DAILY WICK ZONE TRADING

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

waynehenderson36
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:25 am
Reputation: 1
Gender: None specified

Re: DAILY WICK ZONE TRADING

Postby waynehenderson36 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:06 pm

Thanks Tro for another great trading idea. But I have a couple of questions

1) the green boxes indicate previous up day so would you only look for buy/long trades when there is a green box?

2) do you still only choose to be one colour rat with this style of trading? only long trades? you don't switch depending on what side of zone market is breaking from?

Thanks!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11649
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 96
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: DAILY WICK ZONE TRADING

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:34 pm

waynehenderson36 wrote:Thanks Tro for another great trading idea. But I have a couple of questions

1) the green boxes indicate previous up day so would you only look for buy/long trades when there is a green box?

2) do you still only choose to be one colour rat with this style of trading? only long trades? you don't switch depending on what side of zone market is breaking from?

Thanks!


1) the green boxes indicate previous up day so would you only look for buy/long trades when there is a green box?

Not necessarily. It is just a reminder how the previous day ended.

2) do you still only choose to be one colour rat with this style of trading? only long trades? you don't switch depending on what side of zone market is breaking from?

No. Price leaves the zone ~70% of the time. You want to be on the ship when it sails.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

waynehenderson36
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:25 am
Reputation: 1
Gender: None specified

Re: DAILY WICK ZONE TRADING

Postby waynehenderson36 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:45 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
waynehenderson36 wrote:Thanks Tro for another great trading idea. But I have a couple of questions

1) the green boxes indicate previous up day so would you only look for buy/long trades when there is a green box?

2) do you still only choose to be one colour rat with this style of trading? only long trades? you don't switch depending on what side of zone market is breaking from?

Thanks!


1) the green boxes indicate previous up day so would you only look for buy/long trades when there is a green box?

Not necessarily. It is just a reminder how the previous day ended.

2) do you still only choose to be one colour rat with this style of trading? only long trades? you don't switch depending on what side of zone market is breaking from?

No. Price leaves the zone ~70% of the time. You want to be on the ship when it sails.



Thanks for your advice Tro. Can you help me with the exit play book as it looks like we need to give this strategy more room to work, I saw with the rat you move to b/e pretty quickly but what would be the best way to trade this strategy? Thanks :-)

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11649
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 96
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: DAILY WICK ZONE TRADING

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:30 pm

waynehenderson36 wrote:
waynehenderson36 wrote:
Thanks for your advice Tro. Can you help me with the exit play book as it looks like we need to give this strategy more room to work, I saw with the rat you move to b/e pretty quickly but what would be the best way to trade this strategy? Thanks :-)


Best way? What do you mean best way? Taking profit repeatedly is the best way.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

waynehenderson36
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:25 am
Reputation: 1
Gender: None specified

Re: DAILY WICK ZONE TRADING

Postby waynehenderson36 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:48 pm

Thanks Tro, but I meant when do you move your stop loss? And how do you manage the trade when it's in play?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5301
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 109
Gender: Male

Re: DAILY WICK ZONE TRADING

Postby MightyOne » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:29 pm

waynehenderson36 wrote:Thanks Tro, but I meant when do you move your stop loss? And how do you manage the trade when it's in play?


It is more accurate to call it a "less profit" than a "stop loss" as nothing short of taking profit is going to "stop loss". :lol:

If you did not take money off of the table then you should not even think about moving your stop.

How exactly is a trade (all trades?) managed? That depends on YOUR exit playbook; the one that TRO is going to tell you to write:


User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11649
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 96
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: DAILY WICK ZONE TRADING

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:35 pm

EURJPYH1.png
EURJPYH1.png (51.54 KiB) Viewed 208 times
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11649
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 96
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: DAILY WICK ZONE TRADING

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:38 pm

MightyOne wrote:
waynehenderson36 wrote:Thanks Tro, but I meant when do you move your stop loss? And how do you manage the trade when it's in play?


It is more accurate to call it a "less profit" than a "stop loss" as nothing short of taking profit is going to "stop loss". :lol:

If you did not take money off of the table then you should not even think about moving your stop.

How exactly is a trade (all trades?) managed? That depends on YOUR exit playbook; the one that TRO is going to tell you to write:



MO, you said something like, "if you are not willing to add to the trade, then exit the trade." I have been pondering that for a while...

How often do you ask/answer that question?
Once per bar?
Once per tick?

Add or exit? Very simple!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5301
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 109
Gender: Male

Re: DAILY WICK ZONE TRADING

Postby MightyOne » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:33 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
How often do you ask/answer that question?
Once per bar?
Once per tick?

Add or exit? Very simple!


Price moves, it sparks a question, & an action is taken based on a conclusion.

The first three entries add up to one unit and each additional entry is considered an addition; you don't need to
worry about moving your stop until trade 4, at which point you start moving your stop 25% closer to the current price
after each new entry.

Trade 1-3:
1) because I can, BUY!
2) because price is higher than something, BUY!
3) because I am not getting out of this trade, BUY!

Trade 4+ you are simply thinking about your new stop location.
a) the new stop is acceptable, add.
b) the new stop is not acceptable, I cannot add, so I must exit.

You cannot take too many actions, it is self limiting.

waynehenderson36
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:25 am
Reputation: 1
Gender: None specified

Re: DAILY WICK ZONE TRADING

Postby waynehenderson36 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:35 pm

I understand MO, thank you. But wondered how Tro manages this strategy to give me an idea how to start looking at various options....

Tro when do you move your stop loss with this strategy as I saw on the rat posts you move the stop loss when trade is +5

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”