Auto Avery Trade Manager _AATM

post your indicators here

Moderator: moderators

rrobin

Postby rrobin » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:59 pm

dgbones

You are correct. Its sounds like TS forums.
TRO gives and gives but many think he is cheating them.

I look forward with interest to your AATM pics.

rr

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dgbones

Postby dgbones » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:27 pm

I remember you...you've been around a while too.

pdmoney666

AATM Usefulness

Postby pdmoney666 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:15 pm

dgbones wrote:I will post some AATM pics in the near future. Also, I want to note something about the detractors that seem to be hounding you.

I do not value all of TRO's indicators. While I have not researched all of them it is fair to say that some TRO indicators will work better for different trading styles and for people with different attributes.

There are a handful of TRO indicators that suit my trading and my methodology development extreemly well. None of those are applied exactly the way TRO wrote them.

There are also a few TRO indicators that I looked at and decided that they where not suitable for me.

I advise anyone interested in trading to evaluate things for themselves, to keep what is useful and to discard what is not useful. To spend a great deal of time on negative feedback is a window into the experience of the author. Evaluate feedback both positive and negative the same way...learn from what is useful.

TRO is not deserving of the recent onslaught...it seems personal and contains little if any useful information.

I do have a huge concern about a high percentage of what I see posted, even on the various boards within this site.

New traders looking for the Holy Grail and almost always looking for something for nothing. I've seen posts that ask "What are the best settings to make money using moving average crossover?" Has anyone developed Tom DeMark sequential into an indicator?"

Think about how you communicate and what it says about you as a trader and as a person. TRO does not deserve the attentive critics that seem to follow him everywhere. Evaluate his work for what it represents to you, keep or build on what is useful and develop your own methods. Investigate for yourself and do your own evaluation of what you find. Remember that you have an obligation to return value where value has been received. DB

I have recently become a HUGE fan of TRO and have been reading up on all the posts, forums and threads..I have been trying to figure out the correct way to use AATM in the Radar Screen..the messages change so quickly at times I am not sure when you are supposed to actually follow the messages like Buy, Sell Short, or take Profit...as you can see in the screenshots these change from minute to minute..the messages are clear, but when to actually follow them are a bit fuzzy..I dont understand how the messages change so quickly when the default time frame is 15 minutes?
Are there guidelines for these indicators somewhere?
Attachments
aatm01.png
aatm01.png (35.97 KiB) Viewed 2974 times

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:45 pm

I wrote AATM years ago.

The signals are based on the entry criteria in the inputs.

The signals are generated in real time and don't wait for the bar to close.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

pdmoney666

Postby pdmoney666 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:45 pm

are your fingers ever NOT on a keyboard? Dont know how you respond to so many messages! Would you say unchecking "Update Value intra-bar" box would give better signals? It certainly slows down the noise.

Are you coding anything new for Tradestation these days or is everything done for MQ4?

rrobin

Postby rrobin » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:28 am

Would you say unchecking "Update Value intra-bar" box would give better signals?
Yes

Also you can use your own signals with this tool.

Try a daily as a guide and trade the 15 min in the same direction.

Return to “Tradestation indicators”