Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:54 am

Yirbu wrote:
aliassmith wrote:I'd have to say that staying on kreslik has been beneficial.
It has recently helped me grow as a trader, watching what Don_xyZ has been showing and Dave because PRO recommended him.

Would I have carried on not knowing this new information? YES
But now I have a better understanding of things I have already been doing and some new ideas.

When I grow up I can be a real trader. 8)

If you are into S/D and Structure at all Don_xyZ and Dave's info can help flesh that out. It will help but it won't replace practice and reflection.

I'm happy to hear that.
To be honest I knew you were thinking about leaving and I got shocked because if you would have left...Kreslik would have died.

Happy to have you here (and Don and Pro) and I do hope that there will come a day that I can give back...

Well there are other people out there lurking in the shadows that don't post. It might helped if they posted a chart or 2.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:28 am

aliassmith wrote:
Yirbu wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
If you entered on the touch you could of made some pips.

If you then entered 2 candles latee at ...307 with a 6 point SL there was an opportunity for 13R or 13%. On FTMO you can risk about 1% over 6 points.

If you then entered 2 candles latee at ...307 with a 6 point SL there was an opportunity for 13R or 13%. On FTMO you can risk about 1% over 6 points.

I can see I am making more pips and yesterday I was really happy.
Yesterday I could have made 50% easily. I actually stopped trading because I thought "that's enough"
It's all about the days in beween the good days. They can be equally bad :(

Kreslik logs me out every 2 mins ???

So what does your bad days consist of?
Do you make bad trade decisions?
Overleverage?
Hold losses you didn't put a SL on?
Hold to long for profit?

If you risk .25% on a trade you need 32R to pass MFF. Thats 1.6R a day or 8R a week.

The trade you just showed was easily 4R to 13R.
You don't need to risk a lot to make a lot.
And you don't need to eat an elephant in 1 bite.[/quote]

It's a combination of choosing bad trades and holding too long when in profit/managing them badly.
Some days they just line up.
I always have a SL on, rarely am over leveraged and have very little problems with choosing trades that are not in my trading arsenal.
I tried some anchor trades before but because I have not mastered them I kept loosing. I have no problem with putting these trades on the side to practice more and come back to later.

When I choose the bad trades (and a bad trade is a trade that is according to my rules but just goes wrong) I tend to hold on longer to my trades that are in profit in order to make up for the previous losses. This often results in evaporating my profit leaving me with nothing. Then a new bad trade happens....my hole gets deeper and deeper.
If I analyse my trades later I can see that if I had taken profits earlier it would have been a healthy day. I find it difficult to judge if price is returning and I should take the 5 pips or wait for more.

The trade I just showed you was a "Dave" trade.
Because these trades are new for me I am trading them with small position sizes so they don't have any significant effect on the account.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:51 am

Yirbu wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Yirbu wrote:

I can see I am making more pips and yesterday I was really happy.
Yesterday I could have made 50% easily. I actually stopped trading because I thought "that's enough"
It's all about the days in beween the good days. They can be equally bad :(

Kreslik logs me out every 2 mins ???

So what does your bad days consist of?
Do you make bad trade decisions?
Overleverage?
Hold losses you didn't put a SL on?
Hold to long for profit?

If you risk .25% on a trade you need 32R to pass MFF. Thats 1.6R a day or 8R a week.

The trade you just showed was easily 4R to 13R.
You don't need to risk a lot to make a lot.
And you don't need to eat an elephant in 1 bite.

It's a combination of choosing bad trades and holding too long when in profit/managing them badly.
Some days they just line up.
I always have a SL on, rarely am over leveraged and have very little problems with choosing trades that are not in my trading arsenal.
I tried some anchor trades before but because I have not mastered them I kept loosing. I have no problem with putting these trades on the side to practice more and come back to later.

When I choose the bad trades (and a bad trade is a trade that is according to my rules but just goes wrong) I tend to hold on longer to my trades that are in profit in order to make up for the previous losses. This often results in evaporating my profit leaving me with nothing. Then a new bad trade happens....my hole gets deeper and deeper.
If I analyse my trades later I can see that if I had taken profits earlier it would have been a healthy day. I find it difficult to judge if price is returning and I should take the 5 pips or wait for more.

The trade I just showed you was a "Dave" trade.
Because these trades are new for me I am trading them with small position sizes so they don't have any significant effect on the account.[/quote]

I think learning from Dave may show you better places to exit based on structure and imbalances.

Just remember "the moon" isnt a good location to set your TP.
Setting good SL and TP will get you higher R trades that automatically make up for some bad ones.

judokamak

Postby judokamak » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:02 am

Kudos to Pro for showing this guy (Dave). Usually i can't watch more than 10 min of trade videos. This guy has great info and even though videos are long, he does not ramble on.

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:31 am

aliassmith wrote:
I think learning from Dave may show you better places to exit based on structure and imbalances.

Setting good SL and TP will get you higher R trades that automatically make up for some bad ones.

Well, not reaching for the "the moon" has always been difficult for me, ha, ha.
And I do realize it's a learning process...

Dave is indeed helping in my learning process.
The below chart is an example. (we all love charts)

#1 was BE I got tired of waiting and closed the trade at BE just before it went down
#2 was an inside bar I went long...it was a loss.
Now see the imbalance just above my trade? I will not make that mistake again now I know.
One week ago price would have just "magically" reversed. Today I know better.
#3 was a nice trade but was also an example of me holding longer on to a trade as usual. It turned out ok, but normally I wouldn't let that bullish bar retrace on me and I would settle for X1. Now I have X3.
#4 was a really nice trade. Price came back into that grey S-zone. If you drill down to the m1 you can see a mini H&S right at the top and price gapped down a bit. When price came back to the area and filled that tiny gap I shorted it and took 12pips because price just froze.

221006 - EURUSDM5-.png
221006 - EURUSDM5-.png (133.42 KiB) Viewed 941 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:43 am

Yirbu wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

#1 was BE I got tired of waiting and closed the trade at BE just before it went down
Now see the imbalance just above my trade? I will not make that mistake again now I know.
#3 was a nice trade but was also an example of me holding longer on to a trade as usual. It turned out ok, but normally I wouldn't let that bullish bar retrace on me and I would settle for X1. Now I have X3.
#4 was a really nice trade. Price came back into that grey S-zone. If you drill down to the m1 you can see a mini H&S right at the top and price gapped down a bit. When price came back to the area and filled that tiny gap I shorted it and took 12pips because price just froze.

221006 - EURUSDM5-.png

So you ended up with 3x today?

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:30 pm

Yirbu wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

221006 - EURUSDM5-.png

Finally using my Computer, I think it was getting sad.
I marked Up this chart. It's the same time as yours with some new and old ways of looking at it.
30+ pips for 2% conservatively if 15 pips = 1%

edit: I missed a trade...After the +5 there is a Dave trade short for about +11
Attachments
EURUSDM510062022.png
EURUSDM510062022.png (53.93 KiB) Viewed 883 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:07 pm

Traded EURUSDM5
1 pip = $1000
Had to place two 50 lot orders on FTMO
Attachments
EURUSDM510062022b.png
EURUSDM510062022b.png (39.41 KiB) Viewed 862 times

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:22 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Yirbu wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

221006 - EURUSDM5-.png

Finally using my Computer, I think it was getting sad.
I marked Up this chart. It's the same time as yours with some new and old ways of looking at it.
30+ pips for 2% conservatively if 15 pips = 1%

edit: I missed a trade...After the +5 there is a Dave trade short for about +11

Thx! Nice post.
(you are awake real early/late)

I like the first trade. Tapping back into that imbalance and then up.
The "missing +11" trade...do you think it's a Dave trade?
I thought it would only become a Dave trade after the imbalance created by the 09:00 candle got filled by the wick of the 10:55 candle.
Anyway...+11 is nice
That +6 short...did you take it off that little white candle at 6:35?

Studying your charts helps a lot.
I can already see things I forgot...

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:24 pm

aliassmith wrote:Traded EURUSDM5
1 pip = $1000
Had to place two 50 lot orders on FTMO

:shock: :roll: :shock: :roll: :shock: :roll:

Return to “TheRumpledOne”