NCA 2: THE CHARTBOOK

everything that doesn't belong elsewhere cometh here

Moderator: moderators

IgazI

Re: NCA 2: THE CHARTBOOK

Postby IgazI » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:41 am

I hear some people talk about "so and so being profitable after only 3 months" . . .

I averaged 430% over my first 4 trading years, does that mean my 16 yo self was a god? or was I just at the right time and place in history?!

I used to identify as a "trader" and derive my ego from that which I did well, but after 20+ years let me tell you. . .

trading is not a game of skill; it is a game of numbers, it is a game of patience, and it is a game of adaptation.

You need some objective form of analysis, you need something concrete, and from there you wrap some objective opinion around it based on experience.

We all want to think of ourselves as special, or someone who is doing better than us as something more than they are, but the reality is that . . .

you are a god, the same as any other, you just have not realized your own strength.
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:32 am

IgazI wrote:I hear some people talk about "so and so being profitable after only 3 months" . . .

I averaged 430% over my first 4 trading years, does that mean my 16 yo self was a god? or was I just at the right time and place in history?!

I used to identify as a "trader" and derive my ego from that which I did well, but after 20+ years let me tell you. . .

trading is not a game of skill; it is a game of numbers, it is a game of patience, and it is a game of adaptation.

You need some objective form of analysis, you need something concrete, and from there you wrap some objective opinion around it based on experience.

We all want to think of ourselves as special, or someone who is doing better than us as something more than they are, but the reality is that . . .

you are a god, the same as any other, you just have not realized your own strength.

Lolz... so true. I made 30% in 3 hours 2 months into trading (with OPM on that) and the general manager called me saying nobody has ever done that in the company. I made so much money during those days my father said nobody in our family line has ever achieved that level before. Boosted my ego damn right. Good memory of my youth.

I do believe there are gifted people but man, kreslik has no shortage of such people anyway :lol:
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:06 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:
IgazI wrote:I hear some people talk about "so and so being profitable after only 3 months" . . .

Lolz... so true. I made 30% in 3 hours 2 months into trading (with OPM on that) and the general manager called me saying nobody has ever done that in the company. I made so much money during those days my father said nobody in our family line has ever achieved that level before. Boosted my ego damn right. Good memory of my youth.

I do believe there are gifted people but man, kreslik has no shortage of such people anyway :lol:

Guess you guys are trading for a loooong time.
Always been trading?

IgazI

Bar Color: RGB:

Postby IgazI » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:10 pm

^ALGOUSD_Barchart_Interactive_Chart_10_02_2022.png
^ALGOUSD_Barchart_Interactive_Chart_10_02_2022.png (134.96 KiB) Viewed 6266 times
Last edited by IgazI on Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aliassmith

Re: Bar Color: RGB:

Postby aliassmith » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:57 pm

IgazI wrote: My original thought was to ditch the MACD, but then I saw a few instances where it gave a better signal. . .
so my current position is to use: MACD or TT, + RSI, + STOCH, as bar color
;
if MACD or TT == up, & RSI == up, and STOCH == up, then stock == up

Just think of it as the current 'direction of profit' and do with that as you will. . .
for instance, I still thought that the 32 to 35 cent area was a good buy even though the 'direction of profit' was down.

Look at that it went down to 34 cents. Maybe it goes to 39 next.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

IgazI

Re: Bar Color: RGB:

Postby IgazI » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:00 pm

aliassmith wrote:
IgazI wrote: My original thought was to ditch the MACD, but then I saw a few instances where it gave a better signal. . .
so my current position is to use: MACD or TT, + RSI, + STOCH, as bar color
;
if MACD or TT == up, & RSI == up, and STOCH == up, then stock == up

Just think of it as the current 'direction of profit' and do with that as you will. . .
for instance, I still thought that the 32 to 35 cent area was a good buy even though the 'direction of profit' was down.

Look at that it went down to 34 cents. Maybe it goes to 39 next.

Yeah, I marked 34 cents as soon as you mentioned it.

We are going to replace ETH :lol: no need to stop at 39 cents!

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:32 am

Yirbu wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:

Always been trading?

I started trading forex and stock index futures (Nikkei and Hang Seng) during the first year Germany uses the Euro bank notes instead of DM. Fresh out of college. So it's 2 decades now. But I was trading on and off several times.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:37 am

Don_xyZ wrote:
Yirbu wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:

Always been trading?

I started trading forex and stock index futures (Nikkei and Hang Seng) during the first year Germany uses the Euro bank notes instead of DM. Fresh out of college. So it's 2 decades now. But I was trading on and off several times.

Did you take part in the whole 500-1000:1 leverage for interest strategy or did you just trade Forex?

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:02 am

IgazI wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:
Yirbu wrote:
Always been trading?

Did you take part in the whole 500-1000:1 leverage for interest strategy or did you just trade Forex?

I went from 100:1 with a local broker (well, it was actually a commission house as they call it here back then and their feed is from Saxobank) and then with FXCM 2 years later when I was in the U.S. They still had FX Solutions, Interbank FX and the lot. At first, it was intriguing that a broker would offer 1000x so I tested it and made $1,000 (100%) in several seconds scalping the weekly jobless claim so I think to myself why not use it (1000x) more responsibly and rake in real money instead of gambling like this? I was trading with a different account from a U.S. broker (I forgot the name of the broker but they used their in-house trading platform called VT Trader) but the 1000x account was for testing and gambling. Nowadays, I settle with 500x for my trading.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:49 am

Bitcoin not going up is making it hard to invest in alts #-o

I want to YOLO, tell me when to go #-o, but it takes two baby [-X

Return to “general”