The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5635
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 844
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:06 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:...
As long as I continue to consider ALL the money in my account mine the longer I will continue to struggle with increased lot size and adding to losers.
...


You should never "add" to a losing trade.

You can scale into a trade amidst the protection of a stop, but you should never just let a trade wander aimlessly past a pivot while you hope for the best (you don't have to move your stop when you scale into a trade).

Because your stop must move in closer, after adding size to a full position, the decision to add size is the same as the decision to trail a stop loss.

Maybe price stalls and you think that you should move your stop up close below a recent low pivot.
Knowing that a decision to move your stop is a decision to add size, and vise versa, you should ask "can I bring myself to add size here" and if the answer is "no" then you should just get out as your unwillingness to push that little button has shown you what you really believe.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5658
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 110
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:47 pm

Jalarupa wrote:My Car... Until Tesla comes to South Africa...

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/tucson/index.aspx


I never knew a Hyundai could cost 45 grand.
Insane for a cracker box.

IMG_20161224_144422.jpg
IMG_20161224_144422.jpg (55.67 KiB) Viewed 594 times
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
Mira
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 707
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Mira » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Merry Xmas to everybody!

Stocks earnings can gap price very far but the risk is to "lose 20 pips every 5".. do you ever thought about it?

IMG_1327.PNG
IMG_1327.PNG (105.36 KiB) Viewed 530 times


IMG_1328.PNG
IMG_1328.PNG (87.48 KiB) Viewed 530 times

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5635
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 844
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:29 pm

Mira wrote:Merry Xmas to everybody!

Stocks earnings can gap price very far but the risk is to "lose 20 pips every 5".. do you ever thought about it?



I do not trade stocks, but Alias might comment on that.

So the question is whether or not I worry about price gapping past my stop loss?

I think that a previous post has confused you...

...your risk, "your money", is going to be around -1% if/when price reaches your stop loss.
the total amount that you are going to lose per line as price crosses your stop is based on
your position size:

01: .1%/line
02: .2%
03: .3%
04: .4%
05: .5%
06: .6%
08: .8%
10: 1.0%
13: 1.3%
17: 1.7%
22: 2.2%/line

How scary this is depends on how fast you are adding size and what that total size is...:
3/9: -2/3 space, stop moves up to the 33% ret, .9% per line.
3/6: -1/2 space, stop moves up to the 50% ret, .6% per line.
3/4: -1/4 space, stop moves up to the 75% ret, .4% per line.
3/3: same space, stop stays at the 100% ret, .3% per line.
...It also depends on whether you sold a pattern or a breakout & whether or not you are
trading a large period or a small one:

if we are talking M5-H1 lines then each line is about 4 pips & price gapping 60 pips past your stop will result in
a loss of 15 lines.
H4: -7.5 lines
D1: -3.75
W1: -1.875
MN: 0.937

If you are really worried then you should either withdraw profits or trade based on a fixed amount.

User avatar
Mira
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 707
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Mira » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:52 am

I'm a little slow but it's getting clear. :D
When you say "stop moves up".. are you saying i have to cut lines of x% ret?
10 lines = 3 lines at risk (normalized) when 3/10?



MightyOne wrote:
Mira wrote:Merry Xmas to everybody!

Stocks earnings can gap price very far but the risk is to "lose 20 pips every 5".. do you ever thought about it?



I do not trade stocks, but Alias might comment on that.

So the question is whether or not I worry about price gapping past my stop loss?

I think that a previous post has confused you...

...your risk, "your money", is going to be around -1% if/when price reaches your stop loss.
the total amount that you are going to lose per line as price crosses your stop is based on
your position size:

01: .1%/line
02: .2%
03: .3%
04: .4%
05: .5%
06: .6%
08: .8%
10: 1.0%
13: 1.3%
17: 1.7%
22: 2.2%/line

How scary this is depends on how fast you are adding size and what that total size is...:
3/9: -2/3 space, stop moves up to the 33% ret, .9% per line.
3/6: -1/2 space, stop moves up to the 50% ret, .6% per line.
3/4: -1/4 space, stop moves up to the 75% ret, .4% per line.
3/3: same space, stop stays at the 100% ret, .3% per line.
...It also depends on whether you sold a pattern or a breakout & whether or not you are
trading a large period or a small one:

if we are talking M5-H1 lines then each line is about 4 pips & price gapping 60 pips past your stop will result in
a loss of 15 lines.
H4: -7.5 lines
D1: -3.75
W1: -1.875
MN: 0.937

If you are really worried then you should either withdraw profits or trade based on a fixed amount.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5635
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 844
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Mira wrote:I'm a little slow but it's getting clear. :D
When you say "stop moves up".. are you saying i have to cut lines of x% ret?
10 lines = 3 lines at risk (normalized) when 3/10?


EURNZDH1.png
EURNZDH1.png (23.4 KiB) Viewed 936 times

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5635
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 844
Gender: Male

HAGO BIAS EXPLAINED

Postby MightyOne » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:14 pm

EURUSDMonthly.png
EURUSDMonthly.png (36.32 KiB) Viewed 840 times

User avatar
Mira
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 707
Gender: Male

Re: HAGO BIAS EXPLAINED

Postby Mira » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:29 pm

MightyOne wrote:EURUSDMonthly.png


Edit: I got it lol

Just one question: "the highest line touched by the weekly extreme..", i don't get this part, are you talking about direction?

What you mean when you say "... line is used"?

User avatar
Mira
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 707
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Mira » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:47 pm

End of month is still profitable.
(I added two lines at the extremes just for a easy use)

IMG_1374.PNG
IMG_1374.PNG (76.68 KiB) Viewed 669 times


For the series "i wish it wasn't demo"

IMG_1373.PNG
IMG_1373.PNG (74.24 KiB) Viewed 669 times



Ps. This is the sexiest template EVER :D

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5635
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 844
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:36 pm

Updated Logic.

Updated Bias Logic.png
Updated Bias Logic.png (13.49 KiB) Viewed 674 times
Attachments
EIGHTS_HAGO_LOGIC_V3.mq4
(29.42 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”