MT4 download

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Chameleon

MT4 download

Postby Chameleon » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:01 pm

Hello,

I have an account with Just2Trade which happened automatically when downloading MT. I clicked to download MT4 but it installed MT5 by default and it seems it is not possible to download MT4 (from Metatrader direct).

Is there somewhere I can get a download of MT4?

(I´m UK based so maybe that has a bearing on where to get the download?)

Thank you. :D

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Re: MT4 download

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:00 pm

[quote="Chameleon"]Hello,

I have an account with Just2Trade which happened automatically when downloading MT. I clicked to download MT4 but it installed MT5 by default and it seems it is not possible to download MT4 (from Metatrader direct).

Is there somewhere I can get a download of MT4?

(I´m UK based so maybe that has a bearing on where to get the download?)

Thank you. :D[/quote

If you just want to chart off mt4 (and not place trades with it directly) then just download a demo from another broker.

Place your trades on your live broker, ignoring whatever the chart happens to be doing.

Chameleon

Postby Chameleon » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:03 pm

Thank you for your reply LeM. I´ve been reading some of your posts, very informative :D

I would prefer to place trades directly really, to stop having 2 platforms open... Is that an option?

BUT... if it is an option to just have demo on the charts as you say, one question, can the demo be endless so I dont need to renew the demo constantly? Or I just deposit some money with them so the "demo" continues?

Is the demo data the same as live?

Chameleon

Postby Chameleon » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:08 pm

Another question actually, I know you are UK based LeM....... If you dont mind :D

Is just2trade.online worth staying with?

I thought originally I would go with MB but their site now reflects to Ally Invest, are you guys with them now?

Chameleon

Postby Chameleon » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:09 pm

I really think it would be easier to trade and chart with the same people though...... I always did that in the past with NinjaTrader/AMP

Chameleon

Postby Chameleon » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:10 pm

Thanks for any opinions. I´m new to Forex but have a little experience with Futures.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:55 pm

Chameleon wrote:Another question actually, I know you are UK based LeM....... If you dont mind :D

Is just2trade.online worth staying with?

I thought originally I would go with MB but their site now reflects to Ally Invest, are you guys with them now?

Sorry, I have no experience of just2trade.

I don't know what the rules are re recommending brokers here. I also use a spread betting firm to manage my trades on. This suits me better but may not work for you.

I will pm you, to be safe.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:25 pm

Chameleon wrote:Thank you for your reply LeM. I´ve been reading some of your posts, very informative :D

I would prefer to place trades directly really, to stop having 2 platforms open... Is that an option?

BUT... if it is an option to just have demo on the charts as you say, one question, can the demo be endless so I dont need to renew the demo constantly? Or I just deposit some money with them so the "demo" continues?

Is the demo data the same as live?

As noted below, I've pm'd you and answered some of these questions in there as well.

I also do forget that a lot of traders are working off one screen and so having two brokers open can be a real pain instead of a bonus (when you have a screen for each broker).

You will find comparison sites which give you lists of the options offered by different brokers (unlimited demo etc) to help you make your decision.

Although you are charting with one demo account, you are still managing your entries on the live one, so the demo just gives you a "heads-up" and all the subtle entry details are run off of your live data.

Now, this also suits my own variants of "Trading-a-Line" methods, where things tend to match up pretty closely, however may not suit some other techniques (can't think what that may be off the top of my head, mind you :) )

Chameleon

Postby Chameleon » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:30 pm

Thank you for your replies. I´m going to look into the options.

e_abrams

Postby e_abrams » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:27 pm

Did you figure it out??

Return to “beginners forum”