trading and yoga

psychology is the key to success in trading. are you match tough?

Moderator: moderators

1992 DREAM TEAM

Postby 1992 DREAM TEAM » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:35 am

Last edited by 1992 DREAM TEAM on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:55 am

I do yoga as part of my training regimen and I can assure you that in that context it is not the peaceful tranquil, mind thing most think it is. Try going through 50 salutation sequences and feel the pain. Combines with martial arts = win.

pp2

Postby pp2 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:16 am

1992 DREAM TEAM wrote:
pp2 wrote:"...Yoga attempts to create a state in which we are always present *really present* in every action, in every moment."

yes :)

just adding something a little deeper

Ask this question, what starts before ... every feeling, every thought, every task, everything?

The answer is your breath ... so do it and do it well

Breath also occurs during and after. Before and after occur in the present. An emphasis must always be on unification. How do we connect the breath-body-mind?

WHO is making the connections?

All I know is just to "be" and just to "know" is all I need to be in the present.

but I will contemplate on what you are trying to portray :wink:

pp2

Postby pp2 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:27 am

newscalper wrote:I do yoga as part of my training regimen and I can assure you that in that context it is not the peaceful tranquil, mind thing most think it is. Try going through 50 salutation sequences and feel the pain. Combines with martial arts = win.

Yep, it's painful alright!

When I first started I found little value in yoga. I found breathing to be the hardest part when doing the poses, I just couldn't put emphasis on my breath at all. Now, after a few months I find it easier but I'm still like robocop.

1992 DREAM TEAM

Postby 1992 DREAM TEAM » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:26 am

Last edited by 1992 DREAM TEAM on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:51 am

It's not yoga for yoga's sake. It's part of an integrated routine - weights, aerobics, yoga, martial arts etc. Purpose a super-strong, super-fit, great looking and functional body.

No point being rich if your body is an unhealthy, flabby POS.

Yoga is all about recovery and the CNS, helps with flexibility, stretching the muscle fascia, lung capacity, hitting small muscle groups not hit by the big exercises, taking care of the spine etc and it's TOUGH.

I do have to say you DO feel very very calm and tranquil after a tough yoga outing.

1992 DREAM TEAM

Postby 1992 DREAM TEAM » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Last edited by 1992 DREAM TEAM on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:04 am

Life is just a journey

technical.trader

Postby technical.trader » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:32 am

1992 DREAM TEAM wrote:Try this before your next session, it only takes a few minutes. If you tend to be congested, you might want to do a nasal wash or blow your nose before. Steamy shower works, too.

Alternate Nostril Breathing:

Sit cross-legged or in a chair, whichever is more comfortable. Remember to relax and sit up straight, have some dignity! Using one hand, fold the index and third finger down. Touch the tip of your thumb and ring finger together and let the little finger rest gently aside the ring finger.

Bow your head slightly downward like you're putting a hood on. As you bow, let your awareness curve back into itself, cultivating a reflective state. Bring your hand up, open ring and thumb finger, and place them on the sides of your nostrils (don't pinch! lol)

Breathe naturally, try to let it come by itself, gently close your eyes.

0. Close the left nostril and exhale completely out the the right nostril
1. Inhale through the right nostril.
2. Close the right nostril and exhale through the left nostril.
3. Inhale through the left nostril.
4. Close the left nostril and exhale through the right nostril.

This completes one cycle. Repeat from 1 and continue for up to 20 cycles. Check that you are not slouching forward with your chest and keeping your breastbone upright (remember, dignity!). Open your eyes every 4-5 cycles to check. Also make sure you are not pressing so hard you are moving your septum or head off center.

When you are done, take a few moments to observe how you feel. How would you describe your state of mind?

Hi,

I just noticed the transformation in a person who did the above exercise (along with a few others) for just 35 days. Weight lost, colds gone, [highlight=red]thinking focussed[/highlight] and vastly better energy levels. In his own words, he started functioning much better at his job. Should be great for all of us in the trading community!

tiptip

Re: trading and yoga

Postby tiptip » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:53 am

thanks for sharing

Return to “trader's psychology”