Stock Buy/Sell Triggers

Moderator: moderators

nickka

Stock Buy/Sell Triggers

Postby nickka » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:28 pm

First I created a database of historical stock data that includes: opening price, high price, low price, close price, and trading volume. This would be one record in the database for each trading day.

Now I want to automate the process of triggering stock picks to buy by writing software to do this. Any stocks that I bought, I also want to trigger the stock sale.

One method I have seen for stock picks involves viewing a stock chart that includes the graph of price of the stock over a period of time as well as volume and moving average. Making a stock pick this way would involve analyzing each stock individually and making a determination. That is not something I want to do.

What I would like to do is write software that performs analysis of the historical data in the database and make stock pick recommendations. What algorithm(s) would best be used to perform such analysis? If I would need more data in my historical database, what would that be?

Ideally I would like to have a C# class library that I could call written for a Genetic algorithm or other algorithms. Is there any C# code out there that would show an example on how to do this?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

souls

Re: Stock Buy/Sell Triggers

Postby souls » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:59 am

Making a stock pick this way would involve analyzing each stock individually and making a determination

TheRumpledOne

Re: Stock Buy/Sell Triggers

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:39 pm

I use www.stockfetcher.com for stocks. My threads are still there.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “general platform discussion”