Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

prochargedmopar

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:07 pm

aliassmith wrote:GBPUSD short about 15 min trade for 13 pips or 1.5x
I liked the double top so I went short, It did however stall at the 20 sma and I almost closed.
Think I'll go play video games!

You are playing a video game. :shock:
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:48 pm

Jhx wrote:I took this one based on what I saw (momentum close below the sma), didn't use fibs and it was an airball-ish~ trade. I'm going to attempt to do this on the NQ 1000t chart (I've noticed the time charts on smaller timeframes sometimes go nuts on this instrument, specially at a specific hour and tick charts seem a bit more 'stable').

NQ261021.jpg

----

I have a few questions regarding the method (though I read LeM's post somewhere in the thread):

No, Alias' base method is rule based:

Price looks to cross (aggressive entry) or does cross and retrace - usually (less in your face entry and certainly on the retrace, safe as can be), the ma.

You look for the MOMO bar to be printed.

You go in.

The fib gives you your targets.

So the entries are either:
1) Close over the ma with momo.
2) Close over the ma with momo > retrace (bounce off the ma?).

Is there any specific preference for each one? Maybe if the momo is too large you wait for the retrace and pass on the entry at the close?

Are the fibs meant to be drawn from the swing high / low to entry?

Thanks in advance!

I'm never in any rush to enter. You will find that in the majority of cases, you will have some kind of a retrace back into the body of the mono candle. You can then either try and catch that falling knife or get in when it comes back over the level of the momo candle close.

The fibs are set from the entry level first, then manipulated to give you your required s/l. Once the s/l is set, the targets will have set themselves. Where you set your s/l is entirely up to you. Just don't put it where everyone else would.

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:31 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Jhx wrote:I took this one based on what I saw (momentum close below the sma), didn't use fibs and it was an airball-ish~ trade. I'm going to attempt to do this on the NQ 1000t chart (I've noticed the time charts on smaller timeframes sometimes go nuts on this instrument, specially at a specific hour and tick charts seem a bit more 'stable').

NQ261021.jpg

----

I have a few questions regarding the method (though I read LeM's post somewhere in the thread):

No, Alias' base method is rule based:

Price looks to cross (aggressive entry) or does cross and retrace - usually (less in your face entry and certainly on the retrace, safe as can be), the ma.

You look for the MOMO bar to be printed.

You go in.

The fib gives you your targets.

Is there any specific preference for each one? Maybe if the momo is too large you wait for the retrace and pass on the entry at the close?

Thanks in advance!

I'm never in any rush to enter. You will find that in the majority of cases, you will have some kind of a retrace back into the body of the mono candle. You can then either try and catch that falling knife or get in when it comes back over the level of the momo candle close.

The fibs are set from the entry level first, then manipulated to give you your required s/l. Once the s/l is set, the targets will have set themselves. Where you set your s/l is entirely up to you. Just don't put it where everyone else would.

Got it, thanks LeM.

LeMercenaire wrote:Once the s/l is set, the targets will have set themselves. Where you set your s/l is entirely up to you. Just don't put it where everyone else would.

Hah, I always place them in a previous high / low, as everyone else probably would :lol: . Any tips? For now my 'solution' has been to exit before the SL was hit, which isn't a bad practice I think.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:57 pm

Jhx wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

NQ261021.jpg

----

Thanks in advance!

Got it, thanks LeM.

LeMercenaire wrote:Once the s/l is set, the targets will have set themselves. Where you set your s/l is entirely up to you. Just don't put it where everyone else would.

Hah, I always place them in a previous high / low, as everyone else probably would :lol: . Any tips? For now my 'solution' has been to exit before the SL was hit, which isn't a bad practice I think.

I generally take a look at where the surrounding pointy bits are and avoid them. Usually, as the stops are only used in disaster scenarios, I'll put it farther away, rather than closer.

I'll also combine a fib map from the entry to see if that gives any clues as to probable/likely retrace zones.

Chuck in a bit of this and a bit of that and a sprinkling of gut-feeling and experience and leave to stew.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:01 pm

Jhx wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

NQ261021.jpg

----

Thanks in advance!

Got it, thanks LeM.

My take on that is TESTING. Study entries/exits and SL postions. Go back on a few hundred charts and study the setups and take notes.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 pm

Sometimes I feel like I should drop forex and trade solely options. I see why MightyOne always thought adding zeros to your account was/is normal.

My Apple play was 148 call @ $2.60 yesterday. It doubled today!
50% return on account.

BUT no, i am still addicted to that forex crack.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:53 am

prochargedmopar wrote:
aliassmith wrote:GBPUSD short about 15 min trade for 13 pips or 1.5x
I liked the double top so I went short, It did however stall at the 20 sma and I almost closed.
Think I'll go play video games!

You are playing a video game. :shock:

Ya man, I can't argue with that.
That's why I play Forex and Equity Options.
I also don't mind some Final Fantasy!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:29 pm

GBP/USD
Ya Forex still does some nice moves
Attachments
GBPUSDM5102921.png
GBPUSDM5102921.png (45.37 KiB) Viewed 1501 times

cheunt3

Postby cheunt3 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:36 pm

aliassmith wrote:Sometimes I feel like I should drop forex and trade solely options. I see why MightyOne always thought adding zeros to your account was/is normal.

50% return on account.

Very very nice, congratz! :D =D>
MO "Don't try to predict what will happen next, simply aim to consistently apply your ideas."

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:43 pm

cheunt3 wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Sometimes I feel like I should drop forex and trade solely options. I see why MightyOne always thought adding zeros to your account was/is normal.

50% return on account.

Very very nice, congratz! :D =D>

Thanks, options are crazy.
That same strike had another 100% swing today.
You can 100x your account in a year and maybe 1000x.
At that point we are talking about 25% returns a week.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”