Introduction and a question about EFX Group Platform

discussion on brokers, order execution, order automation and everything broker-related

Moderator: moderators

RicG

Introduction and a question about EFX Group Platform

Postby RicG » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:14 pm

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a few months reading many of the excellent posts and decided it was time to introduce my self.

I've been trading various styles (position to swing to day trading) for about 10 years now. Starting out I had moderate success with the traditional long term hold method using an expensive broker. I then moved on to day trading where I was not successful at first (trading stocks), but then turned the corner about two years later and started making a bit of money trading mostly futures. At that point (about three years ago) I got a job offer I couldn't refuse due to both the attractive salary and an equity position in the company.

I decided a few months ago to start daytrading the forex, since I can do that before I go to work in the morning. At the recommendation of TRO's posts in this forum, I decided to try EFX Group as a broker. I downloaded the demo platform and have been paper trading with decent success. However, before I go live with real money I have one question about the realiabilty of their platform and their customer service. Two times now in the last month the hot key function has not worked for several days at a time. I contacted customer service about this both times and they did respond and fixed the problem but it took several days. Additionally, one time for a two day period the platform would not take my orders, giving me the prompt "market closed" - interesting since the forex is a 24 hour market. I'm obviously concerned that the platform is unstable and that customer service is a bit slow.

Has anybody else had this or similar problems with EFX Group? Does anybody have a broker/platform they like better?

The contributions to this forum by TRO and Michal are outstanding and much appreciated by myself and I'm sure the other fine people/traders that post here.

I hope that I can contribute to others as I move forward with my forex trading career.

Peace and good trading to all,
Ric

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:56 pm

I've found the demo accounts to often have problems/glitches. Supposedly this is because they use their demo servers for testing. I think you will find the live servers much better but still be prepared for the possible occasional application crash.

geff

Postby geff » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:18 pm

Hi RicG.

They do halt trading twice a day - (EOD rollover and Midnight maintenence). It lasts 7 minutes or so for each.

The only problems I've encountered (live, not demo), is landing on a dead quote server (the middle status light goes red).

I phone in, they switch me, log in, log out and I'm back up. BUT it's happened 4 times in the past month. An annoyance.

Jeff

RicG

Postby RicG » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:04 am

geff wrote:Hi RicG.

They do halt trading twice a day - (EOD rollover and Midnight maintenence). It lasts 7 minutes or so for each.

The only problems I've encountered (live, not demo), is landing on a dead quote server (the middle status light goes red).

I phone in, they switch me, log in, log out and I'm back up. BUT it's happened 4 times in the past month. An annoyance.

Jeff
geff,

Thanks for the reply. The problems I've experienced have not occurred during EOD rollover or Midnight maintenance. Since I last posted the hot key problem has cropped up again....very frustrating. That's why I'm probably going to check out some other broker/platforms. Anybody have suggestions?

Also thanks to Luke for his reply to my post.

Peace and good trading to all,
Ric

Patch

Postby Patch » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:34 pm

RicG

Nothing like glitches to cause frustration. I've been demoing with ODL and so far like them a lot.

Patch the Pirate
In VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

RicG

Postby RicG » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:30 am

Patch wrote:RicG

Nothing like glitches to cause frustration. I've been demoing with ODL and so far like them a lot.

Patch the Pirate
In VA
Patch,

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out.

Peace and good trading to all.
Ric

Return to “brokers”