work :oops:

Return to “Tradestation indicators”